How to lower cortisol without side-effects?

AlisonG

I've been taking 1mg Cypro for 9 days and am up four pounds (Probably mostly water-weight, but still...)
What's your favorite supplement for reducing cortisol that doesn't cause weight gain, serotonin or estrogen increase?

Demyze

Mirtazapine is absolutley horrible, its a way shittier cyproheptadine

@AlisonG I get pretty good effects from niacinamide, tastes horrible though. I have to take it like a shot and have a chaser. Aspririn is really good too. I get better effects from those two simple things than almost every other supplement
Aspirin (salicylic Acid) Inhibits Cortisol Synthesis

OccamzRazer

I've been taking 1mg Cypro for 9 days and am up four pounds (Probably mostly water-weight, but still...)
What's your favorite supplement for reducing cortisol that doesn't cause weight gain, serotonin or estrogen increase?
Stop caring about stuff, throw out your phone and watch, live in the timeless great beyond.

VitoScaletta

@AlisonG I get pretty good effects from niacinamide, tastes horrible though. I have to take it like a shot and have a chaser. Aspririn is really good too. I get better effects from those two simple things than almost every other supplement
it works really well for some people. why is it bad?

ive also read that cyproheptadine can't really be used in place of it, at least for sleep (if i remember correctly)

Inaut

Grounding apparently normalizes cortisol over time.

I'd have a read of @Amarsh213 posts about acidifying diets upregulating cortisol. I'm into my second week of trying to balance my diet with more bases and I certainly feel different. More energy, less lethargic, more sort of robust. However, but soon to say whether this is lower cortisol! It might even be the opposite, haha! But my initial experience seems positive.

Inaut

I'd like to know more about this. do you know where i can read on this by chance? thnx

OP
A

AlisonG

Thanks for all the suggestions! All are actually part of my routine except the grounding, and the Mirtazapine. Due to my constant companion, "palpitations", I have immediate feedback on what works and the Cypro definitely worked! The fatigue side-effect wasn't fun, but the weight gain thing was just too much.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I have just taken my first dose of Pregenolone.

I disagree that it is "horrible"

It is great for getting a good night's sleep and lowers cortisol pretty well the only thing is it will lead to weight gain...

Tongkat Ali lowers cortisol

Inaut

Bare feet in grass is the cheapest, most effective thing I’ve found to lower cortisol. I wish I didn’t live in a concrete jungle....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals