How To Increase Lung Capacity

shepherdgirl

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has ideas on how to increase lung capacity, which is important for athletics, singing, public speaking, and a lot of other activities.
@ecstatichamster - in your opinion, does the Buteyko method increase lung capacity?
Thanks in advance.

Regina

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has ideas on how to increase lung capacity, which is important for athletics, singing, public speaking, and a lot of other activities.
@ecstatichamster - in your opinion, does the Buteyko method increase lung capacity?
Thanks in advance.
Following.
I'm focusing on this now. I think all of the above will help.

Broken man

Maybe. I just took a 500 mg thiamine capsule. Plus 500 mg inosine. I've got a 6:30 1-1/2hr aikido class this evening.
So, I'll see how I hold up. I'm still having wheezing problems.
It could be that your stress hormones are lowered too much, what about some coffee?

OP
S

shepherdgirl

Well I take some thiamine. Maybe not enough. How much would you recommend? I feel like I can't sing a full phrase without taking an extra breath in the middle. My CP sucks. I think I will revive my Buteyko practice.
Thanks @Broken man , will look at my serotonin too. Hehe, cute video! "Death before decaf"!

What about the "power lung"?

Broken man

Well I take some thiamine. Maybe not enough. How much would you recommend? I feel like I can't sing a full phrase without taking an extra breath in the middle. My CP sucks. I think I will revive my Buteyko practice.
Thanks @Broken man , will look at my serotonin too. Hehe, cute video! "Death before decaf"!

What about the "power lung"?

I can say that combination of caffeine, niacinamide, thiamine, b2 and b6 are helpful for me when I am doing something physically harder but I am using the active versions of all so I dont know how its in your case. Do you have stuffy nose?

LUH 3417

Hi,
Thanks in advance.
Simple Tips for Everyday Lung Health
Some ways to take care of your Lung:

• Let go of things you no longer need and give yourself breathing room! Stimulate your Lung function by throwing out those twenty-year old clothes or notebooks from fifth grade.
  • Bundle up in windy and cold weather, especially your chest and neck. Because part of the Lung’s job is to protect you from pathogens, you can save Lung energy by covering up your skin.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

I can say that combination of caffeine, niacinamide, thiamine, b2 and b6 are helpful for me when I am doing something physically harder but I am using the active versions of all so I dont know how its in your case. Do you have stuffy nose?
I am usually using all of these supps, but probably they are not the active forms. I have not been using b6 every day but maybe will take a small daily amount or some p5p. My nose is not generally stuffy. i have been taping my mouth at night so i ensure breathing thru nose.
Thank you @seraphim - i believe decluttering your environment somehow helps body function too! good ideas!

Regina

Simple Tips for Everyday Lung Health
Some ways to take care of your Lung:

• Let go of things you no longer need and give yourself breathing room! Stimulate your Lung function by throwing out those twenty-year old clothes or notebooks from fifth grade.
  • Bundle up in windy and cold weather, especially your chest and neck. Because part of the Lung’s job is to protect you from pathogens, you can save Lung energy by covering up your skin.
Yes. I think all of the things people are bringing up are valid.
I am bringing my stress hormones very low. It is possible that aikido can not be practiced without elevated stress hormones. Or, at least, the people amped up on de-differentiating agents create an environment requiring everyone to meet their war-like view. Additionally, it's freezing cold in the room. Meh.
I think the chinese medicine thinking that lung issues are associated with grief also stands. I grieve that people interact with each other in this crappy way. I wish it were different.

LUH 3417

I am bringing my stress hormones very low. It is possible that aikido can not be practiced without elevated stress hormones. Or, at least, the people amped up on de-differentiating agents create an environment requiring everyone to meet their war-like view. Additionally, it's freezing cold in the room. Meh.
I think the chinese medicine thinking that lung issues are associated with grief also stands. I grieve that people interact with each other in this crappy way. I wish it were different.
Your wish is valid and I share it with you. I had an episode of wheezing for a month and it hasn’t returned since then (about 3 years). I was severely stressed emotionally. I’m not sure if you like saunas but sometimes they help me breathe deeper. Where I live they have a Korean bath house with these little heating rooms named “jewel, mineral, salt” etc. My favorite is the salt room.

Broken man

If you have courage, try higher dose of b6 with protein meal at morning is best. You will see, b6 is dopamine agonist. There are more options, I dont know if you are exhausted or just dont have enough of sleep. Vitamin D is good too.

Regina

Your wish is valid and I share it with you. I had an episode of wheezing for a month and it hasn’t returned since then (about 3 years). I was severely stressed emotionally. I’m not sure if you like saunas but sometimes they help me breathe deeper. Where I live they have a Korean bath house with these little heating rooms named “jewel, mineral, salt” etc. My favorite is the salt room.
Hmmmm. Salt bath sounds amazing.
I live in the heart of Chicago city. The baths might be a bit sketchy. :think:
I might join a community chorus.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

It is possible that aikido can not be practiced without elevated stress hormones. Or, at least, the people amped up on de-differentiating agents create an environment requiring everyone to meet their war-like view.

"In true budo, there are no enemies. True budo is a function of love. It is not for killing or fighting but to foster all things and bring them to fruition. Love protects and nourishes life. Without love nothing can be accomplished. Aikido is the manifestation of love."
-Morihei Ueshiba, quoted from Abundant Peace: The Biography of Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido by John Stevens, Shambhala, 1987.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

At least in my experience, work, school, and even so-called "recreational activities" are pervaded by a sense of aggression and one-upmanship. It is always about getting ahead and becoming the champion, trampling whoever gets in the way. This attitude has been ingrained in me since childhood, and it has caused me horrible stress, and yes it has probably caused overbreathing. I am inspired by true masters like Mr. Ueshiba who do not allow this poison to influence them.

LUH 3417

At least in my experience, work, school, and even so-called "recreational activities" are pervaded by a sense of aggression and one-upmanship. It is always about getting ahead and becoming the champion, trampling whoever gets in the way. This attitude has been ingrained in me since childhood, and it has caused me horrible stress, and yes it has probably caused overbreathing. I am inspired by true masters like Mr. Ueshiba who do not allow this poison to influence them.
I can relate so much. For me tiny amounts of psilocybin every few days do something to my breathing where I don’t have to try to breathe deeper. I’ve read before that an exhale is not supposed to be forced but rather fluid, meaning the build up in your lungs should expel the exhale without any effort or will of ones own.

LUH 3417

Every time I approach myself as a project I end up destroying myself and having to reverse whatever I am doing to try to pick up the pieces and rebuild what I’ve lost. This pattern is inherent in my biology as my mother was very corrective and punitive with me, as were of course instructors and teachers, from dance to math to soccer. I am stifled by this self inflicted punishment and only feel free when I stop torturing myself in some pursuit of illusive perfection.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals