How to lower ACTH and HPA AXIS(Cushings disease)

Barbarossa

Hey guys,

I have High ACTH LEVELS(sometimes I get high cortisol levels too) for over 7 years now. Two doctors confirmed a micro Adenoma on the right side of the pituitary gland. My health situation is worsening from year to year.

I take thyroid, Cyproheptadine(i know it can treat Cushings disease), LORAZEPAM (high anxiety impending doom situations) it brings my Acth down I can feel it very well, propranolol against high heart rate.

What can I take to bring down ACTH for longterm ?

tastyfood

Hey guys,

I have High ACTH LEVELS(sometimes I get high cortisol levels too) for over 7 years now. Two doctors confirmed a micro Adenoma on the right side of the pituitary gland. My health situation is worsening from year to year.

I take thyroid, Cyproheptadine(i know it can treat Cushings disease), LORAZEPAM (high anxiety impending doom situations) it brings my Acth down I can feel it very well, propranolol against high heart rate.

Did you get an MRI to confirm the adenoma?

How high is your ACTH if you don't mind me asking? Mine is always over the range. Once, it was 99!

How's your cortisol, prolactin, LH, FSH?

Note from another thread in the forum:

Magnesium, vitamin B1, Pyrucet, aspirin, progesterone and niacinamide
Pregnenolone is known to lower the release of ACTH

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey guys,

Anabolic/androgenic steroids are known to suppress the adrenals and the pituitary. So, if the situation becomes out of control then I'd ask the doctor about it (if you are a male). Cyproheptadine, when taken for a prolonged period of time, should be able to actually cure it and make the adenoma disappear. It may reappear if you are under stress, but then you can start using it again and for many people eventually the adenoma disappears for good. That's why cyproheptadine is the main drug used to cure Cushing syndrome/disease in race-horses, who often get it due to the extreme stress from racing. The first study below claims that another anti-serotonin called pergolide worked better than cyproheptadine, but when used by itself it is not very safe due to risk if fibrosis and if used then it may be a good idea to combine with cyproheptadine as the latter protects from the fibrotic risks of the former.

Jessie

Have you tried progesterone? Progesterone mixed with a little DHEA seems to be the most effective anti-cortisol treatment for me.

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Anabolic/androgenic steroids are known to suppress the adrenals and the pituitary. So, if the situation becomes out of control then I'd ask the doctor about it (if you are a male). Cyproheptadine, when taken for a prolonged period of time, should be able to actually cure it and make the adenoma disappear. It may reappear if you are under stress, but then you can start using it again and for many people eventually the adenoma disappears for good. That's why cyproheptadine is the main drug used to cure Cushing syndrome/disease in race-horses, who often get it due to the extreme stress from racing. The first study below claims that another anti-serotonin called pergolide worked better than cyproheptadine, but when used by itself it is not very safe due to risk if fibrosis and if used then it may be a good idea to combine with cyproheptadine as the latter protects from the fibrotic risks of the former.
Thank you Haidut!
I am male 29 years old ,86 kg , 174 cm big. How much Cyproheptadine is safe? Whats best dosage for Cushings Disease ? And how long could I take it to feel better?

I take cypro in 0,5 mg x3 times a day. That’s too low isn’t it?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you Haidut!
I am male 29 years old ,86 kg , 174 cm big. How much Cyproheptadine is safe? Whats best dosage for Cushings Disease ? And how long could I take it to feel better?

I take cypro in 0,5 mg x3 times a day. That’s too low isn’t it?

All of this information can be easily found by Googling around. When you ask somebody such questions, especially about doses and specific diseases, you are asking them to give "unlicensed medical advice".

TammyFR

Hey guys,

Here is some information on Cypro and Cushings

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals