I don't take magnesium supplement yet my blood work show high magnesium levels

How can I lower it?

Thanks so much

OP
Elize

Elize

Would Diatomaceous earth work? Thanks so much

Mito

Hemolysis can falsely elevate serum magnesium because red blood cells contain more magnesium than serum. If it’s truly hyper-magnesia usually it’s a sign of poor kidney function.

OP
Elize

Elize

Which form of calcium would be best to get? Thanks

PurpleHeart

High potassium and/or magnesium results is more likely than not just cells breaking and leaking minerals in the sample, you need to rerun the test to be sure.

OP
Elize

Elize

Potassium and calcium was normal.. D 26 low, magnesium 2.4

yerrag

What are the values?

If you tell us what you determine to be high or low, and your determination is faulty, what good is the information you're giving us?

And how can you be helped?

OP
Elize

Elize

Magnesium 2.4 range 1.6 - 2.3
Vitamin D 26.2 range. 30-100
Potassium 4.5 range 3.5--5.2
Calcium 9.4 range 8.7-10.3

yerrag

Have you checked if you have metabolic acidosis? If it has been going on for some time, the acidic state could have worsened to a point where the H+ ions in the blood/ecf has to be exchanged with the K+ ions inside cells, in order the make the ecf/blood less acidic. This situation would make your serum potassium high. Since your ecf is stil acidic, the kidneys will try to excrete acids, but since there isn't H+ available to excrete, K+ (potassium) will be excreted instead with phosphate. So, instead of having acidic urine (which is usually the case when acidic), you will have urine that is more allkaline than what is normal because instead of excreting ammonium lactate/choloride/sulfate (ammonium is NH3 + H+, as HCl, for example, is too acidic), potassium phosphate is excreted.

If this situation continues, potassium will begin to become exhausted and potassium will become unavailable for excretion. Magnesium will then be exchanged for H+ this time, as more H+ gets into the cell, and magnesium going into the ecf/blood makes your serum magnesium go high. Note that potassium is at 4.5 (which is at the high end of range, as per functional medicine, not the range used by conventional doctors). It may have been at a higher range before the excretion of potassium in urine has made in come to the current value.

To confirm this, you need to check your ecf pH. A breath rate lower than 14 bpm is alkaline, and higher than 14 is acidic. Once confirmed to be very acidic (the farther away from 14, the more acidic), you will have to test your urine pH. If it isn't acidic, then the above described condition applies. If the saliva pH is more acidic than the urine pH, it will even further signal that your metabolic acidosis is even worse.

For more on this, you can read the articles on biological terrain, and metabolic acidosis in www.biomedx.com. I base my analysis on their ideas. I think they make a lot of sense.

yerrag

You're welcome!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals