How To Interpret This Cortisol Test?

Connor888

I started NDT recently, but didn't feel a whole lot of benefit as of yet. I thought I would do a saliva cortisol test since I've heard high cortisol can reduce t4 to t3 conversion, and these were my results:

4TPhNtH.png

I take 30-60mg of pregnenolone per day. I'm sure not if having high cortisol at just one time of the day is a big deal or not. This is pretty confusing to be honest, not sure where to go from here. Do I just continue NDT and hope it balances out my cortisol levels, or do I start buying supplements that I have no clue will work or not.

JKX

That looks fairly normal to me. It will always be higher in the morning as you've been fasting overnight. I don't think thyroid changes cortisol response over the course of the day, it just lowers the amount required so your body would produce a bit less but the shape of the curve over the course of the day would be similar.

Did you eat between breakfast and lunch? or take some lunch time exercise? That might explain the 12pm reading being a little raised (I wouldn't personally be too worried).

Low in the evening is good.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

That looks fairly normal to me. It will always be higher in the morning as you've been fasting overnight. I don't think thyroid changes cortisol response over the course of the day, it just lowers the amount required so your body would produce a bit less but the shape of the curve over the course of the day would be similar.

Did you eat between breakfast and lunch? or take some lunch time exercise? That might explain the 12pm reading being a little raised (I wouldn't personally be too worried).

Low in the evening is good.

I honestly can't remember. But I had quite a late breakfast (woke at 7, didn't eat till 11 ish). Only thing I think I had was fruit or some milk so maybe that could of been why. Thats a relief to hear. The reason I got this test done was to check my cortisol wasnt affecting the t4 conversion so im glad hopefully this isnt the case. I guess i will continue my pregnenolone if this looks ok

JKX

Preg's very safe and if you feel good on that dose, I'd continue with it.

Just keep an eye on things like sleep, libido, appetite and how you are feeling throughout the day. Dosages may require to be adjusted over time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals