How to Improve the Immune System?

Kris

most of our health issues come down to immunity. there are white blood cells but 80% of immune cell are actually in our gut. I personally do not have any allergies, but I get occasionally sick, as we all do. my friend has often Harpies outbreak (she inherited it from her birth). so what is the way to make the immune system stronger without all that very suspicious supplements (it is a big business)? good diet, some exercise, having enough rest and being relaxed inside. these are the things that come to my mind. but most of you here are much more knowledgeable, so I would be grateful for any suggestions!

DonLore

Sunlight. High metabolic rate. Things that are anti-viral and bacterial or block angiotensin and/or serotonin are ginger, aspirin, rutin and quercetin (capers have a lot), vitamin C, B1, methylene blue, garlic etc. Baking soda probably too

OP
K

Kris

Sunlight. High metabolic rate. Things that are anti-viral and bacterial or block angiotensin and/or serotonin are ginger, aspirin, rutin and quercetin (capers have a lot), vitamin C, B1, methylene blue, garlic etc. Baking soda probably too

thank you for your response, is is appreciated! I hope I can get this stuff here.

OP
K

Kris

this is all so complicated! i studied a bit quantum physics, but whatever is happening in our body and the science around it, is so much more difficult to understand, and there is a complete absence of 'unified nutrition theory' in the world. this is rather frustrating.

DonLore

Probably not worth it to think of it too deeply. Most important things are to be replete in all nutrients, aka. Vitamins and minerals. Then to get sunlight exposure for D and other immune system benefits. Then to avoid PUFA, grains, refined foods etc. Avoid stress and being indoors too much. Eating thymus could maybe help too? Not enough data on that. Then just add things like cinnamon, ginger, herbs, garlic, chilies, quinine from tonic water, aspirin, whatever to further enhance antibacterial and antiviral activity.

Ben.

Probably not worth it to think of it too deeply. Most important things are to be replete in all nutrients, aka. Vitamins and minerals. Then to get sunlight exposure for D and other immune system benefits. Then to avoid PUFA, grains, refined foods etc. Avoid stress and being indoors too much. Eating thymus could maybe help too? Not enough data on that. Then just add things like cinnamon, ginger, herbs, garlic, chilies, quinine from tonic water, aspirin, whatever to further enhance antibacterial and antiviral activity.

This.

If eating thymus helps then eating pancreas should help too (and other organs, depending on where the issue lies, but all organs are important for ideal immunity/health). The research on peptides is there but it is not realy ... well established... and not entirely conclusive. But considering all the health issues we have ... what realy is?

Perry Staltic

For herpes type stuff (viral) she might want to watch her dietary lysine/arginine ratio, or supplement with lysine.

golder

Does this mean ARB blockers would help improve immune system? Like Lorsartan?

DonLore

Does this mean ARB blockers would help improve immune system? Like Lorsartan?
I think Haidut and others were just talking about Losartan and other ACE2 drugs today or yesterday in a thread Root cause of all inflammation

Perry Staltic

why is it funny? she got first outbreak at the age of 3

Harpies is a funny typo for herpes. A harpy is an ill-tempered, shrewish wpman, a definition based on the Greek mythical half-woman half-bird ill-tempered creature. You inadvertantly came up with a new funny term for PMS - "It's her time of the month again. She's having a harpies outbreak." lol

Last edited:

DonLore

Nice! Can you send a link to the thread

OP
K

Kris

Harpies is a funny typo for herpes. A harpy is an ill-tempered, shrewish wpman, a definition based on the Greek mythical half-woman half-bird ill-tempered creature. You inadvertantly came up with a new funny term for PMS - "It's her time of the month again. She's having a harpies outbreak." lol

oh, sorry. english is my second language. so it is funny after all :)

Sefton10

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals