How To Improve Heart-function?

Discussion in 'Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure' started by broozer, Aug 7, 2019.

1. broozer

broozer Member

i think a well working heart is a major key to wellbeing ,productivity and sign of health. so how can we improve/heal a non optimally working heart without surgery? which are things to avoid, which are things to do?

i read a study on young egypt males that the ejection fraction (EF) of the left ventricle in general is a good indicator of heart funtion. the average EF of healthy, non exercising males between age 18 and 35 was 68% (+-6%). i figured out mine was quit low with 65% (well trained years back) reaching only 60% now (not exercising). my ultrasounds didnt find any relevant muscle or valve-issues. an insufficient heart has an output of 55% EF or lower.

2. OP
    broozer

broozer Member

anyone? sunlight seems a big one. but there should be numerous i feel

3. Inspired

Inspired Member

Well, if you don't have any valve issues or wall thickening etc, then what do you want?

The heart has an amazing ability to remodel itself, and it's constantly doing so.

4. Markus

Markus Member

Acetyl-L-carnitine, carnosine, creatine, CoQ10, D-ribose, nicotinamide, taurine and PQQ to name a few.

5. OP
    broozer

broozer Member

okay,seems like a lot of new options imma try. a lot of those are in monster-energy drink i binged on but felt no chestpain and really good.
    what is with coffeine? is it wise to spread out the say 200mg over the whole day? im afraid a big sinlge dose of caffeine might put too much stress on the heart

6. Inspired

Inspired Member

Caffiene? I take probably 2,000mg a day. Once you have a tolerance, it's no big deal.

7. Broken man

Broken man Member

Androsterone, thyroid, vitamin K, inosine.

8. OP
    broozer

broozer Member

okay,thyroid might have been an issue during my last echo. because i was like 6 month on 50mcg, and tapered to 25 with symptoms of hypo during examination. the cardiologist also mentioned thyroid is important for heart health and one should not play around with dosages. he also was strictly against testosterone usage.
    i used vitamin D daily since 2014 in dosages 1000IU and the last 6 months at 3000IU. is this to high without K2?

9. aussiebaldguy

aussiebaldguy Member

im eating beef heart...no science other than...im figuring it should have the right nutrients..apparently hi in CoQ10

as well... one time per week
    balanced with bone broth

10. lampofred

lampofred Member

RP says T3, aspirin, sugar are the most beneficial things for the heart. I think coffee too once you build a tolerance to the adrenaline effects