How to limit sugar cravings

faxmulder

Hi guys,

Is there any supplement that could help with sugar cravings? Maybe brewer's yeast or gynostemma?
I've seen that also alpha lipoic acid could help, but it seems not peaty, since it lowers thyroid.

I know that from a RP's perspective sugar is not bad, but I think that my sweet tooth could become an issue.

Thanks

Phosphor

Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. Just stop eating it and the craving will eventually go away. When dealing with an addiction, you must forever abstain from the substance you are addicted to.

Jonk

Hi guys,

Is there any supplement that could help with sugar cravings? Maybe brewer's yeast or gynostemma?
I've seen that also alpha lipoic acid could help, but it seems not peaty, since it lowers thyroid.

I know that from a RP's perspective sugar is not bad, but I think that my sweet tooth could become an issue.

Thanks
Do you mind me asking why you wouldn't want to just eat sugary foods instead?

Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. Just stop eating it and the craving will eventually go away. When dealing with an addiction, you must forever abstain from the substance you are addicted to.
What are you doing on this forum. We are pro sugar.

Jonk

I know that sugar isn't bad, but simply, too much of a good thing isn't a good thing.
Okay yeah sure. Other than more sugar I would maybe track my nutrients in chronometer for a week or two and look out for any nutrients missing in the diet and correct that. But the framework on this forum usually is to correct the metabolism of sugar rather than suppressing the craving for it. Sorry if I'm too insistant

OP
F

faxmulder

Okay yeah sure. Other than more sugar I would maybe track my nutrients in chronometer for a week or two and look out for any nutrients missing in the diet and correct that. But the framework on this forum usually is to correct the metabolism of sugar rather than suppressing the craving for it. Sorry if I'm too insistant
No problem man. Actually I've posted for having your feedback guys. Thanks

Dave Clark

Curious if you crave 'sugar', or just 'something sweet' ? If just 'something sweet', there are plenty of good sugar substitutes to use, everything from monk fruit extract, stevia, erythritol, xylitol, allulose, etc. I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying sweet, salty, savory, etc., and there are many ways to do so in each category, but of course finding the healthiest forms. And, like you said, it is not good to over-amp on anything. We are pro-sugar, but there is a limit to it, just like anything. Try these sweeteners to back off of the sugar load, just don't use the commercial artificial sweeteners that are know to cause health problems.

OP
F

faxmulder

Curious if you crave 'sugar', or just 'something sweet' ? If just 'something sweet', there are plenty of good sugar substitutes to use, everything from monk fruit extract, stevia, erythritol, xylitol, allulose, etc. I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying sweet, salty, savory, etc., and there are many ways to do so in each category, but of course finding the healthiest forms. And, like you said, it is not good to over-amp on anything. We are pro-sugar, but there is a limit to it, just like anything. Try these sweeteners to back off of the sugar load, just don't use the commercial artificial sweeteners that are know to cause health problems.
Yeah actually I think I'm craving something sweet. Is sucralose bad, isn't it?

Dave Clark

Yeah actually I think I'm craving something sweet. Is sucralose bad, isn't it?
From all that I read, something about it being chlorinated sugar to start with, and then other things that a bad in the gut. Stick with the other options I mentioned.

actknow

At least for me, if I eat only "sugary" food recommended by Peat: orange juice, coffee+sugar+milk, fruit, ice cream, I don't feel much urge to eat other sweet food.

TheCalciumCad

'Sugar cravings' is a sign of adrenal stress and need for Vitamin C which the adrenals dump under stress and we get vitamin C from citrus fruits....so just eat fruit. White sugar displaces vitamin C and sugar substitutes are a disaster for health. Specific cravings like chocolate could be something else besides sugar as they have other minerals in them but best to get sugar from fruit almost exclusively.

View: https://twitter.com/Beteljuice/status/1287058089607196672

SamYo123

'Sugar cravings' is a sign of adrenal stress and need for Vitamin C which the adrenals dump under stress and we get vitamin C from citrus fruits....so just eat fruit. White sugar displaces vitamin C and sugar substitutes are a disaster for health. Specific cravings like chocolate could be something else besides sugar as they have other minerals in them but best to get sugar from fruit almost exclusively.

So peat wrong about white sugar and caffeine?

How comes durianrider gets away with 300-400g of white sugar per day? Does consume alot of fruit to...

SamYo123

"Unfortunately the more sugar that an individual consumes, the more Vitamin C is lost. But crucially, sugar causes the release of ADRENALINE and CORTISOL to keep blood sugar stable after insulin does its work."

"This study showed that adrenaline levels doubled after the consumption of a sugary drink"

"So in our discussion let's replace a sugary drink with something seemingly less innocuous, say, a *large* amount of "healthy" vegetables. Even so, the response of the adrenal glands will be the same, just to a lesser degree since blood sugar *will* rise."

"Over time (years or decades), adrenaline & cortisol on account of diet and stress will skew the Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal (HPA) axis to release more and more cortisol. Cortisol is a catabolic hormone and over time its effect can be detrimental:"

"So when a person goes on a carnivore diet they are eliminating the regular release of cortisol and adrenaline from their fight/flight system, greatly reducing the catabolic effects of cortisol and finally not displacing Vitamin C."

"Exacerbation of this skewed skate continues from a consistent lack of Vitamin C, continued stress (magnesium deficiency) and external agitators (sugar, caffeine) resulting in an autoimmune/thyroid will continue to worsen."

David PS

So peat wrong about white sugar and caffeine?

How comes durianrider gets away with 300-400g of white sugar per day? Does consume alot of fruit to...
Peat is not wrong!

Durianrider rides his bike most days. He is a competitive rider and burns through his sugar. But he is not doing his body any favors.

cs3000

"Unfortunately the more sugar that an individual consumes, the more Vitamin C is lost. But crucially, sugar causes the release of ADRENALINE and CORTISOL to keep blood sugar stable after insulin does its work."

"This study showed that adrenaline levels doubled after the consumption of a sugary drink"

far as cortisol goes idk about acute response but there's this study showing high sucrose in diet lowers cortisol spikes to stress
https://www.researchgate.net/public...Habit_to_Break_A_View_From_the_Brain_and_Body

12-day outpatient intervention period during which participants consumed their assigned sweetened beverages providing 0% (aspartame sweetened; n ⫽8) or 25% (sucrose sweetened; n ⫽11) of the energy requirement along with their usual ad libitum diets

The results we present here show that humans’ ingestion of sucrose, but not artificially, sweetened beverages reduced stress induced increases in circulating cortisol

It is more likely that repeating the MIST task led to greater anticipation (higher basal cortisol) and a facilitated stress response (higher peak) and that any such sensitization was blocked in the sugar condition.

The current study used a relatively small sample. However, the consistency of our findings with previous results from rodent studies comparing sugar and nonnutritive sweetener consumption strongly suggests that sucrose consumption may have stress dampening effects in humans.

cortisol sucrose 3x daily.png

Baseline cortisol response initially the same at arrival, & during stressor cortisol response barely goes up & drops quicker in 25% calories sugar over 3x sweetened drinks daily group (drops to baseline where pre-sugar intervention or in sweetener group it's still elevated by the end)

(i wonder if it was acute effect from the previous sugar drink before the stress test at 2pm [idk when they drank it just says with each meal], or if it's something systemic instead regardless of timing?)

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

LMAO

this is a normal property of sugar.

dopamine wanting is a normal behaviour or people and animal.

It is perfectly fine to crave sugar, the body needs it, that's why it is inherently addictive

PeskyPeater

+1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals