How To Increase Transdermal Absorption Of MCT Oil?

SB4

I have recently had great success in using both oral and transdermal MCT oil to get around my issues with handling glucose. Basically I have CFS/POTS and like many with these conditions, carbs of any kind make my symptoms worse with a linear relationship between carbs eaten and symptom severity.

I hypothesis that MCTs have helped by providing excess acetyl CoA, even in the presence of glucose, regular fats don't do this so much, allowing glucose to avoid PDH, which has been shown to be potentially problematic in ME/CFS.

The problem is, though, when I apply like 4-5 tbsps to my torso, back, arms, and face in the morning, I am still oily come bed time. This dose isn't enough on it's own so I have to ingest orally about 1tbsp x2/day C8 mct oil also. This still isn't quite enough but reduces my symptoms very significantly.

I am already experiencing some gastrointestinal symptoms from this oral dose and do not want to get mct induced allergies from oral consumption either. Any way to increase the transdermal absorption of MCT oil?

@haidut I know you are busy but I would be interested if you came across a way to increase transdermal MCT oil absorption in your reading. Thanks.

Inaut

I asked the question on another thread but will ask it here. I've noticed belly fat has been falling off recently to the point where my 6 pack is showing without training abdominals. Obviously a combination of things (working out, new diet, and supps) but I have also been using heat lamps and cocoa/shea butter on my belly. The amount of time it takes to absorb in my skin is significantly reduced. I think this is a good method to improve transdermal absorption but I'm sure the experts will be able to weigh in.

OP
SB4

SB4

Thanks @Inaut yeah I am considering heat lamps and the like but the problem is my POTS is MASSIVELY triggered by heat. Perhaps if I keep the rest of my body cold and apply the heat to different spots at a time...

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have recently had great success in using both oral and transdermal MCT oil to get around my issues with handling glucose. Basically I have CFS/POTS and like many with these conditions, carbs of any kind make my symptoms worse with a linear relationship between carbs eaten and symptom severity.

I hypothesis that MCTs have helped by providing excess acetyl CoA, even in the presence of glucose, regular fats don't do this so much, allowing glucose to avoid PDH, which has been shown to be potentially problematic in ME/CFS.

The problem is, though, when I apply like 4-5 tbsps to my torso, back, arms, and face in the morning, I am still oily come bed time. This dose isn't enough on it's own so I have to ingest orally about 1tbsp x2/day C8 mct oil also. This still isn't quite enough but reduces my symptoms very significantly.

I am already experiencing some gastrointestinal symptoms from this oral dose and do not want to get mct induced allergies from oral consumption either. Any way to increase the transdermal absorption of MCT oil?

@haidut I know you are busy but I would be interested if you came across a way to increase transdermal MCT oil absorption in your reading. Thanks.

MCT themselves have pretty good absorption and are used as transdermal carrier for that reason. Adding a little olive oil may help as the oleic acid is an even better transdermal enhancer. A ratio of 1:10 oleic:MCT should be good enough to increase absorption.

conrad0602

MCT themselves have pretty good absorption and are used as transdermal carrier for that reason. Adding a little olive oil may help as the oleic acid is an even better transdermal enhancer. A ratio of 1:10 oleic:MCT should be good enough to increase absorption.
I know this is from a while ago but does anyone know what would be an ideal ratio of mct to ethanol for a transdermal carrier? Be great to get your opinion @haidut thanks

youngsinatra

Have you tried high dose thiamine therapy, my friend?

I suffer from CFS (+ IBS, Depression, Dizziness, Vertigo) and lately I‘ve started experimenting with high dose B1 (3 x 500mg per day) and I already feel a great relief of fatigue (-80% I’d say) and my balance problems simply seem gone.
I literally did more activities in one week than I did the 3 months before.

Don‘t want to sound too enthusiastic, but my experience with it is really wild so far.

By the way I already tried lower doses (like 100-250mg) of B1 before that high dose experiment without much effect.

Matestube

Has anyone found that any oil in particular is good for dhea or test base transdermal absorption?
I am more interested in MCT oil as it is very non greasy when applied to the skin. I am planning to make a transdermal solution.

Oleg

Has anyone found that any oil in particular is good for dhea or test base transdermal absorption?
I am more interested in MCT oil as it is very non greasy when applied to the skin. I am planning to make a transdermal solution.
Turning MCT into a lotion is a very good way to get absorbed into skin. There are plenty of emulsifiers you can find online or special stores to make home made lotion. If you want to make 100g of lotion use 5g emulsifier, 20g MCT, 75g water. Everything measured by weight not volume. You can play with it by adding water or fat soluble ingredients. There are videos online how to get it done. A very simple process.