CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

How To Increase Transdermal Absorption Of MCT Oil?

Discussion in 'Skin' started by SB4, Dec 6, 2018.

1. SB4

SB4 Member

I have recently had great success in using both oral and transdermal MCT oil to get around my issues with handling glucose. Basically I have CFS/POTS and like many with these conditions, carbs of any kind make my symptoms worse with a linear relationship between carbs eaten and symptom severity.

I hypothesis that MCTs have helped by providing excess acetyl CoA, even in the presence of glucose, regular fats don't do this so much, allowing glucose to avoid PDH, which has been shown to be potentially problematic in ME/CFS.

The problem is, though, when I apply like 4-5 tbsps to my torso, back, arms, and face in the morning, I am still oily come bed time. This dose isn't enough on it's own so I have to ingest orally about 1tbsp x2/day C8 mct oil also. This still isn't quite enough but reduces my symptoms very significantly.

I am already experiencing some gastrointestinal symptoms from this oral dose and do not want to get mct induced allergies from oral consumption either. Any way to increase the transdermal absorption of MCT oil?

@haidut I know you are busy but I would be interested if you came across a way to increase transdermal MCT oil absorption in your reading. Thanks.

2. Inaut

Inaut Member

I asked the question on another thread but will ask it here. I've noticed belly fat has been falling off recently to the point where my 6 pack is showing without training abdominals. Obviously a combination of things (working out, new diet, and supps) but I have also been using heat lamps and cocoa/shea butter on my belly. The amount of time it takes to absorb in my skin is significantly reduced. I think this is a good method to improve transdermal absorption but I'm sure the experts will be able to weigh in.

3. OP
    SB4

SB4 Member

Thanks @Inaut yeah I am considering heat lamps and the like but the problem is my POTS is MASSIVELY triggered by heat. Perhaps if I keep the rest of my body cold and apply the heat to different spots at a time...

4. haidut

haidut Member

MCT themselves have pretty good absorption and are used as transdermal carrier for that reason. Adding a little olive oil may help as the oleic acid is an even better transdermal enhancer. A ratio of 1:10 oleic:MCT should be good enough to increase absorption.

5. OP
    SB4

SB4 Member