How To Make Sure You Detox Estrogen Effectively

Hans

Forum Supporter
Estrogen is detoxed through the liver. It gets conjugated with glucuronic acid which makes it easier to eliminate from the body. However, there is an enzyme in the body that re-activates the detoxed estrogen.

I wrote a short article discussing how to inhibit that enzyme to allow proper estrogen (and other toxins) detoxification.
How to make sure you detox estrogen properly » MenElite

Regina

Estrogen is detoxed through the liver. It gets conjugated with glucuronic acid which makes it easier to eliminate from the body. However, there is an enzyme in the body that re-activates the detoxed estrogen.

I wrote a short article discussing how to inhibit that enzyme to allow proper estrogen (and other toxins) detoxification.
Thanks Hans.
Great article.
I wonder if you have thoughts on kombucha (due to its glucoronic acid content). I used to feel amazing after a few ozs of booch. Then, there was a distinct switch where it made me feel horrible and I started gaining weight. Now I am thinking it could be from raised β-glucuronidase. Thx

Inaut

D-limonene is something which I think is relevant to this subject @Hans

LeeLemonoil

Any data on it inhibiting beta-glucuronidase?

Another gem @Hans

Goes to show once more that estrogens are foremost stress and inflammation steroids as part of the immune system and not a „female hormone“.
Nf-Kb as on of the Master signalers of the inflamnatio-cascade frees up estrogens when bound to glucoronate so it can itself set up inflammation processes.

Jessie

Good article. I'm becoming more and more interested in cardamom. After you told me it has a mild laxative effect, and now finding out it can reduce ammonia and lactate, it's sounding more and more like something to include on a regular and consistent basis.

Recoen

Have you tried calcium d glucarate?

Vinny

Thank you, Hans

Great article, thanks. Milk thistle is amazing stuff. It might just be me but my alcohol tolerance and clearance rate skyrockets when I use it. That's a sign that it's doing something beneficial for the liver in my book.

I wonder if you have thoughts on kombucha (due to its glucoronic acid content). I used to feel amazing after a few ozs of booch. Then, there was a distinct switch where it made me feel horrible and I started gaining weight.

I had the exact same issue but the weight gain for me was water retention, likely from gut inflammation. I tried various brands and even made my own using yerba mate. Same end result. Made me constantly nauseated as well.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans.
Great article.
I wonder if you have thoughts on kombucha (due to its glucoronic acid content). I used to feel amazing after a few ozs of booch. Then, there was a distinct switch where it made me feel horrible and I started gaining weight. Now I am thinking it could be from raised β-glucuronidase. Thx
Thanks! It should be fine in small doses, so it's definitely good to stay at doses where you still feel fine. Kombucha's glucuronic content is lower than that of grapefruit and if you eat a whole grapefruit you should be getting much more glucuronic acid than from a little kombucha.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes indeed, but I can't find anything on limonene and beta-glucuronidase, only for phase II detoxification.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Any data on it inhibiting beta-glucuronidase?

Another gem @Hans

Goes to show once more that estrogens are foremost stress and inflammation steroids as part of the immune system and not a „female hormone“.
Nf-Kb as on of the Master signalers of the inflamnatio-cascade frees up estrogens when bound to glucoronate so it can itself set up inflammation processes.
Thanks man. Yes indeed, the combination of elevated estrogen and inflammation is a nasty combo. But even "normal" estrogen with inflammation will be a problem.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good article. I'm becoming more and more interested in cardamom. After you told me it has a mild laxative effect, and now finding out it can reduce ammonia and lactate, it's sounding more and more like something to include on a regular and consistent basis.
Try it out, see how it works for you and then give a small update here if you don't mind.

Have you tried calcium d glucarate?
Not as a supplement no.

Great article, thanks. Milk thistle is amazing stuff. It might just be me but my alcohol tolerance and clearance rate skyrockets when I use it. That's a sign that it's doing something beneficial for the liver in my book.
Thanks for reading. Good stuff. Taurine is also great and can speed up alcohol clearance from the liver as well which can help prevent hangover.

Regina

Thanks! It should be fine in small doses, so it's definitely good to stay at doses where you still feel fine. Kombucha's glucuronic content is lower than that of grapefruit and if you eat a whole grapefruit you should be getting much more glucuronic acid than from a little kombucha.
Thx Hans.

Jessie

Try it out, see how it works for you and then give a small update here if you don't mind.

Will do! Seems like something that would synergize with thiamine and biotin really well. I've just started a high dose biotin experiment for the purposes of suppressing gluconeogenesis, so I think I'll add some cardamom to the stack.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals