How to increase brain processing speed and iq

ALS

I would argue that the social-intellectual gap that renders high IQ people unable to meaningfully connect with vast majority of the masses is behind the increased suicide rate. A mere two SD of difference between two people is enough to prevent them from bonding with each other due to the colossal difference in how they process the surrounding reality. This means that if your IQ is above 130, less than 2% of the population can potentially become a good friend to you (and that is not counting all the other factors that may prevent the friendship).

There is nothing to intelligence per se that should lead you to feel meaningless, purposeless or hopeless, beyond to which exercising your ability to deconstruct externally imposed values, meaning and traditions can lead. Yet anyone who is able to deconstruct external meaning is also fully capable of constructing personal meaning. As such, the intelligent person could be subject to such despair only as a result of ill health, stubbornness or laziness.
I joined Mensa at 15 (the bar was >148). While it doesn't mean I know everything, I have been a fast learner on some things that I have ABILITIES for (different from IQ and can be tested here jocrf.org). I am not good at science / mechanics and am more of an abstract thinker. I've been able to get along with most people. You can find common ground with anyone, as long as you're sociable and open. People prone to suicide are more than likely addicts, esp. alcohol as it is a depressant (preventragedy.com). It is not characteristic of the so called high IQ group.

TheSir

I joined Mensa at 15 (the bar was >148). While it doesn't mean I know everything, I have been a fast learner on some things that I have ABILITIES for (different from IQ and can be tested here jocrf.org). I am not good at science / mechanics and am more of an abstract thinker. I've been able to get along with most people. You can find common ground with anyone, as long as you're sociable and open. People prone to suicide are more than likely addicts, esp. alcohol as it is a depressant (preventragedy.com). It is not characteristic of the so called high IQ group.
Getting along and finding common ground is one thing. The typical experience of a well-adjusted individual regardless of their level of intelligence is that they get along with everybody. Let me ask you a couple of questions: how many people intellectually stimulate you? How many can follow you when you're talking about something that interests you, at a level that feels natural to you? Are there many to whom you don't have to dumb yourself? Are there many you don't only tolerate, but enjoy listening to?

I would estimate that I'm at your level of intelligence (or at least share your nature as an abstract non-linear thinker in case I'm not). I have one real-life friend with whom I can have a discussion in which neither one will have to dumb themselves down. I can't do this with any other friend, relative or acquaintance of mine. The only other such people I encounter are internet strangers from different countries (it seems that most of our kind practically live on the internet which, though being understandable, is ultimately a huge shame). I will be surprised if your experience does not mirror mine.

jet9

This reminds me of a story my old man told me. My old man started karate training at 14, and it became a lifestyle thing for him. He still trains karate at 60 years old. A few years back he met a young guy in his 20's, who got to the same black belt level as my dad, in 3 years, what took my dad over 20 years to achieve.

That young man was a genius in karate compared to my dad, but got bored and completely quit after 5 years of training. My dad is still going strong with karate, there's always more to learn even for the guys near the top who are incredibly experienced. Dad's a genius in his own right with math and economics, having been on the front cover of a couple Western Australian economics magazines among WA's top financial advisers over the years. Got straight A's in university and didn't study at all, one of those guys.

Moral of my dads story was the ones who learn faster, may get bored faster. And the more time you invest in something, the more likely you will stick with it. Martial arts is something you have to train to maintain, if you fully quit and get in a fight 5 years later, you'll be just as rusty as anyone else. My old man said that young guy had issues with depression too, even when he was training.

So it's not necessarily better to be a genius or quick learner, Even those guys have their own issues to deal with. It is also likely a generational thing too. Older generations had a much higher percentage of harder workers, less lazy etc.

I've noticed It's getting terribly bad with the new generations of young kids entering the work force now. Less motivation, more mistakes, they lose focus etc. Thank you parents who raised their kids with tablets and smart phones.
Persistence › talent

Some (most) of the most successful people are simply most hardworking once.

Wolf

Depends on the nature of the work you do.
Travis had some great things to say about dopamine vs serotonin as it applies to something like engineering calculations vs abstractions in engineering. At the end of the day you’re still metabolically bound, but depending on what’s in the “pot” you may find yourself better or worse in different domains.