How to know if your oysters are contaminated with microplastic or trace metals?

cout12

If you google "oyster pollution" you'll see many claims that oysters are very susceptible to pollution, things like micro plastic, lead, cadmium, chromium.

How do you know if the oysters you're eating are contaminated or not? Does it matter if you eat 0.5 once per day?

Attachments

• oyster pollution.pdf
    894.6 KB · Views: 4

meatbag

If you google "oyster pollution" you'll see many claims that oysters are very susceptible to pollution, things like micro plastic, lead, cadmium, chromium.

How do you know if the oysters you're eating are contaminated or not? Does it matter if you eat 0.5 once per day?
everything in the ocean is contaminated with heavy metals, plastic, and radioactivity

The only food that isn't contaminated is milk

I think that is why Ray Peat recommends only eating shellfish like oysters once a week, that way you can obtain sufficient zinc, copper, and other trace minerals with being over exposed to the contamination.

Missenger

everything in the ocean is contaminated with heavy metals, plastic, and radioactivity

The only food that isn't contaminated is milk

I think that is why Ray Peat recommends only eating shellfish like oysters once a week, that way you can obtain sufficient zinc, copper, and other trace minerals with being over exposed to the contamination.
Before he was saying 2-3 times a week, I guess he's just covering his bases.