How To Improve Memory

blueorca

Hi. Im a student currently pursuing A levels and just failed my first year. I just can't remember anything. Does anyone know how to improve my memory. Or what they used or did to ace their academics. Thanks.

Arnold Grape

RP will suggest taking b-1 or thiamine to boost brain function — you are a young person, so I cannot endorse taking hormones, although they will have their advantages. Try improving your metabolism to reduce serotonin by eating easily digestible meals. Maybe try a little aspirin and coffee.

OP
B

blueorca

RP will suggest taking b-1 or thiamine to boost brain function — you are a young person, so I cannot endorse taking hormones, although they will have their advantages. Try improving your metabolism to reduce serotonin by eating easily digestible meals. Maybe try a little aspirin and coffee.
Thank you. How much b1 is needed? Im new to the aspirin, can i take it at any time with or without a meal?

lampofred

What are your pulse and temps? RP says a high pulse (85 BPM) and temperature (98.6) is essential for the brain to get enough blood to function properly. Extra protein and coffee will raise pulse/temps as long as you are eating enough carbs to not provoke a stress response. And B1 will also help but be careful about the quality of the supplement you are buying because a low quality supplement can cause digestive issues.

Arnold Grape

Thank you. How much b1 is needed? Im new to the aspirin, can i take it at any time with or without a meal?
Do not take aspirin on an empty stomach unless you are ingesting a modicum of gelatin because your stomach will get messed up. My recommendation is to take with food and coffee for best effect. If you could imagine yourself as a lightbulb that you are trying to shine bright, eat the foods that produce that effect. (I think that’s what the other guy was saying?)

OP
B

blueorca

What are your pulse and temps? RP says a high pulse (85 BPM) and temperature (98.6) is essential for the brain to get enough blood to function properly. Extra protein and coffee will raise pulse/temps as long as you are eating enough carbs to not provoke a stress response. And B1 will also help but be careful about the quality of the supplement you are buying because a low quality supplement can cause digestive issues.
High pulse. Just checked and got around 90 BPM. I dont have anything to check my temps but my body is pretty warm. A few days before exams a started drinking coffee and did every day since then. I healed my metabolism for the most part but i guess it wasnt good enough to see memory improvement because i did exams around 2 months ago. I also started taking high dose niacinamide and drink redbull a few times a week for taurine, so i would think my metabolism is on the better side. I will try the aspirin and b1 and see how it goes. Thanks for the information.

OP
B

blueorca

Do not take aspirin on an empty stomach unless you are ingesting a modicum of gelatin because your stomach will get messed up. My recommendation is to take with food and coffee for best effect. If you could imagine yourself as a lightbulb that you are trying to shine bright, eat the foods that produce that effect. (I think that’s what the other guy was saying?)
Nice. I just watched a danny roddy video where he dissolved aspirin in water to remove the 'junk' and then added some baking soda. I think ill try his method.

lampofred

Stress hormones can keep metabolism artificially high while interfering with memory. I think if aspirin lowers your pulse/temp, you will know that you were running on stress hormones due to insufficient calories or some other reason.

OP
B

blueorca

Stress hormones can keep metabolism artificially high while interfering with memory. I think if aspirin lowers your pulse/temp, you will know that you were running on stress hormones due to insufficient calories or some other reason.
So aspirin lowers stress hormones?i didnt know this, if its common knowledge my excuse is because im new to the rp forum. But maybe you have a point. I have been suffering from an eating disorder which induced hypothyroidism and telogen effluvium for me hence why i discovered this forum. Makes sense how its all connected.

Satellite

lampofred

So aspirin lowers stress hormones?i didnt know this, if its common knowledge my excuse is because im new to the rp forum. But maybe you have a point. I have been suffering from an eating disorder which induced hypothyroidism and telogen effluvium for me hence why i discovered this forum. Makes sense how its all connected.

Yeah it lowers cortisol. & no worries, none of RP stuff is common knowledge lol.

tara

Hi. Im a student currently pursuing A levels and just failed my first year. I just can't remember anything. Does anyone know how to improve my memory. Or what they used or did to ace their academics. Thanks.
Hi,
How are you doing with basics to care for yourself now?
Eating reasonable amounts of nutritious food daily? I'm not sure how old you are to be doing A levels, but if you are in your late teens, that might mean upward of 3000 - 3500 cals depending on size, activity levels etc.
Are you getting protein, carbs, fruit/roots/vegetables, not too much PUFA oils, foods with calcium, magnesium, potassium, ... all the minerals ad vitamins etc?
Are you regularly getting a good 8ish hours sleep and waking up refreshed? Lack of sleep can seriously mess with ability to concentrate and learn.
Regular sunlight?
Having some fun and time with good people in between study?

OP
B

blueorca

Hi,
How are you doing with basics to care for yourself now?
Eating reasonable amounts of nutritious food daily? I'm not sure how old you are to be doing A levels, but if you are in your late teens, that might mean upward of 3000 - 3500 cals depending on size, activity levels etc.
Are you getting protein, carbs, fruit/roots/vegetables, not too much PUFA oils, foods with calcium, magnesium, potassium, ... all the minerals ad vitamins etc?
Are you regularly getting a good 8ish hours sleep and waking up refreshed? Lack of sleep can seriously mess with ability to concentrate and learn.
Regular sunlight?
Having some fun and time with good people in between study?
Im 18 and yes i have been trying to do that approach. Except i dont eat high calcium foods like milk, i have GERD so i try to stick to easy to digest foods like rice.

tara

Except i dont eat high calcium foods like milk, i have GERD so i try to stick to easy to digest foods like rice.
Peat considers calcium very important, and mainstream suggests about 1300 for someone your age. Whether you have higher requirements while recovering I don't know. In order to make good use of calcium, other nutrients also need to be there, like magnesium, vit D, vit K, etc. Food sources include leafy greens (but it's hard to eat enough greens to get that much calcium). I don't eat milk either (it disagrees with me), so I supplement a bit a bit of calcium.

IVILA

How have you been feeling lately? Do you take the B-complex? How's your carb intake?