How to make the Kidneys healthy again and reverse kidney disease?

Aad

Bromantane is good for kidney health? I didn’t know this, thanks. Do you have any sources/references so I can read more?

Sampa

One of the most cruel kidney diseases is FSGS, which causes scarring of kidney. (imunologic causes in most cases). If bromantane could be helpful it would be a sensation.

MichaelY

If your on Instagram, give Dante Trudel a follow. He's a bodybuilder / weight lifter, but is very focused on health first. He's posted before about the benefits of astragalus in reversing kidney disease, specifically fhe Vitamin Shoppe brand. 4 or 5 grams in the morning and then again later in the evening. He swears by astragalus. Give him a follow and good luck.

mamakitty

I don’t know if you are still working on your kidneys, but your protein intake is indeed very high. Are you a bodybuilder?
Many people have mentioned astragalus here, which I believe is a chinese herb. I have read articles on it being excellent for kidneys but I don’t have experience or know anyone who used it. But I guess it’s worth a shot.

Phaedrus

Someone mentioned low protein - you should look up Walter Kempner and his Rice Diet. It was a program he led as a physician at Duke University. The rice diet, composed of white rice, fruit juice, and white sugar, was designed as a low protein diet for patients with kidney disease. Apparently it was quite effective.

Jessie

Yes, I second what this last guy just said. Kempner had excellent results with a low-fat, low-protein, high-carb diet with kidney disease remission. His diet also happened to be low in phosphate, which is also important.

Various substances that could help:

ceylon cinnamon
niacinamide
thiamine
androsterone
progesterone
thyroid
aspirin
DHT
taurine
TUDCA
pyrucet