How To Make Reward System Very Sensitive?

Discussion in 'Mental Issues' started by GorillaHead, Oct 8, 2019.

1. GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

How can one reset the reward system in the mind so it is sensitive to even the smallest accomplishments? Any supplements that can help with this process. Obviously not doing drugs or over indulging is the behavior that will help the most with that.

2. rei

rei Member

occasional low-dose antipsychotic medication. Seroquel seems to be the most appropriate based on user experiences but i don't know about it's serotonin antagonism compared to others, so maybe the latest research could suggest something else.

3. HealingBoy

HealingBoy Member

Stimulation fasting.

Illegal / grey option : Iboga has dopamine antagonist compounds that can help upregulate dopamine receptors and thus dopaminergic tone. Not the easiest option though.

4. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Why is this important to you. I’m wondering if you can provide some context @GorillaHead to see what domain you are talking about.

5. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    This is a good thing to want, especially if that system is altered from past drug use. Creating goals, and holding out until you reach them can help.

6. OP
    GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

Well I’ve done drugs in the past but not heavily. In past 3 years I’ve probably smoked half an oz of weed. Did like 12 points of molly and taken 400mg of amphetamine prescribed and like 30 shots of alcohol total. All in the past 3 years. I haven’t done anything in like 5 months now.

so I am wondering if there’s room to increase my sensitivity to rewards and how to do it

7. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    There is always room to help the brain, I am a recovering addict since 2004, but continued my intermittent/heavy drinking since then, so that is why I followed this thread. I do not know what points of MOLLY equate to as a measurement here in the U.S. I have only taken it one time in my life, over 20 years ago, and who the hell knows if it was real MDMA or adulterated. That stuff in particular has much toxicity associated with it's usage. Specifically to Serotonin and Dopamine circuitry, I do not know exactly how, or what causes it, but we heard of using SSRI's prior to using it to prevent some of that. Regular amphetamine is perhaps not as toxic as methamphetamine, but is highly serotonergic nonetheless. Marijuana is not thought to directly agonize Dopamine, so it likely the least concern here. Tobacco would be more of a concern on DA and Acetylcholine projections.

8. OP
    GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

1 point is 100mg. I am sure there are impurities. Heavy metals.

My current reward sensitivity is okay. But I feel as if it could be significantly be better. I avoid drugs pretty easily. I just think of the negative consequences every-time I am tempted. So when someone shows me a drink I think of vomit. Vomit lots of vomit. The feeling of being hung over and the loss of days recovering. Weed I think about the acne and how it’s very estrogenic and causes b**** ***s and I got gyno surgery in the past. But ya lol something to increase sensitivity would be nice besides altering behaviors

9. lampofred

lampofred Member

High CO2. Sensitivity is lost due to excess calcium uptake. CO2 is the main protector against intracellular calcium, salt + magnesium too but those are easily retained when CO2 is high

10. OP
    GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

So baking soda?

11. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Would carbonated beverages count ? Like seltzer, or naturally carbonated waters ?

12. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

i think avoiding cellphones and forums and such probably helps a lot.

13. OP
    GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

Almost sarcastic but also
    Interesting you say that. As my cellphone is a major information addiction. It’s a huge gratitude provider

14. milkboi

milkboi Member

I recently cut my smartphone use to zero. Only using the internet for 2 hours right now, and will cut that even lower. I set long-term goals and short-term goals to move towards the former. I keep a list where I do a check symbol if I reach the daily goal. So far there has not been one day where I slacked off since implementing this protocol.

This is obviously an oversimplification, but I think the general concept works.

15. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Unfortunately, I addicted to my phone, but it should subside now, as I just got my 13th suspension from Facebook, which will last 30 days lmao ....

16. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I am sorry if I came across as sarcastic. I assure you I am being sincere.

17. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

18. OP
    GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

No need to be sorry

19. ThinPicking

ThinPicking New Member

bromantane

20. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Propranolol is a thought. There are some studies showing it can reset the effect bad memories have and maybe it would reset the so-called reward circuitry.