How To Improve Heart-function?

broozer

i think a well working heart is a major key to wellbeing ,productivity and sign of health. so how can we improve/heal a non optimally working heart without surgery? which are things to avoid, which are things to do?

i read a study on young egypt males that the ejection fraction (EF) of the left ventricle in general is a good indicator of heart funtion. the average EF of healthy, non exercising males between age 18 and 35 was 68% (+-6%). i figured out mine was quit low with 65% (well trained years back) reaching only 60% now (not exercising). my ultrasounds didnt find any relevant muscle or valve-issues. an insufficient heart has an output of 55% EF or lower.

OP
B

broozer

anyone? sunlight seems a big one. but there should be numerous i feel

Inspired

Well, if you don't have any valve issues or wall thickening etc, then what do you want?

The heart has an amazing ability to remodel itself, and it's constantly doing so.

Markus

Acetyl-L-carnitine, carnosine, creatine, CoQ10, D-ribose, nicotinamide, taurine and PQQ to name a few.

OP
B

broozer

Acetyl-L-carnitine, carnosine, creatine, CoQ10, D-ribose, nicotinamide, taurine and PQQ to name a few.
okay,seems like a lot of new options imma try. a lot of those are in monster-energy drink i binged on but felt no chestpain and really good.
what is with coffeine? is it wise to spread out the say 200mg over the whole day? im afraid a big sinlge dose of caffeine might put too much stress on the heart

Inspired

okay,seems like a lot of new options imma try. a lot of those are in monster-energy drink i binged on but felt no chestpain and really good.
what is with coffeine? is it wise to spread out the say 200mg over the whole day? im afraid a big sinlge dose of caffeine might put too much stress on the heart
Caffiene? I take probably 2,000mg a day. Once you have a tolerance, it's no big deal.

OP
B

broozer

Androsterone, thyroid, vitamin K, inosine.
okay,thyroid might have been an issue during my last echo. because i was like 6 month on 50mcg, and tapered to 25 with symptoms of hypo during examination. the cardiologist also mentioned thyroid is important for heart health and one should not play around with dosages. he also was strictly against testosterone usage.
i used vitamin D daily since 2014 in dosages 1000IU and the last 6 months at 3000IU. is this to high without K2?

aussiebaldguy

im eating beef heart...no science other than...im figuring it should have the right nutrients..apparently hi in CoQ10

as well... one time per week
balanced with bone broth

lampofred

RP says T3, aspirin, sugar are the most beneficial things for the heart. I think coffee too once you build a tolerance to the adrenaline effects

PhillipK

For me, one of the best natural heart remedies is hawthorn. It regulates arrhythmia and strengthens the heart muscle.

I'm looking for cataplasmas (poultices) that can be used externally to restore the heart and the venous system around the heart. Does anyone have experience with this?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Any news about the ejection fraction issue?

JKX

okay,thyroid might have been an issue during my last echo. because i was like 6 month on 50mcg, and tapered to 25 with symptoms of hypo during examination. the cardiologist also mentioned thyroid is important for heart health and one should not play around with dosages. he also was strictly against testosterone usage.
i used vitamin D daily since 2014 in dosages 1000IU and the last 6 months at 3000IU. is this to high without K2?
Sounds like you used T4 only?

Pregnenolone, progesterone and T3 should all benefit the heart. If you dont want to go the hormone route I'd use magnesium.

Jessie

High carb diets, like 70-80% carbohydrate based, is the most easiest and practical thing for supporting or improving heart issues. Adrenaline and free fatty acids are probably the biggest issues for arterial health. Carbs will keep cortisol and adrenaline low while keeping T3 and CO2 high, which is crucial for keeping artery walls relaxed and open.

Avoid most oils (pufa), high fat foods, soy, gums, carrageenan, too much iron, tryptophan, methionine, cysteine, etc.

Keep dietary fat intake between 7-15%, and mostly saturated. Even PUFA on a 10% fat diet would likely cause problems down the line. The esters are too unstable, and getting incorporated into your lipoproteins is very risky business imo.

Also, perhaps just a simple change in your perception when analyzing blood work would help. Instead of focusing on total cholesterol, LDL/HDL, triglycerides, etc. it's probably more important to look at Lp(a), ApoB, CRP, homocysteine, and iron saturation. These latter markers seem to play a much more direct role in determining the state of the heart.

High LDL doesen't tell you much other then you aren't making enough pregnenolone or bile. Low HDL is probably actually good, at least to a certain extent, because elevated HDL is typically a sign of endotxemia. High triglycerides isn't particularly related to the heart, it's more direct connection is to the liver.