How to get rid of cadmium / aluminum/ lead?

Motif

Just a hypothesis that this could maybe cause my low zinc / copper levels.

what should be done in that case ?

JacobG

Get a provocation test with DMPS + CaNaEDTA and collect your urine. Then you know for sure which metals may be problematic.

For lead use CaNaEDTA.
For aluminium use carnosine.
For cadmium use DMPS + CaNaEDTA.

OP
M

Motif

Get a provocation test with DMPS + CaNaEDTA and collect your urine. Then you know for sure which metals may be problematic.

For lead use CaNaEDTA.
For aluminium use carnosine.
For cadmium use DMPS + CaNaEDTA.

How is this stuff used and for how long?

and what about Heavy Metal blood tests? Do they have any value ?

any other options for getting heavy metals down?

JacobG

All of the chelators can be used via IV drip. When using a drip the usual amount is 250mg DMPS, 1g CaNaEDTA, 3g carnosine, possibly 0.5-1g glutathione at the very beginning. Do not use all of the chelators in parallel but in sequence. 1. Glutathione push, 2. CaNaEDTA + Carnosine drip 3. DMPS drip. The DMPS will give you the most side effects as it mobilizes mercury.

- DMPS can also be used orally. In that case only 50% is absorbed.
- CaNaEDTA has poor oral absorption, but suppositories have around 30% absorption.
- No idea how much carnosine is absorbed orally or rectally. There is a German doctor that says it has oral absorption (3x1g/day).
- Glutathione has no oral bioavailability but can be nebulized or also administrated rectally. Otherwise one could use acetyl glutathione which has oral bioavailability.

- Very important: NO METAL FILLING LEFT in the mouth! Otherwise you have a high chance of making yourself worse.
- Do not use mineral supplements for 3 days before chelating.
- Frequency depends on various things but is generally 1-2x a month when well tolerated.
- Note that zinc and copper are also chelated from the DMPS so you may have to supplement at some point if you chelate frequently. If you only do it every couple of months there is no need unless your diet is deficient.
- Drink enough water after the drip to help excrete the metals. If IV chelation is not well tolerated you probably have to go for a "softer" protocol like the Andrew Cutler dosing scheme.
- For the provocation test you have to take the right amount suggested by the supplier of the test. I think Doctors Data urine test uses 125mg of DMPS for the provocation. Do not eat fish for two weeks before the test as that could screw up the results.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

All of the chelators can be used via IV drip. When using a drip the usual amount is 250mg DMPS, 1g CaNaEDTA, 3g carnosine, possibly 0.5-1g glutathione at the very beginning. Do not use all of the chelators in parallel but in sequence. 1. Glutathione push, 2. CaNaEDTA + Carnosine drip 3. DMPS drip. The DMPS will give you the most side effects as it mobilizes mercury.

- DMPS can also be used orally. In that case only 50% is absorbed.
- CaNaEDTA has poor oral absorption, but suppositories have around 30% absorption.
- No idea how much carnosine is absorbed orally or rectally. There is a German doctor that says it has oral absorption (3x1g/day).
- Glutathione has no oral bioavailability but can be nebulized or also administrated rectally. Otherwise one could use acetyl glutathione which has oral bioavailability.

- Very important: NO METAL FILLING LEFT in the mouth! Otherwise you have a high chance of making yourself worse.
- Do not use mineral supplements for 3 days before chelating.
- Frequency depends on various things but is generally 1-2x a month when well tolerated.
- Note that zinc and copper are also chelated from the DMPS so you may have to supplement at some point if you chelate frequently. If you only do it every couple of months there is no need unless your diet is deficient.
- Drink enough water after the drip to help excrete the metals. If IV chelation is not well tolerated you probably have to go for a "softer" protocol like the Andrew Cutler dosing scheme.
- For the provocation test you have to take the right amount suggested by the supplier of the test. I think Doctors Data urine test uses 125mg of DMPS for the provocation. Do not eat fish for two weeks before the test as that could screw up the results.
ThNks!

is zinc / copper / selenium getting rid of some other heavy metals in the body too?

iron for example?

Last edited:

scrubolio

there was a podcast on one radio network (2021/1/19 chris exley) on aluminum, apparently a high silicon/silica content water (fiji water) can help flush out aluminum as well as sauna use.

if you are going to use chelators, look into the half life of them and how often you may need to be dosing them so they won’t just be moved around your body.

mariantos

ThNks!

is zinc / copper / selenium getting rid of some other heavy metals in the body too?

iron for example?
Soda, milk, chocolate, tea, and coffee. Anything with high tannins or large amounts of these foods and drinks can actually block cells from absorbing a full dose of iron. The best way to get rid of iron is to donate blood.

P

Peatness

Lead – Calcium

Cadmium – Zinc

Aluminium – Vitamin C / Magnesium

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I have collected some articles and posts some years ago regarding chelation, see attachment. I also have a document attached from someone who developed Parkinson’s symptoms after dental ‘silver’ fillings.

image.jpg
A few years ago, I did some detox and it really helped with my mental clarity. I used a detox formula from Advanced Bionutritionals, ‘Advanced Detox Formula’ but they don’t offer this one anymore.

Then a professor at UNR told me that selenium forms a very chemically stable bond and that it is then no longer bioavailable. I also took Ceraplex supplement at that time.

I have to add the documents later, I can’t do it with my phone.

Last edited:

JacobG

ThNks!

iron for example?
Currently iron gets a bad rep. However, heme iron is no problem as long as you are free from chronic infections which result in iron sequestration.

As @StephanF says, selenium is helpful. Magnesium malate may be helpful for aluminum.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Here are the attachments regarding mercury & chelation. Some are random collections of articles and posts that I found on the Internet.

Sauna was mentioned here, especially Infrared Sauna is good for detox.

Attachments

• Mercury Zeta Potential etc.pdf
    44.5 KB · Views: 9
  • MY PARKINSON'S STORY.pdf
    27.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Zeta Potential, Hg & Al, Alzheimers.pdf
    215.6 KB · Views: 8

BearWithMe

Do you know where these heavy metals come from? Stopping the exposure should be the first thing.

Can you get tested for cadmium / aluminum/ lead levels in your body?

P

Peatness

Do you know where these heavy metals come from? Stopping the exposure should be the first thing.

Can you get tested for cadmium / aluminum/ lead levels in your body?
Good question, not sure if there is a realiable test although some people do hair mineral test.

Some sources of heavy metal could be dental treatments especially metal fillings, supplements, processed foods, contrast dyes used for ct or MRI scans, vaccines, seafood