How to lower intracellular cortisol

Hans

Forum Supporter
As some of you might know, blood cortisol (and also the other cortisol measures) aren't always very accurate. This is because a blood draw only measures the cortisol in the blood, but excludes intracellular cortisol. 11B-HSD1 and 2 regulate intracellular cortisol. So someone can easily have high cortisol problems despite having normal blood cortisol levels.

Read more here how you can reduce it: How to lower your invisible (intracellular) cortisol » MENELITE

P

Peatness

As some of you might know, blood cortisol (and also the other cortisol measures) aren't always very accurate. This is because a blood draw only measures the cortisol in the blood, but excludes intracellular cortisol. 11B-HSD1 and 2 regulate intracellular cortisol. So someone can easily have high cortisol problems despite having normal blood cortisol levels.

Read more here how you can reduce it: How to lower your invisible (intracellular) cortisol » MENELITE
Thanks very useful.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans do you take 500mg of raw, powdered pau d'arco bark or extract?
I personally take 3-4 drops Lapodin x3 daily sublingually and it works great for me. I haven't tried the bark yet, but want to since the whole plant/bark often has different effects than just one specific isolate.

Inaut

There's also other anthra and napthoquinones in the bark (although not studied like the main two)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
There's also other anthra and napthoquinones in the bark (although not studied like the main two)
Yes for sure. Have you used the bark or extract before?

Inaut

I've used the bark for many years on and off to make tea and tincture (it's alot cheaper making it yourself if you have the time). Currently I'm taking 1/2 teaspoon of powder with ginger and cardamom in water in the mornings.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've used the bark for many years on and off to make tea and tincture (it's alot cheaper making it yourself if you have the time). Currently I'm taking 1/2 teaspoon of powder with ginger and cardamom in water in the mornings.
Do you get noticeable effects from it?

Peater

Thanks for this Hans. I just had some pau d'arco arrive today, and have blood test confirming high cortisol.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for this Hans. I just had some pau d'arco arrive today, and have blood test confirming high cortisol.
My pleasure man. Keep us posted on your results.

Summer

@Hans after reading this article again, I was reminded that I have a few composite dental fillings that have low levels of BPA in them. Do you think that taking the steps you mention in the article would even be effective for me? I’m really hoping not to have to spend the time, money and pain to get them removed.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans after reading this article again, I was reminded that I have a few composite dental fillings that have low levels of BPA in them. Do you think that taking the steps you mention in the article would even be effective for me? I’m really hoping not to have to spend the time, money and pain to get them removed.
Probably yes. I would also just support liver function to make sure you detox the BPA effectively as it gets released.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals