How to mitigate vomiting/nausea/emesis from D2 agonism?

Epik

I've tried metergoline and it gives me this effect where food quite literally spills out of my stomach, especially when I'm asleep. I also get constipation. I recently tried a large dose of cat's claw, which is an MAOB inhibitor, which increases dopamine. I got the same effect that night. I was thinking maybe getting a 5HT3 antagonist, but I did try combining metergoline and cat's claw with cypropheptadine, but it still didn't work. Any other possible ways to mitigate? I really need to increase my dopamine.

D

des yeux

What's your temperature like, with a and without those dopamine agonists? I think there is a good reason why you don't get the benefits you expect.

Backing up those drugs with food and thyroid and protective steroids could maybe allow you to experience more benefits. I think the effects you describe are similar to drinking coffee on an empty stomach.

OP
Epik

Epik

What's your temperature like, with a and without those dopamine agonists? I think there is a good reason why you don't get the benefits you expect.

Backing up those drugs with food and thyroid and protective steroids could maybe allow you to experience more benefits. I think the effects you describe are similar to drinking coffee on an empty stomach.
I am taking one drop of tyromix a day, I'm increasing the dose slowly. I noticed I'm getting less of a down feeling when I'm on cyproheptadine. Should I just wait for thyroid to get better? Every time I start going higher on thyroid it screws things up, but I did it to fast in the past. I really need a mental boost for my job right now, covid and staying indoors during day time for work is screwing with my mental health.

OP
Epik

Epik

memantine gave me this
Interesting, it's a D2 agonist and a 5HT3 antagonist. Have you had any experience with a substance that agonizes D2 but does not antagonize 5HT3 and compared with memantine's effect?

D

des yeux

I am taking one drop of tyromix a day, I'm increasing the dose slowly. I noticed I'm getting less of a down feeling when I'm on cyproheptadine. Should I just wait for thyroid to get better? Every time I start going higher on thyroid it screws things up, but I did it to fast in the past. I really need a mental boost for my job right now, covid and staying indoors during day time for work is screwing with my mental health.
I don't think it's a good idea to force a higher dose. Or force yourself to take dopamine agonists. Do you live at altitude? I think a bright incandescent bulb is more useful than the dopamine agonists. Do you drink coffee? What's your temperature like in general?

johnwester130

Interesting, it's a D2 agonist and a 5HT3 antagonist. Have you had any experience with a substance that agonizes D2 but does not antagonize 5HT3 and compared with memantine's effect?

I have bromantane and also feel a bit odd on it.

I felt the same with amantadine

OP
Epik

Epik

I don't think it's a good idea to force a higher dose. Or force yourself to take dopamine agonists. Do you live at altitude? I think a bright incandescent bulb is more useful than the dopamine agonists. Do you drink coffee? What's your temperature like in general?
I don't live in altitude, but I've seen good results when visiting Banff. I do use red light. I drink just one cup of strong coffee a day. My temperature isn't that good, usually 36.5 degree. I'm working on bringing that up. I guess my biggest question is why do I get emesis at a dose of 0.5mg of metergoline. It seems like nobody else that has used it around me has this issue. What does it signify?

D

des yeux

Do you get heartburn? Do you get that feeling after dose or repeated dosing? The swallowing reflex is affected by serotonin/serotonin antagonists:
Local applications of serotonin have been reported to have either inhibitory or excitatory effects on swallowing (123,175). One should note, however, that ionophoretic application of serotonin or serotonergic agents to NTS neurons, particularly the reflex neurons, consistently inhibits the neuronal activity (100, 297, 298). The antagonistic effects on swallowing are certainly due to differences in the neuronal sensitivity to serotonin and are therefore likely to have resulted from different receptor subsets being activated. The excitatory effects may be mediated by 5-HT2 receptors, since they are abolished by intravenous injection of either ketanserin, methysergide, or metergoline (24). The nature of the receptor(s) mediating the depressant action of serotonin has not yet been clearly established. This effect is mimicked by quipazine and 8-hydroxy-2-(di-N-propylamino)tetralin (8-OH-DPAT) and can be partially prevented by local pretreatment with metitepin, but not by intravenous injections of methysergide and metergoline. These results suggest that 5-HT1 receptors are involved (161), which is in line with the recent finding that 5-HT1A binding sites exist in high densities in NTS areas involved in deglutition (210, 334). The question as to what exact factors determine the effects of serotonin, i.e., excitation versus inhibition, have not yet been elucidated. Due to serotoninergic receptors having differential affinities, the amount of agent microinjected may be a critical factor. The neural components involved in these opposite effects may also be different. The respective distributions of the injection sites involved in excitatory and inhibitory effects only partly overlap. The inhibitory sites are located in the NTS regions known to contain swallowing neurons receiving laryngeal inputs, i.e., at the level of the interstitial subnucleus, whereas the excitatory sites are located more rostrally and more medially (161).
The only reason I ask about temp etc is that when I take e.g: bromocriptine and I'm not ready energetically, I will get nauseous and my nose will be blocked. In all cases, I think these compounds should be used sporadically, compared to coffee, T3, and even nicotine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom