how to make chicken neck soup?

tara

I don't know what Peat's recommendations are, but if you searh forum for chicken neck stock you get a few more hits, including how i make chicken neck stock. I have a little in the morning by itself, and a little in the evening mixed with other stock and sometimes veges for soup.

Jenn

LOL...that was my post.

Let me clarify for you. The key word here is woodstove. On MY woodstove, the temperature is not very hot as it is a soapstone woodstove. It takes HOURS to heat up and give off a low, slow temperature. "Bringing to a boil" temperature only happens on rare occasions right after reloading the fire, once or twice/day and there is only one spot on the stove where this can actually happen. So we are really talking keep warm temps the majority of the time.

It was not instructions, it wa what I did at the time.

Use a pressure cooker for 20 minutes with some onion skins , salt, vinegar and water and you will get your broth much faster. ;)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Using Sheep Neck Soup Instead Of Chicken Neck Soup Thyroid and Hormones 1
sunmountain Calling all chicken neck soup lovers... Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 6
A Chicken Neck Potato Soup! Recipes 0
lvysaur Does chicken digest faster than beef? Meat 4
F Dosing Thyroid From Chicken Necks? Ask For Help or Advice 2
SOMO Chicken Meat ACE-Inhibitors Peptides Scientific Studies 1
paulwalkerrip Separating Chicken Fat From Stock? Broth, Stocks 3
A Meat, Chicken And B Vits Making My Gut Bloated And Noisy Ask For Help or Advice 5
pauljacob Chicken Fed Soy Meal Increase Estrogen In The Body Animals 8
L Chicken Liver Instead Of Beef/Lamb Liver? Organ Meat 11
L Ray Peat Eats Fried Chicken Wings? Fats 28
E Chicken And Eggs Intake Associated With Anti-androgenic Phthalate Intake Scientific Studies 21
vulture Did You Ask For Gelatin? Chicken Feet Recipes 0
Dessert_All_Day Jordan Peterson's Chicken And Broccoli Diet Miscellaneous Health Discussions 53
R Pufa Content Chicken Vs Pork Ask For Help or Advice 8
P Chicken Soup Really Is Good For The Soul: "comfort Food" Fulfills The Need To Belong Articles & Scientific Studies 5
ShirtTieFitness Sautéed Garlic Chicken Thai Green Curry Over Sticky Rice Recipes 0
C OJ + Chicken Drumstick + Hard Physical Work = Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
B Stock From Chicken Feet Recipes 21
Let Go Subway's Soy Chicken Miscellaneous 2
P After Cooking Cartilage Broth Should I Eat The Chicken Feet Too? Digestion, Gut Flora 8
yerrag Fish And Chicken And Pork And Avocadoes Diet 22
T It Takes A Long Time To Pick The Bones Out Of Chicken Feet Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 0
P Effects Of Chicken Essence On Recovery From Mental Fatigue In Healthy Males Articles & Scientific Studies 12
L Chicken Liver "Farofa" Recipes 0
F How Ray Peat Makes Chicken Stock Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 21
T high amount of chicken Meat 9
R Beef Liver/ Chicken Liver? Organ Meat 35
Strongbad Substitutes for oysters and chicken necks? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 22
P Chicken broth instead of gelatin acceptable? Broth, Stocks 1
Daimyo Eating chicken and human temperature Meat 16
sunmountain cream of chicken soup Recipes 4
S Chicken Farmer Uses Oregano Oil, Cinnamon in Place of Antibiotics Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
lindsay Chicken Soup for the "Peatarian" soul Diet, Recipes 3
E How To Depufa Chicken Meat 5
lvysaur Pastured Chicken/pork - Safe Or No? Meat 7
H Fish heads and chicken necks, oh my! Diet, Recipes 6
W Milk, chicken, starch, eggs... Diet, Recipes 21
R Is Chicken Breast Really That Bad? Meat 32
N Chicken Meat 33
G Fertilized vs Unfertilized Chicken Eggs Kmud Interview: Oct.10, 2010 - Sugar II [Clipped.I 0
L Skin on neck thyroid Ask For Help or Advice 0
O Advice For Chronic Neck Pain? Ask For Help or Advice 25
GelatinGoblin I've Got A Few KG Of Turkey Neck -- How Many Hours To Simmer For A Good Gelatinous Broth? Broth, Stocks 3
T Revisiting Simple Thyroid Signals: Unpinchable Skin & Grooves Across The Neck Metabolism 11
ecstatichamster Eyes, Posture And Back/neck Pain Symptoms, Causes 5
M Tight Neck And Back / Tensions Impact On Health? Ask For Help or Advice 5
Lorof Itchy Neck After Barber Visit Skin 0
Aaron Cervicogenic (neck-originating) Headache Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 7
M Connection Between Back And/or Neck Tensions And Mental Issues/disorders ? Ask For Help or Advice 15