How To Make Sure You Detox Estrogen Effectively

Recoen

Will do! Seems like something that would synergize with thiamine and biotin really well. I've just started a high dose biotin experiment for the purposes of suppressing gluconeogenesis, so I think I'll add some cardamom to the stack.
About how much biotin is needed to suppress gluconeogenesis?

Jessie

About how much biotin is needed to suppress gluconeogenesis?
I'm taking 40mgs daily. 20mgs in the morning, and then an additional 10mgs with lunch and dinner. I'm only on the 3rd day, but I think I can already tell a difference. But I'm not sure if the difference is from suppressing gluconeogenesis, or from additional ATP creation (which biotin will also do). I've noticed I'm breathing much deeper though.

My main purpose for trying this is just so that I can maximize my usage of protein. If I can suppress fatty acid synthesis, then I won't waste any protein by converting it to sugar and then to ultimately fat. This morning I added 4 grams of cardamom as well, thinking about adding 1-2 grams ceylon cinnamon as well. My goals are to maximize protein utilization, increase positive nitrogen, and keep ammonia and lactate suppressed. If my theory is anywhere near correct, I should be able to recover much quicker from workouts, and possibly even put lean mass on much more easily.

But, to suppress gluconeogenesis, I'm thinking the dose should probably be somewhere between 20-40mgs daily. Although this is a high dose of biotin, it shouldn't give much issue. The studies on MS show subjects were taking up to 300mgs daily, which is insanely high, lol. Biotin is usually dosed in micrograms, not milligrams.

Recoen

I'm taking 40mgs daily. 20mgs in the morning, and then an additional 10mgs with lunch and dinner. I'm only on the 3rd day, but I think I can already tell a difference. But I'm not sure if the difference is from suppressing gluconeogenesis, or from additional ATP creation (which biotin will also do). I've noticed I'm breathing much deeper though.

My main purpose for trying this is just so that I can maximize my usage of protein. If I can suppress fatty acid synthesis, then I won't waste any protein by converting it to sugar and then to ultimately fat. This morning I added 4 grams of cardamom as well, thinking about adding 1-2 grams ceylon cinnamon as well. My goals are to maximize protein utilization, increase positive nitrogen, and keep ammonia and lactate suppressed. If my theory is anywhere near correct, I should be able to recover much quicker from workouts, and possibly even put lean mass on much more easily.

But, to suppress gluconeogenesis, I'm thinking the dose should probably be somewhere between 20-40mgs daily. Although this is a high dose of biotin, it shouldn't give much issue. The studies on MS show subjects were taking up to 300mgs daily, which is insanely high, lol. Biotin is usually dosed in micrograms, not milligrams.
Thank you! I currently use 150ug/d of biotin but have thought about slowly increasing to 1mg to see if I notice anything. Please let us know if you find you need more Mn, B1, Mg, etc with the higher biotin dose. How long do you plan to stay that high?
Are you doing anything else to suppress fatty acid synthesis?

Grapelander

Pure Bulk: Glucuronolactone $ 9.25 for 100 grams
below from wiki
Glucuronolactone is metabolized to glucaric acid, xylitol, and L-xylulose, and humans may also be able to use glucuronolactone as a precursor for ascorbic acid synthesis.[3] According to The Merck Index, it is also used as a detoxicant.[4] The liver uses glucose to create glucuronolactone, which inhibits the enzyme B-glucuronidase (metabolizes glucuronides), which should cause blood-glucuronide levels to rise. Glucuronides combine with toxic substances, such as morphine and depot medroxyprogesterone acetate, by converting them to water-soluble glucuronide-conjugates which are excreted in the urine.[5] Theoretically, higher blood-glucuronides should help remove toxins from the body, leading to the claim that energy drinks are detoxifying.[6] Free glucuronic acid (or its self-ester glucuronolactone) has less effect on detoxification than glucose,[citation needed] because the body synthesizes UDP-glucuronic acid from glucose. Therefore, sufficient carbohydrate intake provides enough UDP-glucuronic acid for detoxication,[citation needed] and foods rich in glucose are usually abundant in developed nations.

Glucuronolactone is a popular ingredient in energy drinks with claims that it detoxifies the body. Although levels of glucuronolactone in energy drinks can far exceed those found in the rest of the diet, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has concluded that exposure to glucuronolactone from regular consumption of energy drinks is not a safety concern. The no-observed-adverse-effect level of glucuronolactone is 1000 mg/kg/day.[7]
Red Bull

Jessie

Thank you! I currently use 150ug/d of biotin but have thought about slowly increasing to 1mg to see if I notice anything. Please let us know if you find you need more Mn, B1, Mg, etc with the higher biotin dose. How long do you plan to stay that high?
Are you doing anything else to suppress fatty acid synthesis?
I will, but I'll probably post updates on my "experiment thread" to avoid getting off topic. I'm not noticing any problems yet, in regards to mineral needs.

My daily diet is hitting everything I think. 1/2 can of orange juice concentrate (high in B1), roasted asparagus (high in B1), blueberries, cooked pears, honey, yogurt, cottage cheese, curds, parmesan, milk, pudding, cocoa, coffee, egg yolks, oysters, carrot salad, mushrooms, potato protein, and occasional beef (usually oxtail). I should be hitting all my micros pretty good.

The biggest difference I've noticed so far is deeper breathing, and maybe slightly more energy. I did workout this morning, didn't notice any additional performance benefits. I'm slightly disappointing, but honestly I wasn't expecting much there anyways. I'm thinking my recovery time should be faster though.

The only other thing I'm doing to suppress fatty acid synthesis is eating low fat, keeping it around 25 grams daily. 5 of which comes from the teaspoon of coconut oil on the carrot. The days I have oxtail could be pushing the upper limits, it's a pretty fatty cut of meat. But I make it a day ahead, and once it cools in the fridge the fat solidifies and I skim it all off. So I thinking I'm hitting my macros pretty closely. I can just go by feeling when I know I've had too much fat, because I tend to never get full. Fat really screws with my leptin signaling bad.

CurrieGirl

Estrogen is detoxed through the liver. It gets conjugated with glucuronic acid which makes it easier to eliminate from the body. However, there is an enzyme in the body that re-activates the detoxed estrogen.

I wrote a short article discussing how to inhibit that enzyme to allow proper estrogen (and other toxins) detoxification.
How to make sure you detox estrogen properly » MenElite
That was a good article as well as the others articles I read. Any suggestions for a good vitamin protocol to reduce and eliminate estrogen? I'm 56 yrs old and have a large fibroid. I take aspirin, vitamin E, niacin, I don't drink plastic water, I've eliminated green veggies, following RPs guidelines which means I'm eating more carbs/sugar. My 5 year foray into low carb made this fibroid grow along with other problems I'm trying to fix. Thank you in advance.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
That was a good article as well as the others articles I read. Any suggestions for a good vitamin protocol to reduce and eliminate estrogen? I'm 56 yrs old and have a large fibroid. I take aspirin, vitamin E, niacin, I don't drink plastic water, I've eliminated green veggies, following RPs guidelines which means I'm eating more carbs/sugar. My 5 year foray into low carb made this fibroid grow along with other problems I'm trying to fix. Thank you in advance.
Vit B1, B2 and niacinamide and compounds that increase the NAD to NADH ratio such as methylene blue can be very helpful.
Calcium-d-glucarate once or twice a week can also help a lot.