How To Lower Inhibition (through Food, Supps) Besides Alcohol?

AnonE

Alcohol is well known for lowering inhibition, through some GABA mechanism I think, but I don't fully understand. (maybe someone can put in a quick summary.)

This community seems to have a great deal of knowledge around these topics, biohacking, hormone/neurotransmitter optimization, etc, so I was thinking there should specific dietary and supplementation strategies to mimic these effects in a healthier way, even if it's to a lesser extent.

The reason I ask this is because of the utility. I think in the modern connected world of 7Bn+ people, high inhibition and overt fear of being ostracized is a relic of our evolutionary past that is now somewhat mal-adaptive. We're not in tribes of 50 anymore. I definitely sense this in business: the world is big with many potential avenues to pursue, so moving faster and being less sensitive and inhibited in general (not worrying so much, achieving something akin to 'the opposite of anxiety') is really critical. Frankly modern dating is becoming the same, at least in North America.

So back on topic - how would one lower inhibitions through their biological inputs, and strive towards "the opposite of anxiety"? Cheers

lampofred

Inhibition/anxiety is just a sign of low energy.

Increasing foods that have magnesium and potassium (fruits), increasing coffee intake, increasing thyroid supplementation, taking pregnenolone + progesterone, eating more fructose, breathing less, thinking less, taking piracetam, taking aspirin are all things that will allow you to "open up" in a good way

Sodium, DHEA, fast food with lots of MSG, seasoning, etc. will lower inhibition in a "dominating" kind of way as opposed to a "opening up" kind of way

Alcohol, SSRIs, any activity that increases prolactin will lower inhibition in the short-run in a way you might end up regretting later (such as saying/doing things you really shouldn't have done) and will actually increase inhibition in the long-run

I think only the first way is good in the long-run.

Disclaimer: this is not backed by anything Dr.Peat has said, just my guesses

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hans How to lower intracellular cortisol Articles & Scientific Studies 1
Lokzo COVID‐19 pneumonia causes lower testosterone levels - PUBMED 2020 Scientific Studies 4
U How To Lower Stress Impact From Surgery? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 0
D Lower And Upper Body Weakness Symptoms, Causes 0
H How To Lower High Prolactin? Blood Work, Labs 13
haidut Aspirin Has Dramatically Lower Bleeding Risk Than Pharma Anticoagulants Scientific Studies 10
lvysaur Why Does Aspirin Lower My Bilirubin? Blood Work, Labs 1
E How Can I Lower My Fever Issues? Tylenol Seems To Be The Only Option Ask For Help or Advice 45
M How To Lower Allopregnanolone Levels Male Issues 5
Hgreen56 Pasta Scores Lower Insulin Index Than Fruit Diet 13
GelatinGoblin Does Sunlight Lower Thyroid And Steroids? Ask For Help or Advice 1
rzero Breast Cancer Survivors Who Use Estrogenic Botanical Supplements Have Lower Serum Estrogen Levels Scientific Studies 20
P Lower Abdominal Bloating From The Pill - Looking For Advice Female Issues 9
S How To Lower CAMP? Metabolism 3
F Can Thyroid Supplementation Lower Already Low Cortisol? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 2
C Higher Carb To Protein Ratio Results In Higher Testosterone And Lower Cortisol In Men (1987) Scientific Studies 5
snacks Magnesium, Iodine, Butekyo All Lower Temperature Metabolism 20
Opioidus A List Of Things That Lower Or Antagonize Progesterone Selectively? Male Issues 1
N Lower Levels Of Endotoxins And Better Gut Permeability In Centenarians VS Young People Articles & Scientific Studies 0
haidut The "safe" Levels Of Thyroid Inhibitor In Tap Water Much Lower Than Previously Thought Scientific Studies 0
Elize What Can Be Used To Lower Histamine But Not Cortisol Fruit Juice 51
Vileplume More Raw Goat Milk = Lower Temps, Even Though I Feel Good? Metabolism 8
S How Do Permanently Lower Prolactin? Male Issues 48
L Dairy-rich Diet Linked To Lower Risks Of Diabetes And High Blood Pressure Dairy 3
D Possible Ways To Lower Serotonin In Young Children Autism 10
C Temps LOWER On NDT? Ask For Help or Advice 50
pauljacob Tiny Pits In My Lower Leg Skin 6
E Coffee Linked To Lower Body Fat In Women Scientific Studies 0
Hans How To Lower Prolactin: A Quick 10 Tip Guide Articles & Scientific Studies 27
Hgreen56 Peating Cause Lower Inside Back Pains Diet 9
T Supplements To Lower Heart Rate Ask For Help or Advice 22
haidut Mortality Rate Of COVID-19 Is 0.5%, Much Lower Than CDC / WHO Claims Scientific Studies 228
R Lifetime Alcohol Intake Associated With Lower Cerebral Amyloid-beta Deposition Scientific Studies 11
Such_Umami Fasting To Lower Iron Content? Ask For Help or Advice 2
S How To Lower Blood Pressure Ask For Help or Advice 16
Tarmander How To Raise EGFR And Lower Creatinine Blood Work, Labs 32
managing A List Of Things That Lower Carnitine Levels Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
Mauritio Clonidine Increases GH And Might Lower Prolactin Health 0
GorillaHead Anyway To Lower Aldosterone A Little Bit Without Using Anti Androgens Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 6
J Cold Lower Body Warm Upper Body Ask For Help or Advice 0
R Children Who Drank Whole Milk Had Lower Risk Of Being Overweight Or Obese Scientific Studies 3
L What Are Some More Things That Lower Collagen Production? Metabolism 1
L What Are Some More Things That Lower Collagen Production? Metabolism 0
ecstatichamster Why Does Cold Weather Lower Unsaturated Fatty Acids In This Study? Scientific Studies 3
haidut Inhibiting Aromatase (to Lower Estrogen) May Treat Gastric (stomach) Cancer Scientific Studies 14
haidut Rats Can Drive Cars (to Lower Stress), Befriend Robot Rats And Help Them When In Trouble Scientific Studies 7
milkboi What Are Your Go-To Methods To Lower Adrenaline ? Ask For Help or Advice 61
meatbag Suicides Have Elevated Serotonin, 5-HIAA, And Lower Serotonin Turnover Scientific Studies 1
Adrenaline Ways To Lower/Inhibit IGF-1? Ask For Help or Advice 10
Lokzo Does Vitamin E Chelate/Lower Iron Or Just Protect Against Excess? E 7