How to get rid of Hyperammonemia by unknown infection

MarcR

Hello, I suffer from severe cognitive impairment, loss of refreshing sleep, etc after coming off of SSRIs. I think some latent infection reactivated in my body and is causing hyperammonemia. I have done some tests, ANA was 1:640, Ammonia in blood was high (60 out of 60), infection testing hinted at mycoplasma and chlamydia spp. beeing active. I thought it could be a parasite too.

I thought, im going to try to get to a special hospital where they can do a lumbal puncture and test my CSF for bacterial infections with a culture, and test for other autoimmune brain diseases. Do you have any idea, how I can lower ammonia in the meanwhile? Or how I can find out what exactly is causing my ammonia issues? Maybe try to just hit it with antibiotics?

By the way, I also tested CD57 cells, which were low, just like in chronic lyme disease. Lyme was negative though.

I tried stuff like L-ornithine, sodium benzoate, which did not work (I think it is too weak) unfortunately. My cognitive symptoms are very much like those seen in lyme disease.

For any help I would be very thankful.

peateats1

Hello, I suffer from severe cognitive impairment, loss of refreshing sleep, etc after coming off of SSRIs. I think some latent infection reactivated in my body and is causing hyperammonemia. I have done some tests, ANA was 1:640, Ammonia in blood was high (60 out of 60), infection testing hinted at mycoplasma and chlamydia spp. beeing active. I thought it could be a parasite too.

I thought, im going to try to get to a special hospital where they can do a lumbal puncture and test my CSF for bacterial infections with a culture, and test for other autoimmune brain diseases. Do you have any idea, how I can lower ammonia in the meanwhile? Or how I can find out what exactly is causing my ammonia issues? Maybe try to just hit it with antibiotics?

By the way, I also tested CD57 cells, which were low, just like in chronic lyme disease. Lyme was negative though.

I tried stuff like L-ornithine, sodium benzoate, which did not work (I think it is too weak) unfortunately. My cognitive symptoms are very much like those seen in lyme disease.

For any help I would be very thankful.
Can I ask, what test did you get that showed mycoplasma and chlamydia spp? Is that a regular blood culture or something different?

I had liver problems a couple years ago with high enzymes and swollen liver due to endotoxins/bacteriophages, and niacinamide ended up helping to lower my ammonia levels. Might be worth a try?

miquelangeles

For me lactulose is very effective, ~15 ml two times a day. It reduces endotoxemia as well.
It would be helpful to have Ray Peat's opinion on its safety though.
Soluble fibers such as inulin, while also effectively lowering ammonia and endotoxemia, were shown to cause liver cancer in animals.
Not sure if the same applies to lactulose, but it seems to reliably lower my overall inflammation, improve breathing and muscle relaxation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals