How To Increase Brain Histamine Level?

RKIII

How much are you taking? I used to do 200mg 2x per day and got headaches. I now dose either 2oomg once or 100mg x2.

Your alternative would be Nuvigil but in my experience the headaches were worse for me on Nuvigil. Plus insurance won't cover.

Why did you start Provigil?

OP
S
How much are you taking? I used to do 200mg 2x per day and got headaches. I now dose either 2oomg once or 100mg x2.

Your alternative would be Nuvigil but in my experience the headaches were worse for me on Nuvigil. Plus insurance won't cover.

Why did you start Provigil?
I can't take Provigil. Because it is a drug. I want to use natural supplements. I can't use Provigil for life.

How about Folic acid? It increases histamine?

Mufasa

How do you know you have low brain histamine levels?

Do you know ray peats view on histamine? I dont take it is good to raise it.

Rand56

H3 antagonists are suppose to raise brain histamine levels.

Area-1255: Natural Herbal Histamine 3 H(3)R Antagonists.

I have taken Kutaj before, both the powder and capsules. It's pretty nasty bitter tasting, but you can still get away cheaper with the powder. I've read that you have to be careful though, it could possibly raise BP.

Amazon.com: Banyan Botanicals Kutaja Powder - Certified Organic, 1/2 Pound - Holarrhena antidysenterica - Supports a healthy GI tract and the proper function of the colon*: Health & Personal Care

RKIII

I think Peat states that histamine acts as an antiestrogen. Provigils effects are limited to the hypothalamus only. So it is different than raising histamine levels in the entire body. In theory anyway...

Diokine

Histamine in the brain is way different than histamine in the body - it is intimately involved in the sleep/wake cycle and whole body energy production. "Low" histamine in the brain is usually caused by HPT-axis dysfunction, circadian rhythm problems, and these can almost always be traced to gut problems and excess serotonin/low dopamine.

OP
S
Histamine in the brain is way different than histamine in the body - it is intimately involved in the sleep/wake cycle and whole body energy production. "Low" histamine in the brain is usually caused by HPT-axis dysfunction, circadian rhythm problems, and these can almost always be traced to gut problems and excess serotonin/low dopamine.
Yes. I have high estrogen. Not too high.

I sleep at 5 AM and wake up 3 PM. But since starting probiotics... after 1 days.. I sleep 2 AM and wake up 1 PM. Like I said, this happened after 1 days.

And like you know, probiotics can raise histamine level.

RKIII

Provigil also acts on a brain chemical called Orexin. Wakefulness and cognitive funciton is thought in part to be regulated by the balance of both. Narcoleptics are thought to have low orgexin levels.

Orexin/Hypocretin and Histamine: Distinct Roles in the Control of Wakefulness Demonstrated Using Knock-Out Mouse Models

I love provigil. Usually if I do not get enough sleep one will help me power through the day.

Am interested to see how fixing gut health will help regulate sleep/wake schedule. Please continue to post your progress.

RKIII

Did you megadose them? It always takes awhile for probiotics to work for me. I do not usually notice anything for a week or two.

OP
S
Did you megadose them? It always takes awhile for probiotics to work for me. I do not usually notice anything for a week or two.
Last month, I took probiotic(10 billion) and it increases histamine which is good for me. Histamine increases motivation. It kicked in 4-5 days after using it.

But now, I take probiotic for a week, it doesn't work. I take 30 billion. I hope it will work.

Mufasa

I have taken modafinil, and probiotics, and it gave me short term relief, but in the end only weakened my body further. Same as ritalin, I dont belief in those chemicals that seem to quickly solve a problem. In my experience this is always the wrong way to go. Stress hormones can give quick relief as well. They probably work better than anything else if you want that.

If you make enermous progress in a day, I think it is by stress pathway. If you make slow progress month by month, you are going in the right direction.

I took stress chemicals like modafinil, ritalin, adderall for 5 years. 5 wasted years, it took me so long to recognize how weakened I was, how much lower my level of thinking had become. how bad my focus had become.

at highschool i was one of the smartest kids, after these 5 years I felt like doing a lot when taking ritalin, but I produced nothing at all

my sleep rythm seemed to get better with modafinil, but never long term

i do now ray peat for a year, my progress was slow, but one year later i regurarly fall asleep before 11 am, and wake up fresh at 7 am

i have a job, i can work 40-50 hours a week without problems, i have the best focus of all my coworkers, i have the energy to party with friends, i have the energy to exercise 6-8 hours a week (yoga, sometimes team sports with friends), i get a lot of attention on the dancefloor, i smile all the time, i feel truly blessed

what im trying to say, dont make the mistakes i made, fixing my metabolism with everything ray peat suggest helped me so much more than modafinil, taking rest, live stress free, pay real attention to your body instead of your screen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals