How to get rid of acne?

Korven

thanks Korven

i live in switzerland, so almost all pharmaceutical staff is nearly impossible to get o_O even the cistus tea:):

could you explain why you recommend hot water?

Can you get stuff shipped from german amazon? This is the product I use: Amazon product ASIN B00QFFGAT4View: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Cistus-Incanus-Chopped-Rock-1000g/dp/B00QFFGAT4/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=cistus+incanus&qid=1638093862&sr=8-9

Drinking hot water between meals is amazing for your digestion! It's like the carrot salad on steroids. :carrot

certain supplements seem to exacerbate acne especially if they cause constipation. taurine seems to worsen it, some of the b vitamisn in high doses like biotin, b12 also do. whereas b6 seems to help it.

either policosanol or thiamine hcl significantly improved my skin texture. i didnt have much acne before, but i had some on the upper shoulders/rear shoulders and face, and some scars on those areas and on the face. normally all the choline supplements and creatine also significantly can impact acne. choline bitartrate, alpha gpc, biotin, etc. i dropped the thiamine, still using policosanol so will see if that's what is doing it.

you got acne after antibiotics? doctors often prescribe antibiotics for acne! i got weight gain from using doxycycline a doc prescribed for acne. i think it was 100mg. probably messed with my development in other ways too. it was during critical years of 17 to 18... put on about 55 pounds in a year from them.

Interesting, eggs tend to give me more acne on my back, maybe it's the choline? If I avoid eggs I don't have any bacne.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that antibiotics (many antibiotic courses during 2012-2015) semi-permanently ruined my gut microbiome which caused even more stubborn acne/rosacea. Last year I was taking lymecycline for a couple weeks and they didn't do a damn thing except make the situation even worse. I believe this shift in the gut microbiome also made me more depressed and moody and this effect also seems to be more or less permanent. Before antibiotics I was more 'alive' and cheerful.

You took doxycycline for an entire year? Wow that is a lot of antibiotics. You didn't get any side effects?

Dr. B

Can you get stuff shipped from german amazon? This is the product I use: Amazon product ASIN B00QFFGAT4View: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Cistus-Incanus-Chopped-Rock-1000g/dp/B00QFFGAT4/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=cistus+incanus&qid=1638093862&sr=8-9

Drinking hot water between meals is amazing for your digestion! It's like the carrot salad on steroids. :carrot

Interesting, eggs tend to give me more acne on my back, maybe it's the choline? If I avoid eggs I don't have any bacne.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that antibiotics (many antibiotic courses during 2012-2015) semi-permanently ruined my gut microbiome which caused even more stubborn acne/rosacea. Last year I was taking lymecycline for a couple weeks and they didn't do a damn thing except make the situation even worse. I believe this shift in the gut microbiome also made me more depressed and moody and this effect also seems to be more or less permanent. Before antibiotics I was more 'alive' and cheerful.

You took doxycycline for an entire year? Wow that is a lot of antibiotics. You didn't get any side effects?

i did, put on 60 pounds without changing the diet or exercise etc. did you get fat gain from the antibiotics

Cooper

Scalp acne, acne on cheeks and jawline (staph bacteria can move from ears to your cheeks on your pillow as you sleep), a past history of taking Accutane (I've seen people get gram negative folliculitis and/or chronic staph infections after taking the dreaded TANE) all suggest you might be dealing with Staph acne. After spending waaaaaaay too many hours researching skin issues, getting a messed up gut flora or skin flora after taking Accutane seems to be a pretty common occurrence.

Like Hans said I would cut out the gluten for 2 weeks and see if things improve. It might not be a problem but you will never know unless you try eliminating it. And take the Bacillus Subtilis probiotics plus drink at least 2 liter of the Cistus incanus tea or just plain hot water per day.

And yeah if you can get a SIBO test done that could be useful, as you say sometimes you can suffer from a stealthy/silent bacterial overgrowth. Oregano oil is a pretty good, broad-spectrum antimicrobial.

Before I used to think my gut health was "fine"... but it really wasn't. I had frequent episodes with nausea and stabbing pains around my ileocecal valve/appendix. Eating a vegan diet for 3 years, followed by more insane restrictive diets, really weakened my digestion and caused more gut issues; heartburn, bloating, alternating constipation/diarrhea, fat malabsorption, poor bile flow, feeling nauseous or poisoned.

But really my issues with acne only started after taking antibiotics. I think a dysbiotic gut flora is one of the key drivers for skin issues (explains why some can eat donuts and McDonalds and get no breakouts).
Hello, a little update from me. Not good news.

I did 15 days of waterfast (Yes 15 days, only water.) with 3 days of Keto beforehand. And then i switched to 0 sugar, 0 Gluten, limited diary (Diary does not cause acne for me, experimented in the past.) diet. Started taking many supplements and probiotics which heal the gut and i still eat healthy.

My acne didn't went away. Im going to lose my mind and faith. I just had a break out yesterday and my face is even worse than before. I am eating healthy carbs with lean protein and veggies. Taking the best fruits and berries for my gut along with high doses of L- Glutamine and Pro- Pre- Biotics, Berberine- Anti Microbials etc.

Although my sexual issues improved with water fasting my face didn't. What the hell is going on? Im on Gluten free diet for 2 weeks now, for a month if we count the water fasting.

This is not fair.

This. Is. Not. Fair.

Im doing everything i can, changing my pillow sheets EVERY DAY, eating god damn healthy, taking the most expensive probiotics on market, using benzoyl peroxide. I even bought the Tretinoin cream today, and applied but hesistant to use it more as i crashed horribly from Accutane in the past. Some say Tretinoin passes into blood stream thru skin.

And i still have acne on my face like a teenager, which then leaves me scarred afterwards. (Yes i tend to pop the whiteheads if they are not painful to pop, im not going out with a whitehead on my face, no sir.)

I have no idea what to try now. Will try your recommendations, like drinking that tea maybe. Btw, whats up with clearing nasal cavity? How that would help with my face?

Oh and i tested for SIBO etc., all clear, i just have clinically low levels of Prevotella and Akkermansia bacteria which im trying to correct with probiotics and fiber rich diet. My doc. made a plan for that.

Last edited:

Cooper

Some people are sensitive to gluten and get an immune response and this can cause acne. You can eliminate gluten and see how that works. Grains also contain fructans, which some people are sensitive to. You said that you did best on a carnivore diet which shows that you react negatively to some kind of plant food. You just have to identify which ones.
Please check out the post above. I think Gluten is not the issue for me. I am going to lose my mind trying to find the cause. All i know is, i did very good on Keto- Carnivore diet. But due to many reasons, i can't do a long carnivore diet right now, besides im trying fix my low Akkermansia with high fiber diet and all, so if i switch to Carnivore diet that could be counter intuitive.

And my acne goes away temporarily if i sunbath. UV rays kill the bacteria which causes acne on the face and i like to burn my face to really dry it out.
Im not gonna buy that sun is bad for you BS, we didn't evolve with suncscreen creams in nature. Never had issues with it, if it causes cancer, let's roll!

I eat buckwheat bread, gluten free oats, healthy home cooked meals with meat and veggies, nuts, all kinds of dried berries and bananas. I still have acne. I think im going to do a food allergy test done soon, to see what is that little devil of food that causes these issues. I even started taking BPC- 157 along with Glycine, Slippery Elm Bark, Dr. Myers's Leaky Gut revive powder, L- Glutamine and more things that we all know...

Im bombarding my gut (without being overwhelming.) with the best gut healing protocol that a man can create.!?!

