How To Make A Cough **** Off

Zebra Collins

Hello, does anybody have any natural solutions to quickly get rid of or quell a persistent dry cough that has outstayed its visit over the festive season?

OP
Z

Zebra Collins

@Peater Thanks, just having a an extremely thick hot chocolate with honey, hope it does the trick (even if only partially!) :)

Dave Clark

Somebody told me this recently, I have no idea if it works: he said take a tablespoon of the liquor Jaegermeister, simply put in mouth and swallow. Maybe it has some herbs in it that do something,not sure. He said his wife tried everything under the sun to no avail, but this stopped her cough.

GAF

Cough drops with benzocaine can eventually calm the hypersensitized nerves in the larynx. Use a lot of them.

Big Lots has them for 50 cents for 10.

whodathunkit

My Grandmother used to crush an aspirin in a teaspoon of warm honey with a little lemon juice.

Somebody told me this recently, I have no idea if it works: he said take a tablespoon of the liquor Jaegermeister, simply put in mouth and swallow. Maybe it has some herbs in it that do something,not sure. He said his wife tried everything under the sun to no avail, but this stopped her cough.
Makes sense, since it already tastes like cough syrup. The other benefit is that after swallowing some Jag you either forget to cough or no longer care that you're coughing.

sladerunner69

Possibly the licorice flavoring?

tara

Here what Artour Rahkimov says, based on Buteyo method and retaining enough CO2 to calm airways:
https://www.normalbreathing.com/get-rid-of-cough.php

I've found helpful: keeping mouth shut at night, coughing no more than I need to, and holding breath briefly after any coughing I can't avoid.