How to lower testosterone in women?

unnamed

I am a woman in my early 20’s. I had my hormones tested in November and my free testosterone was 24 pg/ml. But these past two weeks my sex drive has been annoyingly high, I have felt very aggressive and I am growing too much hair :( I am trying to figure out what is causing this and how to help it. This past month I stopped eating grain but I probably have been having too many leafy vegetables and fruits with the seeds to make up for the lack of bulk in my diet. I stopped using unnatural products and plastic exposure as much as possible.

Beastmode

I am a woman in my early 20’s. I had my hormones tested in November and my free testosterone was 24 pg/ml. But these past two weeks my sex drive has been annoyingly high, I have felt very aggressive and I am growing too much hair :( I am trying to figure out what is causing this and how to help it. This past month I stopped eating grain but I probably have been having too many leafy vegetables and fruits with the seeds to make up for the lack of bulk in my diet. I stopped using unnatural products and plastic exposure as much as possible.

T converts into Estrogren so that makes sense. Removing unnatural products and plastic exposure might be helpful, but getting dialed in on your diet, nutrition and overall lifestyle factors that are stressing your system day to day (i.e- emotional stressors, etc,) might help complete the overall strategy.

Nebula

What other symptoms of high T are you having? Lower voice,

OP
U

unnamed

What other symptoms of high T are you having? Lower voice,
My voice may be slightly lower but I think it takes a lot more testosterone to have a measurable and lasting difference

Nebula

My voice may be slightly lower but I think it takes a lot more testosterone to have a measurable and lasting difference
Did you mean 24 ng/dL? Isn’t that on the lower end of normal for females?

Do you have estrogen and thyroid labs?

Maybe these unwanted symptoms aren’t necessarily related to testosterone or DHT levels.

OP
U

unnamed

Did you mean 24 ng/dL? Isn’t that on the lower end of normal for females?

Do you have estrogen and thyroid labs?

Maybe these unwanted symptoms aren’t necessarily related to testosterone or DHT levels.
That was from 3 months ago, the issues I’m having showed up the past 2 or 3 weeks. My estrogen and thyroid was low, my progesterone was a bit low but the estrogen to progesterone ratio was good, and my DHEAs were almost high. I found the solution to my low levels of everything was to simply eat more protein and calories. My body fat is also not too low at the moment, but I’m almost growing a beard. I think I need to be more careful to avoid seeds in fruits and what not, since my household is doing keto.

Nebula

Oh is 24 pg/ml your free testosterone level? That would definitely be out of range.
Do you know your total testosterone level as well?

Maybe PCOS is a possibility.

Last edited:
Might be due to high insulin levels which spike androgens, adopting a life style which improves your insulin sensitivity might help. You may also find the supplement Berberine to be beneficial.

OP
U

unnamed

Oh is 24 pg/ml your free testosterone level? That would definitely be out of range.
Do you know your total testosterone level as well?

Maybe PCOS is a possibility.

1B050A29-0BC0-4A37-990F-F6BAE33DD8AA.jpeg

Pcos seems to be more severe, I think I am just acutely imbalanced and I am looking for ways to fix this fast.

L_C

Did you test prolactin? Excessive hair can be a sign of elevated prolactin (look up the symptoms). At your age I would start with a quality Vitamin E like tocovit. Even if your blood estrogen is within the range, you store a bunch in tissues and that will not show up in your blood work.

ursidae

sounds like pcos to me, my labs are similar
I think for insulin it's good to have long walks every day at noon, 10 to 15 mins of light cardio before your highest glycemic meal of the day (4 times a week), fruits and starch 1st half of the day, getting at least 150% RDI of folate. Getting plenty of B1, B6. B1 is very sensitive to heat and high sugar sources of it use it up. Folate is 90% destoyed by heat, so I supplement B1 and get folate from a variety from raw easily digestible foods. Occasionally some inositol and chromium GTF. The NOW Foods optizinc supp looks good. And of course never forget iodine

Last edited:
OP
U

unnamed

Did you test prolactin? Excessive hair can be a sign of elevated prolactin (look up the symptoms). At your age I would start with a quality Vitamin E like tocovit. Even if your blood estrogen is within the range, you store a bunch in tissues and that will not show up in your blood work.
Sadly I couldn’t get the prolactin tested but my tsh was 1.8, since then I ate more in order to boost my thyroid and improve balance. I will go back to using quality vitamin E drops.

OP
U

unnamed

sounds like pcos to me, my labs are similar
I think for insulin it's good to have long walks every day at noon, 10 to 15 mins of light cardio before your highest glycemic meal of the day (4 times a week), fruits and starch 1st half of the day, getting at least 150% RDI of folate. Getting plenty of B1, B6. B1 is very sensitive to heat and high sugar sources of it use it up. Folate is 90% destoyed by heat, so I supplement B1 and get folate from a variety from raw easily digestible foods. Occasionally some inositol and chromium GTF. The NOW Foods optizinc supp looks good. And of course never forget iodine
I will try fasting and light exercises to boost insulin sensitivity. I never thought of having pcos since I do not struggle with my weight and my menstrual cycles are normal but a bit fast, Peat told me that this can be fixed by boosting my thyroid.

ursidae

I will try fasting and light exercises to boost insulin sensitivity. I never thought of having pcos since I do not struggle with my weight and my menstrual cycles are normal but a bit fast, Peat told me that this can be fixed by boosting my thyroid.
Tbh thyroid is probably gonna work better than anything I’ve suggested. I just don’t like the idea of taking it

OP
U

unnamed

Tbh thyroid is probably gonna work better than anything I’ve suggested. I just don’t like the idea of taking it
It’s inconvenient for me to get thyroid medication since I live in the USA (also since I am subclinical) so I’m trying to fix it with diet first, naturally.

Rick K

It is one of the greatest misconceptions that testosterone causes aggression. Aggressive behavior is almost always caused by high cortisol. Your test numbers are low. A full hormone panel would be helpful for you. The foods you describe are not going to ramp up testosterone. It would be wise to look into PCOS as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals