How To Help Ex Cocaine Addict?

T

TheBeard

A friend of mine has now been clean for 6 months.
She used to do cocaine on a daily for at least 10 years.

Now she is having bouts of depression and bursting into tears for no reason.

What may have been depleted by the drug?
What hormones can I give her? DHEA, Preg?
What supplements?

ExD

You could try letting her deal with her feelings :P

Sobriety after such a long time is obviously gonna bring a lot up. Trying to control them with more drugs probably isn't the answer when it's clear she's an addict :P

Regina

A friend of mine has now been clean for 6 months.
She used to do cocaine on a daily for at least 10 years.

Now she is having bouts of depression and bursting into tears for no reason.

What may have been depleted by the drug?
What hormones can I give her? DHEA, Preg?
What supplements?
I don't know what cocaine depletes.
But I think pregnenolone would be nice for her.

Will she eat eggs and shrimp? Milk, OJ, liver, oysters??

When I was in college, many girls would do cocaine to keep their weight down. Hopefully, she does not have the concomitant anorexia.

opethfeldt

I had an ex who was an ex cocaine addict. She felt much better on pregnenolone. She was taking 100mg.

lampofred

Vitamin D, thyroid, pregnenolone, more salt and calcium, more protein. Progesterone properly timed according to cycle. Being dependent on some stimulant like coffee is probably healthier than being depressed.

To be honest I don't think the depression is due to withdrawal from cocaine, I think it's the depression (or at least a high estrogen hormonal status) that led to cocaine dependency in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheBeard

I don't know what cocaine depletes.
But I think pregnenolone would be nice for her.

Will she eat eggs and shrimp? Milk, OJ, liver, oysters??

When I was in college, many girls would do cocaine to keep their weight down. Hopefully, she does not have the concomitant anorexia.

Thank you!

She did use it partly to control her weight indeed, she has now bounced back up quite a bit, which doesn't help the depression

OP
T

TheBeard

I had an ex who was an ex cocaine addict. She felt much better on pregnenolone. She was taking 100mg.

Thanks man! I'm going to start her on that, that's what I have home at the moment

Frankdee20

Cocaine is a short lived stimulant that blocks the reuptake of Dopamine norepinephrine and serotonin. It differs slightly from amphetamine because it is not a direct releasing agent of dopamine, and it’s shorter lived, and much more toxic to the heart...

It causes intense depression during the come down... Her GABA system and Dopamine system is all screwed up. Maybe even her cardiac system... The mood swings and crying sounds like low GABA (from having to control the stimulation)....

SOMO

Dopamine receptors were burned out.

Restore Dopamine function first and foremost. Phenethylamine maybe.

PleaseDoo21

N-acetyl-cysteine could work great for her. Clinical studies showed NAC's capacity to reduce craving, desire to use cocaine, cocaine-cue viewing-time and cocaine-related spending. NAC reverses the disruption of glutamate homeostasis caused by long-term cocaine use restoring the function of the cystine-glutamate exchanger in glial cells and reversing the downregulated GLT-1 receptor.

EIRE24

I'd start with making sure that a nutritious diet is in place. Hitting all the fat soluble vitamins first and foremost. I also think daily sunlight would be essential. High dose magnesium will also help.

These are all pretty simple steps and I would wager they will make a massive difference.

thomas00

You could try letting her deal with her feelings :P

Sobriety after such a long time is obviously gonna bring a lot up. Trying to control them with more drugs probably isn't the answer when it's clear she's an addict :P

raising a diplomatic protest to this narcotics anonymous style pop psychology and hoping we can instead focus on increasing metabolic energy

:soapbox

ExD

raising a diplomatic protest to this narcotics anonymous style pop psychology and hoping we can instead focus on increasing metabolic energy

:soapbox

Thankyou.

This thread was getting totally off the rails because of my pop psychology. If it wasn't for my advice this poor girl could be sitting under a chicken lamp, popping aspirin with her milky orange juice and hyperventilating into a paper bag as all her personal problems just disappear

We appreciate your diligence

I'd start with making sure that a nutritious diet is in place. Hitting all the fat soluble vitamins first and foremost. I also think daily sunlight would be essential. High dose magnesium will also help.

These are all pretty simple steps and I would wager they will make a massive difference.
+1

Operating like she overdid workouts,very high Protein,MV,higher dosed Bs,Magnesium.

milkboi

A substance to get TH up again would be helpful I‘d think: bromantane, 9-ME-BC, or low dose aspirin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals