How to increase libido and erections without testosterone replacement?

slayers

Never stood why this forum is so anti testosterone; yet peat himself recommends testosterone if need be

michael94

Chasingtime said:
post 109320 Thank you for the welcome my friend. What do you guys think of creatine as a steroid alternative? I've heard it has some anabolic benefits....

You really should just get some test e and learn to live with pinning yourself, or get the proviron. Really, if there's another solution from increasing libido for you I would be EXTREMELY surprised given that dhea/pregenelone hasn't worked. I think however if you do take the TRT you should still be taking DHea/pregenelone still maybe haidut can chime in?

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Blossom said:
post 109293 I wonder if you could tolerate a mixture of amino acids (like haidut has written about) with honey or sugar and coconut oil or MCT oil in place of the ensure?

Blossom said:
post 109312
I figured you would need some supplements too. I was sort of just brainstorming ways you could reduce PUFA while still getting adequate nutrition.

This is what I was wondering about too.
I imagine the ensure is just a mixture of largely or fully soluble powders, and that you might be able to get all the useful powders together yourself in appropriate proportions and leave out the PUFAs (and check your iron levels before deciding to stick with the same ratio).
If the list of ingredients is on the packet, what would stop you making up your own? Simple sugars dissolve in water - you could maybe experiment with sucrose, honey, glucose syrup or other completely soluble forms.
Some of the supplemetary vitamins can be just as effective taken transdermally, and several people here chose to do it this way. I guess you've seen Haidut's estroban and energin formulations? They don't cover all needs, but they do cover all the fat-solubles and some of the B's. You can read customer reports in his threads on these. There are other options too. (I have no affiliation with Haidut other than through this forum.)
There are outfits that supply amino acids and minerals in pure form. Some minerals are often diluted because you need so little of them and getting too much is dangerous. So you'd have to check all the ingredients.
Have you seen Dan Wich's toxinless com website?

I don't know whether your system would cope with these, but have you tried well-strained home squeezed orange juice? Broth made from green veges? Both of these are liquid and can supply really useful minerals. Mollasses has some minerals too - may be a bit high in iron for most of us, but if you are needing to get a little iron from a liquid /soluble source it might be an option? I'm guessing that thoroughly pureeeing most food does not make them manageable for you? Eg very finely pureed liver added to vege stock to make a tastier and more nutritious soup?

You can feel like you have plenty of energy while running on stress hormones, but that state doesn't usually go with strong libido. Chronic undereating is one way to set up for chronic stress. I think you probably need more food, but if you eat more ensure, you will be pushing up an already excessive PUFA intake even higher. PUFAs inhibit metabolism in several ways, and so could be contributing to the low-libido issue. I doubt you can solve the issue sustainably with any supplements as long as you keep running an energy deficit - your body is likely to protect you by reducing metabolism one way or another to try to keep it within budget.

If you do decide to experiment with making up your own brew, I'd suggest cautious experimentation at least to begin with. Like adding in half a meal of your own mix on top of the ensure you are already drinking for a few days and watching for any problems. If it goes well, you could increase to a couple of extra meals on top of the usual ensure. After a while, if you are finding it good, you could gradually and observantly replace some of your ensure. If OJ and or green broth agree with you, you could just add them in on top of the rest.

It would be a bit of bother and work, so I'd understand if you didn't feel like taking it on. And we can't guarantee it would work for you. Just condsidering possible options.

OP
C

Chasingtime

slayers said:
post 109599 Never stood why this forum is so anti testosterone; yet peat himself recommends testosterone if need be
I can't tolerate it I'm not against it at all.

OP
C

Chasingtime

tara said:
post 109635
Blossom said:
post 109293 I wonder if you could tolerate a mixture of amino acids (like haidut has written about) with honey or sugar and coconut oil or MCT oil in place of the ensure?

Blossom said:
post 109312
I figured you would need some supplements too. I was sort of just brainstorming ways you could reduce PUFA while still getting adequate nutrition.

This is what I was wondering about too.
I imagine the ensure is just a mixture of largely or fully soluble powders, and that you might be able to get all the useful powders together yourself in appropriate proportions and leave out the PUFAs (and check your iron levels before deciding to stick with the same ratio).
If the list of ingredients is on the packet, what would stop you making up your own? Simple sugars dissolve in water - you could maybe experiment with sucrose, honey, glucose syrup or other completely soluble forms.
Some of the supplemetary vitamins can be just as effective taken transdermally, and several people here chose to do it this way. I guess you've seen Haidut's estroban and energin formulations? They don't cover all needs, but they do cover all the fat-solubles and some of the B's. You can read customer reports in his threads on these. There are other options too. (I have no affiliation with Haidut other than through this forum.)
There are outfits that supply amino acids and minerals in pure form. Some minerals are often diluted because you need so little of them and getting too much is dangerous. So you'd have to check all the ingredients.
Have you seen Dan Wich's toxinless com website?

