How To Het Higher Waking Temperature?

Razvan

Guys , I have a waking temperature of 96.4. When I eat gets up a little. How do I raise the waking temperature, it’s too low. Should I eat starch or sugar ?

yoshiesque

soon as u wake up drink some fruit juice or fruit.
then eventually have a breakfast that contains at least 30g protein, 20-40g carb and most importantly a good 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of salt.

so for me its:
2 eggs, cup of fruit before the eggs
1 cup of hot milk, mixed with 1 tablespoon gelatin + 1 whole teaspoon of salt (its easier to consume this much salt with the milk)
1 coffee with tablespoon sugar.

the main things here are salt, protein and coffee to increase metabolism.

also remember cortisol is naturally high when waking, hence the lower temps. and as cortisol reduces throughout day ur temps will recover

Cirion

I'm still trying to perfect my waking temp (getting 98.6F), but I can frequently get at least 98F waking up and sometimes I do achieve 98.6F waking but usually only on weekends when I can sleep in (# hrs sleep is a strong factor of waking temps i find)

Half the battle is making sure you maintain 98.6F or higher throughout most/all of your waking hours up to and including going to bed. The other half of the battle is eating enough so that when you're sleeping you maintain glycogen. This is the hardest part though, and can only be achieved consistently once liver health is addressed (which I'm currently trying to do for myself, there's strategies for this that Haidut and others has talked about) since a poor liver can't store enough glycogen/glucose to last the night and thus keep temperatures up. This requires following most of the strategies talked about here, with quality protein, plenty of good sugars and/or starches, salt, and some saturated fats but not PUFA's etc...

When it's really low like in your case it takes some time to coax it up, and when I first started my temps were as low as yours. I found that starting off it was hard to get 98.6F even during the day and that it would frequently drop below 98.6F like literally on a 30-60 minute basis thats how often I had to eat something or have caffeine or jump into a warm shower to keep it up, it was crazy, and it will drive you crazy at first, but you just gotta be persistent, and starting off I don't recommend eating or drinking much cold liquids, as that will make it even harder, other things like keeping house warm and taking warm baths/showers may be helpful as well, maybe going to the sauna, etc...

Peater Pan

soon as u wake up drink some fruit juice or fruit.
then eventually have a breakfast that contains at least 30g protein, 20-40g carb and most importantly a good 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of salt.

so for me its:
2 eggs, cup of fruit before the eggs
1 cup of hot milk, mixed with 1 tablespoon gelatin + 1 whole teaspoon of salt (its easier to consume this much salt with the milk)
1 coffee with tablespoon sugar.

the main things here are salt, protein and coffee to increase metabolism.

also remember cortisol is naturally high when waking, hence the lower temps. and as cortisol reduces throughout day ur temps will recover
Or chuck some espresso and that sugar into your hot milk for less overall liquids.