How to help morbidly obese person without screwing their metabolism

area51puy

Forum Supporter
You know what I wonder in this case, dude? I wonder, why and how you act on behalf of someone?
You said that he asked you for help..... Ok, but you admit that YOU DON`T KNOW, right? So, if you don`t know, why you didn`t give him a straightforward answer?
Imagine this: You read some advice here, you took it as granted, gave it to your BEST friend which followed it, and it turned out that it screwed its health to a point of no return. How would you feel then?
Don`t you think that his health is HIS responsibility? Why don`t just give him the forum link and, IF he wants, did his own research?
95 percent of people do not understand or have the know how to research to what is causing their health problems, and that is why these roided up health guru are so popular. Then you have the medical industrial complex which is sick care. So the fact this guy was luckily enough to have her willing to try to help with the knowledge of ray peats and the works of many other forum members that may help this guy. And yes it would be a whole lot better if he came on the forum and learned all of this stuff, but most people won’t and it would be to difficult to understand and 99 percent of people in these forums were on a health quest journey when they discovered ray peats work. But your average person will have no understanding of it and if you can get them to do it, it is better to spoon feed them what they need to do for better health.
And also say hey look at this thread I created saying you have man boobs.

Last edited:

Vinny

95 percent of people do not understand or have the know how to research to what is causing their health problems, and that is why these roided up health guru are so popular. Then you have the medical industrial complex which is sick care. So the fact this guy was luckily enough to have her willing to try to help with the knowledge of ray peats and the works of many other forum members that may help this guy. And yes it would be a whole lot better if he came on the forum and learned all of this stuff, but most people won’t and it would be to difficult to understand and 99 percent of people in these forums were on a health quest journey when they discovered ray peats work. But your average person will have no understanding of it and if you can get them to do it, it is better to spoon feed them what they need to do for better health.
And also say hey look at this thread I created saying you have man boobs.
Well, how many spoon fed people above age of 25 you know, that had success in something? Because I recall none.... But we`re going in fruitless discussion here I sense, so I wish luck to this guy with his best friend.

Lollipop2

high carb low fat diet consisting of peat friendly foods that he tolerates, moderate calorie defecit, thyroid supplement, at least 100g of protein a day, regular walking, maybe some moderate resistance training a few times a week. vitamin e to protect against pufa release from tissues during fat loss.
Good advice but I wouldn’t do the deficit. Reducing PUFA, enough protein, enough carbs and the walking and occasional resistance training should make a huge difference without needing a caloric deficit. Might take longer but will leave him healthy.

retroactive

Getting more milk/calcium, vitamin D, vitaminK, Mg, b vitamins in the diet. Supplement thryroid if tolerated. Caffeine and aspirin also if tolerated. Lower fat % intake to maybe 15-20% of cals if possible. Make sure fats eaten are highly saturated. Watch total calories. Get plenty of sunshine/red light. Walk barefoot. Walking outdoors and some strength training would be good. Stay positive :)

Lollipop2

Getting more milk/calcium, vitamin D, vitaminK, Mg, b vitamins in the diet. Supplement thryroid if tolerated. Caffeine and aspirin also if tolerated. Lower fat % intake to maybe 15-20% of cals if possible. Make sure fats eaten are highly saturated. Watch total calories. Get plenty of sunshine/red light. Walk barefoot. Walking outdoors and some strength training would be good. Stay positive :)
Nice.

dlind70

Weight is a pressure problem, nas little to with calories. Moving the intestines three times a day with bean fiber, potato and saturated fat or something some kind of fiber you can look up fiber in all the books and his intestines need to be stimulated to make a bowel movement two or three times a day if you can make a bowel movement two or three times a day then you're on the road to better health.

Base his diet around protein - eggs, dairy and red meat (and seafood if available), add carbs on top of that - ripe fruit, honey and well cooked starch. Protein will keep him satiated. No pufa, no nuts, no seeds, avoid goitrogens and high oxalate foods. Gym 2-3 times/week, preferably short full body workouts (start light and progressively overload) itt will preserve and build his muscles and raise DHT. Light cardio - walking is the best Imo - an hour every evening - it will still burn calories, but will not raise cortisol like jogging. Check his bloodwork - total test, shbg, Estrogen to see where he stands there. Keep in mind the calorie balance. The most important thing is consistency!

OP
L
Thanks for all the responses guys, I'll be sure to show him tomorrow. This thread has been fascinating to me as well as someone who has put on some unwanted pandemic weight.

Walking, walking, and more walking. Do it on grass if possible, not concrete...save those joints. Incorporate a small daily caloric deficit. Have him mentally train himself to understand this is a long-haul journey. It took a while to get where he is, it will take a while to get where he wants to be. The dude can do this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals