How to limit sugar cravings

PeskyPeater

"Unfortunately the more sugar that an individual consumes, the more Vitamin C is lost. But crucially, sugar causes the release of ADRENALINE and CORTISOL to keep blood sugar stable after insulin does its work."

"This study showed that adrenaline levels doubled after the consumption of a sugary drink"

"So in our discussion let's replace a sugary drink with something seemingly less innocuous, say, a *large* amount of "healthy" vegetables. Even so, the response of the adrenal glands will be the same, just to a lesser degree since blood sugar *will* rise."

"Over time (years or decades), adrenaline & cortisol on account of diet and stress will skew the Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal (HPA) axis to release more and more cortisol. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone and over time its effect can be detrimental:"

"So when a person goes on a carnivore diet they are eliminating the regular release of cortisol and adrenaline from their fight/flight system, greatly reducing the catabolic effects of cortisol and finally not displacing Vitamin C."

"Exacerbation of this skewed skate continues from a consistent lack of Vitamin C, continued stress (magnesium deficiency) and external agitators (sugar, caffeine) resulting in an autoimmune/thyroid will continue to worsen."
silly billy,

you quote stuff but do not provide sources = fail

analysing these qoutes, it is clear those are cherry picked, fails to supports Dr peat's view on the Randle effect and cellular respiration

SamYo123

PeskyPeater

Hi guys,

Is there any supplement that could help with sugar cravings? Maybe brewer's yeast or gynostemma?
I've seen that also alpha lipoic acid could help, but it seems not peaty, since it lowers thyroid.

I know that from a RP's perspective sugar is not bad, but I think that my sweet tooth could become an issue.

Thanks
You don't. Dr Peat said people with low thyroid function crave sugar. The rest is history

Jerkboy

High estrogen gives sugar cravings. I think higher metabolism actually gives sugar cravings more. That's why children love sugar. They burn through fuel fast.

Peat reverses high and low metabolism. High cortisol creates sugar out of muscles. Adrenaline burns fat from the body for energy. In slow metabolism you just get fat and you don't burn fat OR muscle. You don't burn much at all. That is why you have no energy.

Yes if you have a normal/fast metabolism and you don't eat you will chronically have high cortisol and adrenaline. You will feel like ***t probably. Because you just get bare minimum energy from burning muscle and fats. Then people think they are hypothyroid...

It ain't hard to understand yet this basic concept people don't grasp here. You don't have to do deep research to find this out about the human body.

But if you have artificially high estrogen/too high estrogen then that is a problem. This is often the case in people with low metabolism. Then you need to lower estrogenic load through diet. You will have less sugar cravings then as well.

Also: Low carbers making sugar look like a poison lol. This ***t has been going on for 10+ years now. Ridiculous. It's always the same ***t too. They try SO hard to find things that make their theory work. But the truth is they are very onesided and not people you want to follow if you want what is best for you.

In my opinion Ray Peats advice of: Perceive, Think, Act is good advice. Everybody here should do it. Become more like Peat himself instead of following his advice. Which works for him. But does it work for you? You need to test it out. He tested things out. Literally. Now people follow him like every other Keto guru. You need to become Peat, not follow Peat.

Keto guru's are like herd animals. They stick together and blow smoke in each others asses. Find studies that reinforce their ideas, ignore studies that don't and create a bubble. Sell products to the sheep. Grift their shitty products. Etc. And same thing kinda happens here as well. Haidut sells his hormone products to people who follow Peat like he is a guru.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals