How to keep your face relatively lean in a bulk

AndrogenicJB

For some reason whenever i enter a bulk even if its a slight surplus, I tend to wake up the next day with a more moon faced shape but when I eat at maintenance my face is very lean. What factors are at play here?

Charger

Carbs and water/sodium retention or inflammation to name a couple. Possibly elevated hormones due to the surplus? My face has gotten fuller/rounder when on serms, so I could see testosterone itself contributing to it.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Carbs and water/sodium retention or inflammation to name a couple. Possibly elevated hormones due to the surplus? My face has gotten fuller/rounder when on serms, so I could see testosterone itself contributing to it.
I thought salt was highly favored around here? What do you suggest I do, lower my salt intake?

Charger

I thought salt was highly favored around here? What do you suggest I do, lower my salt intake?
Take in enough salt to avoid running on adrenaline, I would never advise cutting salt really low, especially not for the sole purpose of keeping a lean face.

Aesthetics shouldn't really be your concern so much during a bulk. Keep your focus on performance and progress.

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Take in enough salt to avoid running on adrenaline, I would never advise cutting salt really low, especially not for the sole purpose of keeping a lean face.

Aesthetics shouldn't really be your concern so much during a bulk. Keep your focus on performance and progress.
I consume about 4grams of salt a day, too much or too little? Its himalayan salt

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals