How To Get Ripped While Peating

MatheusPN

I got very lean eating a lot of calories on a low fat diet usually 15%cals or around 30-40g daily
I presume that Coconut oil and MCT can help with fat loss, they raise metabolism, MCT also is good for androgens, 1 or 2 tbsp I would use for this objective

Before, *trying* to peating I used fractioned palm oil and after coconut oil, in the ranges of 30% to 40%, consuming 3000 to 4000 kcal, with same weight

I used fat to help with my strive to match the kcal, but using mct to this is very costly and hard, if not I would be using 3x more mct

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am sure fasting benefits certain people, but i don't quite understand how folks don't think this shuts down metabolism at all or induces ketosis via the randall cycle. Maybe @haidut can weigh in. I personally did not feel good when i fasted years ago. I was not PUFA depleted yet, and still was probably under eating a bit, but it did not make me feel good. My free T was extremely high, but it did not result in any favorable behavioral traits. In fact, i felt kind of bad. RP is probably the only man in the free world that does not think free T is a sign of health; from my experience, he is right yet again.

Well, this is what I have been saying all along but the fasters won't have any of it. They say that you are supposed to feel shitty while fasting but you will emerge feeling so much better when the fast is done. You see, the body catabolizes "bad" tissue during the fast and when you are done fasting you can begin rebuilding yourself anew. That is their claim, not mine. I have serious doubts about the long term benefit of fasting, but I have seen some people benefit from intermittent fasting. But I think everybody agrees that while you fast your immune system will be in the gutter due to high cortisol and adrenaline, and steroids will be suboptimal. As you noticed, and Peat has spoken, free T is very rarely a sign of good health. It is total T that indicates gonadal activity and gonadal activity is positively correlated with thyroid and negatively correlated with adrenal (stress) activity. High free T is often a sign of elevated lipolysis and sometimes poor liver function.

Jsaute21

Well, this is what I have been saying all along but the fasters won't have any of it. They say that you are supposed to feel shitty while fasting but you will emerge feeling so much better when the fast is done. You see, the body catabolizes "bad" tissue during the fast and when you are done fasting you can begin rebuilding yourself anew. That is their claim, not mine. I have serious doubts about the long term benefit of fasting, but I have seen some people benefit from intermittent fasting. But I think everybody agrees that while you fast your immune system will be in the gutter due to high cortisol and adrenaline, and steroids will be suboptimal. As you noticed, and Peat has spoken, free T is very rarely a sign of good health. It is total T that indicates gonadal activity and gonadal activity is positively correlated with thyroid and negatively correlated with adrenal (stress) activity. High free T is often a sign of elevated lipolysis and sometimes poor liver function.

Interesting. This fits into my perception of people who fast quite well. I think if someone was to do a study of the % of people who fasted having orthorexic tendencies, it would be between 80-90%. Who wants to "feel shitty" ever? It's self torturing behavior, not much different than an eating disorder. I know enough people to know that most people eat within hours of waking. What's scary is this phenomenon is spreading to athletes & other professions, where high performance is paramount. Any lean or fit athlete should be the last person who fasts before a game or a match, and i know a pro athlete that is starting to do this (due to getting way too into fitness.) I can see it working for people with high BF% or folks that are very unhealthy. For normal people with decently operating metabolisms, i think the dangers far outweigh the benefits, unless they are capable of eating nutrient rich and enough nutrition in that brief window. Again, Why the hell would you want to stuff yourself in a 4-8 hour window? Just my 2C.

Wagner83

Giving the digestive system a rest sounds like it could be beneficial for some.
Everyone needs or at least craves to have energy for their jobs or their life, I see many notice carbs make them tired so they stop eating them reduce them drastically, eat less overall or skip meals.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Giving the digestive system a rest sounds like it could be beneficial for some.

True, and this is what Peat said about benefit of fasting when asked about it but he said intermittent or short fasts (48 hours max) would be the only ones he thinks would provide net benefit, mostly due to endotoxin reductions. Again, I have definitely seen people benefit from short fasting sessions but many times they were due to people simply being busy with something exciting and forgetting a meal, so it is hard to say if the benefit was from reduced eating or the positive emotions from whatever they were doing.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting. This fits into my perception of people who fast quite well. I think if someone was to do a study of the % of people who fasted having orthorexic tendencies, it would be between 80-90%. Who wants to "feel shitty" ever? It's self torturing behavior, not much different than an eating disorder. I know enough people to know that most people eat within hours of waking. What's scary is this phenomenon is spreading to athletes & other professions, where high performance is paramount. Any lean or fit athlete should be the last person who fasts before a game or a match, and i know a pro athlete that is starting to do this (due to getting way too into fitness.) I can see it working for people with high BF% or folks that are very unhealthy. For normal people with decently operating metabolisms, i think the dangers far outweigh the benefits, unless they are capable of eating nutrient rich and enough nutrition in that brief window. Again, Why the hell would you want to stuff yourself in a 4-8 hour window? Just my 2C.

I think chronic fasting used to be diagnosed as a mental disorder unless it was prescribed by physician and was medically necessary - i.e. severe gastritis, gastroparesis, etc. Even then, the person would simply not ingest food, but would usually still be fed through a IV.

M

member 6316

deleted, didnt wanna offend anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wagner83

comon everyone here knows you used more than just peats diet/supplements etc advice cough steroids cough
I don't know who you're talking to but his advice and supplements suggestions may include progesterone, pregnenolone, dhea, thyroid hormone and he isn't against a bit of dht and T as he uses them himself. AFAIK.

danielbb

True, and this is what Peat said about benefit of fasting when asked about it but he said intermittent or short fasts (48 hours max) would be the only ones he thinks would provide net benefit, mostly due to endotoxin reductions. Again, I have definitely seen people benefit from short fasting sessions but many times they were due to people simply being busy with something exciting and forgetting a meal, so it is hard to say if the benefit was from reduced eating or the positive emotions from whatever they were doing.
@haidut - I am a believer in Ray's work and was interested in a discussion you had with Danny Roddy about bears where you mentioned they were temporarily diabetic until consuming carbs after hibernation. In other words, their condition was reversible. Obviously, people are not bears. However, do you believe people also have the same restorative mechanisms from short term fasting i.e., going back to their glucose-burning metabolism shortly after re-feeding with restorative carbohydrates? Does the potential harm of stress hormones (in the short term) generated by fasting outweigh the possible benefit?

It seems reasonable to imagine that hunter-gatherers would not be eating three-square meals everyday (like we all can now) and thus, that fasting may have been a normal process/adaptation in our development. Is it possible that we need to differentiate between chronic fasting and acute fasting such as in the short term situation and possibly consider there may indeed be some benefit to brief, short term fasts i.e., once per week for 24/36 hours?

frant26

@haidut - I am a believer in Ray's work and was interested in a discussion you had with Danny Roddy about bears where you mentioned they were temporarily diabetic until consuming carbs after hibernation. In other words, their condition was reversible. Obviously, people are not bears. However, do you believe people also have the same restorative mechanisms from short term fasting i.e., going back to their glucose-burning metabolism shortly after re-feeding with restorative carbohydrates? Does the potential harm of stress hormones (in the short term) generated by fasting outweigh the possible benefit?

It seems reasonable to imagine that hunter-gatherers would not be eating three-square meals everyday (like we all can now) and thus, that fasting may have been a normal process/adaptation in our development. Is it possible that we need to differentiate between chronic fasting and acute fasting such as in the short term situation and possibly consider there may indeed be some benefit to brief, short term fasts i.e., once per week for 24/36 hours?

+1. Excellent question!

haidut

Forum Supporter

Here is the study on bears and another one showing the benefits of fasting are mostly due to lowering endotoxin levels. If you eat foods that do not raise endotoxin much then there is no benefit to fasting and could be harm by decreasing your insulin sensitivity.
Burning Fat Makes Bears (and Likely Humans) Diabetic
The Benefits Of Fasting Are Due To Lowering Endotoxin (LPS), Not Less Calories

The fact that excessive lipolysis causes insulin resistance is well known and widely acknowledged by medicine. The only thing they still dispute is if this can also cause diabetes. The current version is that diabetes still depends on genes, while insulin resistance can happen to anybody who is overweight or under chronic stress (high cortisol). People in ketoacidosis die from elevated fatty acids, not elevated glucose levels. Glucose is mostly harmless and an symptoms of high FFA. So, it is the FFA that should be treated not the high glucose.
In light of all of the above, I do not see a good reason to fast unless it is intermittent and used to simply allow the digestive system to recover from irritation/endotoxin.

agnar

the problem with a lot of you "dieters", who can only eat in accordance with strict diet dogma, whatever that may be, is that you have no concept of moderation, and seemingly no sensation of hunger... it's incredible to me how this could even happen. you saw yourself gaining perhaps 5-6 kg the first month, yet did not ask yourself if there was something you could have done differently? if you gained this much weight, how could you have believed your metabolism was "healing"? of course your hormones will be better, seeing as you started eating carbs again, but you will always be a far cry from optimized health-wise if you don't actually listen to your body. too many people are merely seeking someone onto whom you can transfer the responsibility for their own health, relinquishing their own cognitive processes

GreekDemiGod

the problem with a lot of you "dieters", who can only eat in accordance with strict diet dogma, whatever that may be, is that you have no concept of moderation, and seemingly no sensation of hunger... it's incredible to me how this could even happen. you saw yourself gaining perhaps 5-6 kg the first month, yet did not ask yourself if there was something you could have done differently? if you gained this much weight, how could you have believed your metabolism was "healing"? of course your hormones will be better, seeing as you started eating carbs again, but you will always be a far cry from optimized health-wise if you don't actually listen to your body. too many people are merely seeking someone onto whom you can transfer the responsibility for their own health, relinquishing their own cognitive processes
Based.

Back
Top Bottom