How to increase brain processing speed and iq

drop67

Can taking metabolism boosters such as t3 increase brain processing speed or how quickly you can process information in an accurate manner.

Are there any other ways people have tried that have worked

OP
D

drop67

What about amphetamines don’t they increase metabolism as well and increase concentration but I don’t know if it increases processing speed that well tho

Beastmode

Can taking metabolism boosters such as t3 increase brain processing speed or how quickly you can process information in an accurate manner.

Being more metabolic efficient can definitely help the process.

I think people jump to stimulants way too fast before sorting out their own system to see what's actually available first.

A few things that have helped me personally and are impactful on one another:
1) Sorting out my system (i.e- improving thyroid function, vitamin d, etc.)
2) Deep sleep. For me it's been going to bed earlier and sticking to it. #gamechanger
3) Neurofeedback. It's not only effective, but it's also quantifiable with a good practitioner. It's an investment, but one of the best I've done besides #1 and #2.
4) Meditation. Without the woo woo, you basically have 2 types: 1) focus (i.e- on breath, or visually on something, etc.) 2) Open awareness (i.e- don't focus on anything and notice everything like sensations, sounds, sights if eyes are open, etc) You can do both for 5 min per day and the changes will be noticeable after a few weeks or so.
5) Movement. Don't confuse it with exercise as most resort to specific "movement" patterns that have constraints (i.e- squat, push up.) Think more 3 dimensionally like a child at a playground (i.e- running, jumping, crawling, hanging, swinging, rolling, etc.) Improvised dancing is another one (i.e- 5 rhythm dance.)
6) Do emotional work as you never realize how "busy" your system is with stress because we're stuck in psychological time (i.e- the past and future.) Many ways to go about this, but having someone you can talk with who doesn't judge you so you can be totally open and honest can go along way. Also, it builds your own skill of "listening" vs rumination in which we can get stuck. When you're free from your past, you have way more available in the present (i.e- processing speed.)

I'm sure there's more, but the combo of them has changed my life. All the proper "fuel" in the world (#1) still needs a system to be activated properly (#3-6.) #2 is pretty obvious of course :)

Hope that serves anyone who

Tenglish

#drop67 - I think you are on the right track. We need the sugar calories and cofactors to support the t3 or amphetamine if we go either route. I'm trying to more deeply investigate this same topic. Increasing carbon dioxide is highly related to increased intelligence through both oxygen delivery and vasodilation and blood delivery. Increased dopamine is critical to pattern recognition, and simply not have the stress response on from other stressors like gut inflammation are also critical.

Psychedelics as temporarily increasing intelligence:

Increases in blood flow from hypercapnia:

Tenglish

Being more metabolic efficient can definitely help the process.

I think people jump to stimulants way too fast before sorting out their own system to see what's actually available first.

A few things that have helped me personally and are impactful on one another:
1) Sorting out my system (i.e- improving thyroid function, vitamin d, etc.)
2) Deep sleep. For me it's been going to bed earlier and sticking to it. #gamechanger
3) Neurofeedback. It's not only effective, but it's also quantifiable with a good practitioner. It's an investment, but one of the best I've done besides #1 and #2.
4) Meditation. Without the woo woo, you basically have 2 types: 1) focus (i.e- on breath, or visually on something, etc.) 2) Open awareness (i.e- don't focus on anything and notice everything like sensations, sounds, sights if eyes are open, etc) You can do both for 5 min per day and the changes will be noticeable after a few weeks or so.
5) Movement. Don't confuse it with exercise as most resort to specific "movement" patterns that have constraints (i.e- squat, push up.) Think more 3 dimensionally like a child at a playground (i.e- running, jumping, crawling, hanging, swinging, rolling, etc.) Improvised dancing is another one (i.e- 5 rhythm dance.)
6) Do emotional work as you never realize how "busy" your system is with stress because we're stuck in psychological time (i.e- the past and future.) Many ways to go about this, but having someone you can talk with who doesn't judge you so you can be totally open and honest can go along way. Also, it builds your own skill of "listening" vs rumination in which we can get stuck. When you're free from your past, you have way more available in the present (i.e- processing speed.)

I'm sure there's more, but the combo of them has changed my life. All the proper "fuel" in the world (#1) still needs a system to be activated properly (#3-6.) #2 is pretty obvious of course :)

Hope that serves anyone who
This is great! Can you better describe your neurofeedback experience and how not to waste time or money in the domain. I had one session and it felt like the practitioner was more convinced of the effects than me.

Beastmode

This is great! Can you better describe your neurofeedback experience and how not to waste time or money in the domain. I had one session and it felt like the practitioner was more convinced of the effects than me.

First is which neurofeedback system is being used. Are you actually getting a QEEG or one of the cut and paste systems that somehow quantify where you are and what you need. If it was done at a chiropractor's office or a unit you rented, it's not the neurofeedback I'm referring too.

If you expect to see a difference after one session and/or a practitioner claims that it will happen, it's not true neurofeedback.

Pedigree

What about amphetamines don’t they increase metabolism as well and increase concentration but I don’t know if it increases processing speed that well tho
bump for this question pls, I imagine if the increased energy requirement on stims was fulfilled then some of the damage could be nullified?