I don't know whether your system would cope with these, but have you tried well-strained home squeezed orange juice? Broth made from green veges? Both of these are liquid and can supply really useful minerals. Mollasses has some minerals too - may be a bit high in iron for most of us, but if you are needing to get a little iron from a liquid /soluble source it might be an option? I'm guessing that thoroughly pureeeing most food does not make them manageable for you? Eg very finely pureed liver added to vege stock to make a tastier and more nutritious soup?

You can feel like you have plenty of energy while running on stress hormones, but that state doesn't usually go with strong libido. Chronic undereating is one way to set up for chronic stress. I think you probably need more food, but if you eat more ensure, you will be pushing up an already excessive PUFA intake even higher. PUFAs inhibit metabolism in several ways, and so could be contributing to the low-libido issue. I doubt you can solve the issue sustainably with any supplements as long as you keep running an energy deficit - your body is likely to protect you by reducing metabolism one way or another to try to keep it within budget.

If you do decide to experiment with making up your own brew, I'd suggest cautious experimentation at least to begin with. Like adding in half a meal of your own mix on top of the ensure you are already drinking for a few days and watching for any problems. If it goes well, you could increase to a couple of extra meals on top of the usual ensure. After a while, if you are finding it good, you could gradually and observantly replace some of your ensure. If OJ and or green broth agree with you, you could just add them in on top of the rest.

It would be a bit of bother and work, so I'd understand if you didn't feel like taking it on. And we can't guarantee it would work for you. Just condsidering possible options.
I've been trying alternatives for 3 years and all I get is intolerable misery in the bathroom so I go back to the only thing that works.

OP
C

Chasingtime

I really do feel great except no libido or erections. Unfortunately pregnenolone gives me the same unbearable headaches as all the testosterone I've tried. Any thoughts on my above question regarding creatine as a stand alone alternative to test?

tara

Chasingtime said:
post 109816 I've been trying alternatives for 3 years and all I get is intolerable misery in the bathroom so I go back to the only thing that works.

I'm sorry it's caused you so much misery.
Does that mean you have tried your own mix of soluble powders, and found it to be much harder on you than your regular fare? Even if it consisted of only ingredients that are also in the Ensure?

It's not that I think you have to try this if you don't want to. It's just that I can't see how anything else can work while you are undereating and I'm concerned about the PUFA in your current mix.

michael94

Chasingtime said:
post 109812
slayers said:
post 109599 Never stood why this forum is so anti testosterone; yet peat himself recommends testosterone if need be

Can you be more specific on not tolerating it? If you are aromatizing heavily, proviron doesnt aromatize. It's like just dht or something? Cant vouch for it personally because Ive never used but I think it's worth looking into heavily. Or you could try the topical dht stuff?

OP
C

Chasingtime

icecreamlover said:
post 109897
Chasingtime said:
post 109812
slayers said:

Can you be more specific on not tolerating it? If you are aromatizing heavily, proviron doesnt aromatize. It's like just dht or something? Cant vouch for it personally because Ive never used but I think it's worth looking into heavily. Or you could try the topical dht stuff?
Yes it gives me massive headaches. I been asking all along. What about creatine which is said to covert to pure dht?

beachbum

Hi Chasingtime,

I just wanted to throw my 2cents in. Im a female with high testosterone/dht. I have been finding ways to decrease what you want to increase and this is what I found. DIM is an anti estrogen and anti androgen. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12665522

I stopped taking vitamin d because I found out it increases testosterone suppresses progesterone and estrogen and lowers SHBG. Magnesium increases testosterone. Vitamin e suppose to be an aromatase inhibitor I could be wrong. When I use vit d and mag I get worse symptoms and my androgens increase in my body. I haven't tried the vit e yet but only read about it. The more I think about it it my not be a good idea to stop the conversion of aromatase for myself but my be good for you because in my thinking is that it would leave me with more DHT hence good for you, but I was thinking but not sure if I am correct if increasing SHBG would decrease testosterone. If im correct maybe decrease SHBG for yourself. Im not positive still trying to understand how things work but I think more of a vegetable/fruit type diet increases SHBG and fat, protein/sugar decrease. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to know from the science minded people out there if this would work. So in a nutshell Chasingtime is trying to suppress estrogen and I am trying to suppress testosterone and estrogen. Im trying to do this until I get my progesterone / estrogen ratio fixed.

Okay im done rambling.

God bless
Susan

OP
C

Chasingtime

I have tried dim with my dhea and got no where. Creatine is said to increase dht and not require dim but still nothing. I'm wondering if pregenolone might get things in order but 90mgs a day gave awful headaches. I might reduce to 30 a day and see what's up. I fear my dht/estrogens are unbalanced causing low libido. I may be driving my estrogen too low. Any thoughts?

BingDing

OP, getting thyroid into the highest range is what I would say. Thyroid and sucrose are the essence of life. Literally. Armour works best for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals