How to improve healing and recovery from surgery & nerve grafting

Philomath

I am having facial surgery next week. Removal of a tumor, existing fat graft, facial nerves and some cheek skin.
They are grafting nerves from my leg into my face, adding a new fat graft for cosmetic reasons, and “replacing” the skin above the old fat graft for safety (they’ll probably use skin from my arm or back)
So my questions are as follows:
1. What foods will be best for healing (presuming I won’t be eating solid foods that easily, I’d
assume broth, milk, eggs and maybe liver?
2. What’s best for getting nerves to graft, attach and function properly. I’m assuming keeping inflammation low but is inflammation a protective measure?
3. How best to minimize fibrosis and scar tissue?
4. Would Internal lidocaine be beneficial at some point??
Thanks in advance

Kram

A nutritious diet is most important but in terms of supplements, RNA/DNA nucleotides (they are naturally found in liver and organ meats) may help and I think they are often given for surgical recovery. BlueBonnet has a decent product or Holistic Health International has a bunch (A Complete List of Nucleotide Blends). You can read more about them here: Chapter 1 | Feel Good Nucleotides

There are also stem cell patches that work by naturally increasing GHK copper peptide which increases stem cell production and copper peptide has all sorts of healing mechanisms, many of these for skin. LifeWave. It's specifically the X39 patch. They supposedly work pretty well and they have a lot of science behind them. A few reviews are here: Lifewave x39 Stem Cell Patch review: Worth The Hype?

Full disclosure, I am just guessing these things would help with healing and they appear to be safe based on what I've read.

Good luck with the surgery.

Last edited:
OP
Philomath

Philomath

Hypermnesia

I am having facial surgery next week. Removal of a tumor, existing fat graft, facial nerves and some cheek skin.
They are grafting nerves from my leg into my face, adding a new fat graft for cosmetic reasons, and “replacing” the skin above the old fat graft for safety (they’ll probably use skin from my arm or back)
1. What foods will be best for healing (presuming I won’t be eating solid foods that easily, I’d
2. What’s best for getting nerves to graft, attach and function properly. I’m assuming keeping inflammation low but is inflammation a protective measure?
Thanks in advance
I think blueberries can be helpful for nerves

there are a few good studies showing T3 plunges during and after surgery and that keeping it higher can help the body heal much more quickly.

Serum reverse T3 increased remarkably 36 h after surgery (P<0·001) and remained significantly higher than the baseline value throughout the study. A relevant finding was that the days of postoperative hospitalization (103 days, meansS.D.) was inversely correlated with the slope of the recovery of T3 concentration (P<0·001) or with the area under the plasma curves of T3 (P=0·024, time range 72–144 h) and the FT3/FT4 ratio (P=0·037, time range 72–144 h) during the post-operative period. Our data suggest a prolonged reduction of T4 to T3 conversion in patients undergoing cardiac surgery and indicate that the recovery period is the most critical in the evaluation of a possibly successful approach for T3 substitutive therapy

Thanks in advance

Here is something to look into more….

“MSM is used as a drug to alleviate pain and improve physical function in osteoarthritis. MSM has anti-cancer activities such as wound healing and contact inhibition, and can inhibit cell migration through the extracellular matrix in various types of cancers.”

“Cocoa can protect nerves from injury and inflammation, protect the skin from oxidative damage from UV radiation in topical preparations, and have beneficial effects on satiety, cognitive function, and mood.”

Healthseeker

Thank you @Kram - I’ve never heard of those nucleopeptides or patches - I will look into those straight away.
@ecstatichamster, this sounds similar to what @haidut posted
Thread 'Restoring Metabolism Prevents / Reverses "permanent" Nerve Damage'
Restoring Metabolism Prevents / Reverses "permanent" Nerve Damage
Yeah copper has to do with angiogenisis which has to do with nerve regeneration. Cancers a catch 22. I assuming you know what angiogenisis is, but did you know that the fine blood vessels are what keeps nerves healthy.

Healthseeker

I think it's going to come down to whether your immune system can catch it more than anything. That's what you need to be asking about

Healthseeker

Just think, in surgery situations they prescribe antibiotics, right? Since, antibiotics slow cell division, you would think wounds would heal slower, but they heal better

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Sorry, I went to Vegas for work this week. I wanted to keep my mind off of what’s coming next week.
@Healthseeker, I suspect angiogenesis is growth with direction and purpose - a normal growth process (but maybe seldom outside of early development) Whereas cancer is uncontrolled growth, hence the typical non-uniform shaped tumor masses.
Beyond providing the essential chemicals… thyroid, CO2, copper, magnesium, etc, I’m not sure you can really manage or create specific angiogenesis.
Yeah copper has to do with angiogenisis which has to do with nerve regeneration. Cancers a catch 22. I assuming you know what angiogenisis is, but did you know that the fine blood vessels are what keeps nerves healthy.

LucyL

Thanks in advance
Vitamin C, Aspirin and Doxy if you can get it. Not a lot of time but keeping your vitamin c levels up (I think it's 3000 mg every 4 hours) and lots of aspirin before hand would be good. Probably stop the aspirin 24-48 hours ahead .

Kram

Vitamin C, Aspirin and Doxy if you can get it. Not a lot of time but keeping your vitamin c levels up (I think it's 3000 mg every 4 hours) and lots of aspirin before hand would be good. Probably stop the aspirin 24-48 hours ahead .
Don't think you want to be taking aspirin before surgery due to bleeding risk.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Or afterwards for awhile….
Yes, they also don’t seem to want me taking niacinamide either. I think due to its vasodialating effects? However, I plan on making sure I get it during recovery.

Yes, they also don’t seem to want me taking niacinamide either. I think due to its vasodialating effects? However, I plan on making sure I get it during recovery.

“Stop taking niacin or niacinamide at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery. Niacin and niacinamide may make allergies worse by increasing histamine. People with low blood pressure should not take niacin or niacinamide because they may cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals