How to Increase SHBG

MattJacko

Hello,

I recently received bloodwork back with a low SHBG of 8.8 nmol/L (normal range is 16.5-55.9)

can someone please explain how to raise SHBG levels?

redsun

Hello,

I recently received bloodwork back with a low SHBG of 8.8 nmol/L (normal range is 16.5-55.9)

can someone please explain how to raise SHBG levels?

I think this is a good article for raising SHBG. As a whole, improving liver health (protein and choline are vital for reducing fat in the liver) and normal thyroid hormone levels, exercise, weight loss (if overweight to reduce fatty liver and improve insulin sensitivity).

What is SHBG? + Symptoms of Low Levels & How to Raise - SelfDecode Labs

OP
M

MattJacko

I think this is a good article for raising SHBG. As a whole, improving liver health (protein and choline are vital for reducing fat in the liver) and normal thyroid hormone levels, exercise, weight loss (if overweight to reduce fatty liver and improve insulin sensitivity).

What is SHBG? + Symptoms of Low Levels & How to Raise - SelfDecode Labs
Thanks for the response! For context, I am a healthy 27 y/o male with an athletic build. My TSH and T4 were both on the lower side at 1.39 and 1.15, so I’m ruling out Hypothyroidism for now (although I know the values could be lower)

scoobydoo

High insulin, and low amounts of exercise

My shbg was 2x when doing low carb or training a lot

Milan555

High insulin, and low amounts of exercise

My shbg was 2x when doing low carb or training a lot
I have the same issue of low SHBG, and low Testosterone. What was your before/after. SHBG once you trained a lot and did low carb?