Apple

Why would you want to increase brain processing speed and iq ? ... to become a more effective office slave ?
Or It may become your red pill ... people with high iq have a deeper understanding of true reality , you'll become depressed after realising meaningless of all your actions so far and will loose purporse. People with high IQ like committing suicides.

cupofcoffee

two god tier articles on the topic by @Hans

TheSir

Or It may become your red pill ... people with high iq have a deeper understanding of true reality , you'll become depressed after realising meaningless of all your actions so far and will loose purporse. People with high IQ like committing suicides.
I would argue that the social-intellectual gap that renders high IQ people unable to meaningfully connect with vast majority of the masses is behind the increased suicide rate. A mere two SD of difference between two people is enough to prevent them from bonding with each other due to the colossal difference in how they process the surrounding reality. This means that if your IQ is above 130, less than 2% of the population can potentially become a good friend to you (and that is not counting all the other factors that may prevent the friendship).

There is nothing to intelligence per se that should lead you to feel meaningless, purposeless or hopeless, beyond to which exercising your ability to deconstruct externally imposed values, meaning and traditions can lead. Yet anyone who is able to deconstruct external meaning is also fully capable of constructing personal meaning. As such, the intelligent person could be subject to such despair only as a result of ill health, stubbornness or laziness.

Beastmode

bump for this question pls, I imagine if the increased energy requirement on stims was fulfilled then some of the damage could be nullified?
Sort the damage out and you won't have to cope with stimulants. The older you get, the more what I'm saying will make sense. The younger you start, the better off you'll be for a lifetime.

Not trying to imply you don't understand this, but I think it might be helpful for many who don't and are looking for the next stimulant to get their brain processing faster, etc.

Apple

I would argue that the social-intellectual gap that renders high IQ people unable to meaningfully connect with vast majority of the masses is behind the increased suicide rate. A mere two SD of difference between two people is enough to prevent them from bonding with each other due to the colossal difference in how they process the surrounding reality. This means that if your IQ is above 130, less than 2% of the population can potentially become a good friend to you (and that is not counting all the other factors that may prevent the friendship).

There is nothing to intelligence per se that should lead you to feel meaningless, purposeless or hopeless, beyond to which exercising your ability to deconstruct externally imposed values, meaning and traditions can lead. Yet anyone who is able to deconstruct external meaning is also fully capable of constructing personal meaning. As such, the intelligent person could be subject to such despair only as a result of ill health, stubbornness or laziness.
I agree , high iq is not nessarily a distructive thing , but for some people it is, social interaction can be difficult for some high IQ people.
People like to consider brain as some sort of computer chip , just give it more energy (coffee +milk+sugar) , and your GHz will skyrocket :)

I used to play chess , I was good at it and read some books and memorized tactics to improve my game. But there was a younger less expierenced kid who never read anything about chess. He just could see several moves ahead of me ( or other more expierenced guys ), nobody could win him. He was equally good in card games. He lost interest in playing chess because there was noone to challenge him.

I don't think it has anything to do with a diet or metabolism. Some people's brain is just wired more effectively for certain type of problems.

Last edited:

TheSir

I agree , high iq is not nessarily a distructive thing , but for some people it is, social interaction can be difficult for some high IQ people.
People like to consider brain as some sort of computer chip , just give it more energy (coffee +milk+sugar) , and your GHz will skyrocket :)

I used to play chess , I was good at it and read some books and memorized tactics to improve my game. But there was a younger less expierenced kid who never read anything about chess. He just could see several moves ahead of me ( or other more expierenced guys ), nobody could win him. He was equally good in card games.

I don't think it has anything to do with a diet or metabolism. Some people's brain is just wired more effectively for certain type of problems.
Yeah, that's true. Due to this, the best approach is to simply pursue better health. Then, what ever your level of intelligence is, your brain will be able to express it to its full extent. I think that when our brains are working optimally, we won't feel stupid, no matter what our IQ is. We will feel that we're able to competently deal with the things that interest us, because our level of intelligence will naturally shape our interests so that the two fit each other.

steel_reserve

Don't have any IQ tests to prove it but I _seemed_ to be smarter when I was taking methylene blue. (This is after years of Peatish diet.)

Problems at work just seemed easier.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Don't have any IQ tests to prove it but I _seemed_ to be smarter when I was taking methylene blue. (This is after years of Peatish diet.)

Problems at work just seemed easier.
I believe, from my own experiences, that adequately lowering serotonin, and elevating euphoria, enables a joyous encounter and anticipation of solutions, with what are otherwise problems.

A

Adf

I used to play chess , I was good at it and read some books and memorized tactics to improve my game. But there was a younger less expierenced kid who never read anything about chess. He just could see several moves ahead of me ( or other more expierenced guys ), nobody could win him. He was equally good in card games. He lost interest in playing chess because there was noone to challenge him.

This reminds me of a story my old man told me. My old man started karate training at 14, and it became a lifestyle thing for him. He still trains karate at 60 years old. A few years back he met a young guy in his 20's, who got to the same black belt level as my dad, in 3 years, what took my dad over 20 years to achieve.

That young man was a genius in karate compared to my dad, but got bored and completely quit after 5 years of training. My dad is still going strong with karate, there's always more to learn even for the guys near the top who are incredibly experienced. Dad's a genius in his own right with math and economics, having been on the front cover of a couple Western Australian economics magazines among WA's top financial advisers over the years. Got straight A's in university and didn't study at all, one of those guys.

Moral of my dads story was the ones who learn faster, may get bored faster. And the more time you invest in something, the more likely you will stick with it. Martial arts is something you have to train to maintain, if you fully quit and get in a fight 5 years later, you'll be just as rusty as anyone else. My old man said that young guy had issues with depression too, even when he was training.

So it's not necessarily better to be a genius or quick learner, Even those guys have their own issues to deal with. It is also likely a generational thing too. Older generations had a much higher percentage of harder workers, less lazy etc.

I've noticed It's getting terribly bad with the new generations of young kids entering the work force now. Less motivation, more mistakes, they lose focus etc. Thank you parents who raised their kids with tablets and smart phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals