How To Lower Inhibition (through Food, Supps) Besides Alcohol?

AnonE

Alcohol is well known for lowering inhibition, through some GABA mechanism I think, but I don't fully understand. (maybe someone can put in a quick summary.)

This community seems to have a great deal of knowledge around these topics, biohacking, hormone/neurotransmitter optimization, etc, so I was thinking there should specific dietary and supplementation strategies to mimic these effects in a healthier way, even if it's to a lesser extent.

The reason I ask this is because of the utility. I think in the modern connected world of 7Bn+ people, high inhibition and overt fear of being ostracized is a relic of our evolutionary past that is now somewhat mal-adaptive. We're not in tribes of 50 anymore. I definitely sense this in business: the world is big with many potential avenues to pursue, so moving faster and being less sensitive and inhibited in general (not worrying so much, achieving something akin to 'the opposite of anxiety') is really critical. Frankly modern dating is becoming the same, at least in North America.

So back on topic - how would one lower inhibitions through their biological inputs, and strive towards "the opposite of anxiety"? Cheers

lampofred

Inhibition/anxiety is just a sign of low energy.

Increasing foods that have magnesium and potassium (fruits), increasing coffee intake, increasing thyroid supplementation, taking pregnenolone + progesterone, eating more fructose, breathing less, thinking less, taking piracetam, taking aspirin are all things that will allow you to "open up" in a good way

Sodium, DHEA, fast food with lots of MSG, seasoning, etc. will lower inhibition in a "dominating" kind of way as opposed to a "opening up" kind of way

Alcohol, SSRIs, any activity that increases prolactin will lower inhibition in the short-run in a way you might end up regretting later (such as saying/doing things you really shouldn't have done) and will actually increase inhibition in the long-run

I think only the first way is good in the long-run.

Disclaimer: this is not backed by anything Dr.Peat has said, just my guesses

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals