How To Lower High Prolactin?

Hear2Learn

Hi Everyone,

First time poster here. I just got a blood test back with a proclatin level of 11.5 ng/mL. Any suggestions on what I can to do try and lower it?

I started eating a peatish diet about two months ago (dairy, ruminants and fruit) and take NDT Thyroid, Aspirin, Vitamin D, Vitamin K (MK7), desiccated liver daily, and Pregnenolone three times a week. I have had a chronically low temperature but now get it up to the 98.x range (with HR around 70) after breakfast - so that's progress.

Thanks for any suggestions!

milkboi

Supplements: Vitamin B6 (especially P5P) and Vitamin E
Hormones: Progesterone, DHT (not sure about this one), T3
Pharmaceuticals: Dopamine agonists, aromatase inhibitors

The first category is by far the safest, so start there. Abstaining from ejaculating (too much) if you are a male also helps.

I would drop the desiccated liver.

Danny Roddy specifically asked Dr. Peat about desiccated liver–the conclusion was negative.

ursidae

I have high prolactin and they found an adenoma on my pituitary. Perhaps get that checked if you can

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Everyone,

First time poster here. I just got a blood test back with a proclatin level of 11.5 ng/mL. Any suggestions on what I can to do try and lower it?

I started eating a peatish diet about two months ago (dairy, ruminants and fruit) and take NDT Thyroid, Aspirin, Vitamin D, Vitamin K (MK7), desiccated liver daily, and Pregnenolone three times a week. I have had a chronically low temperature but now get it up to the 98.x range (with HR around 70) after breakfast - so that's progress.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Dopamine is the main prolactin antagonist, so getting that up will help a lot. Sunlight, enough dietary protein, carbs, B vitamins, etc, will help to increase dopamine.
Serotonin can increase prolactin so lowering serotonin can be helpful. Activated charcoal is great at lowering gut serotonin.

mrchibbs

Zinc plays a big role as well, there are several pubmed studies highlighting the relationship between zinc and PRL levels. Oysters are obviously a great choice here.

Mr Joe

Supplements: Vitamin B6 (especially P5P) and Vitamin E
Hormones: Progesterone, DHT (not sure about this one), T3
Pharmaceuticals: Dopamine agonists, aromatase inhibitors

The first category is by far the safest, so start there. Abstaining from ejaculating (too much) if you are a male also helps.

Good point, actually i found that no ejaculation at all (kind of nofap challenge) facilitate the "increase of dopamine". Maybe getting excited more easily so increase motivation (and thus dopamine). Bromocriptine is quite safe as dopamine agonist. Cyproheptadine and Methylene blue have also some mysterious ways to reduce prolactin. So just found what suits you !

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you know if it actually binds to serotonin itself or just the irritants that promote its synthesis?
AC has a negative charge and binds positive charged toxins. Serotonin has a positive charge.

OP
H

Hear2Learn

Thanks all for the great tips. In an attempt to not change too many variables at once, I'm going to start with Vitamin E supplementation.

Momado965

Does NDT lower prolactin? I know it lowers tsh to o.o1 as this is my experience.

Hgreen56

Dopamine is the main prolactin antagonist, so getting that up will help a lot. Sunlight, enough dietary protein, carbs, B vitamins, etc, will help to increase dopamine.
Serotonin can increase prolactin so lowering serotonin can be helpful. Activated charcoal is great at lowering gut serotonin.
you say carbs but was it not only fructose that increase dopamine?