Any other ideas? Thanks.

aniciete

Please check out the post above. I think Gluten is not the issue for me. I am going to lose my mind trying to find the cause. All i know is, i did very good on Keto- Carnivore diet. But due to many reasons, i can't do a long carnivore diet right now, besides im trying fix my low Akkermansia with high fiber diet and all, so if i switch to Carnivore diet that could be counter intuitive.

And my acne goes away temporarily if i sunbath. UV rays kill the bacteria which causes acne on the face and i like to burn my face to really dry it out.
Im not gonna buy that sun is bad for you BS, we didn't evolve with suncscreen creams in nature. Never had issues with it, if it causes cancer, let's roll!

I eat buckwheat bread, gluten free oats, healthy home cooked meals with meat and veggies, nuts, all kinds of dried berries and bananas. I still have acne. I think im going to do a food allergy test done soon, to see what is that little devil of food that causes these issues. I even started taking BPC- 157 along with Glycine, Slippery Elm Bark, Dr. Myers's Leaky Gut revive powder, L- Glutamine and more things that we all know...

Im bombarding my gut (without being overwhelming.) with the best gut healing protocol that a man can create.!?!

Any other ideas? Thanks.
Have you ever plugged your diet into cronometer?

Nomane Euger

@Cooper is there any comment you can link me where you fully explicit your diet ,wich fruits,which vegetables,even foods that are more occasional such as liver?if not can you do it?

Cooper

Have you ever plugged your diet into cronometer?
Oh no i didn't, will try though. Btw, gotta light?

@Nomane Euger
is there any comment you can link me where you fully explicit your diet ,wich fruits,which vegetables,even foods that are more occasional such as liver?if not can you do it?

I started to think that i may have some issues with the carbohydrates. Because being on Keto for few weeks and then doing Carnivore for 2 weeks cleared my acne in the past, but i can't live like this and i can't go for 3 months trying it right now. I have no idea why carbs would cause that.

Ok i will try it for you:

Things i eat on breakfast, separate days, everything is spesifically Gluten and Sugar free:

Oatmeal, Cococnut Milk, Blueberries, Cranberries, black olives, Hazelnuts, Buckwheat bread, raw honey, eggs, tuna fish (I stopped eating this, mercury.), maybe a little cheese with salads, usual mediterranean salad with the veggies you can think of with olive oil, maybe a bit of turkey or chicken salami with no additives, bananas, apples, oranges, straweberries. Black tea and herbal teas, maybe coffee a bit.

Lunch: Red meat (not organic because of the prices in here), turkey, chicken, white and brown rice, gluten free Pasta, meals with celery, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, onions, potatoes, sauerkraut, peppers, Ghee butter, sea kidney beans, beans, sometimes fresh fish, pop- corn from organic corn with coconut oil.

Things like that, it is hard to recall because i try to eat different things.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

Oh no i didn't, will try though. Btw, gotta light?@Cooper is there any comment you can link me where you fully explicit your diet ,wich fruits,which vegetables,even foods that are more occasional such as liver?if not can you do it?

I started to think that i may have some issues with the carbohydrates. Because being on Keto for few weeks and then doing Carnivore for 2 weeks cleared my acne in the past, but i can't live like this and i can't go for 3 months trying it right now. I have no idea why carbs would cause that.

Ok i will try it for you:

Things i eat on breakfast, separate days, everything is spesifically Gluten and Sugar free: Oatmeal, Cococnut Milk, Blueberries, Cranberries, black olives, Hazelnuts, Buckwheat bread, raw honey, eggs, tuna fish (I stopped eating this, mercury.), maybe a little cheese with salads, usual mediterranean salad with the veggies you can think of with olive oil, maybe a bit of turkey or chicken salami with no additives, bananas, apples, oranges, straweberries.

Lunch: Red meat (not organic because of the prices in here), turkey, chicken, white and brown rice, gluten free Pasta, meals with celery, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, onions, potatoes, sauerkraut, peppers, Ghee butter, sea kidney beans, sometimes fresh fish, pop- corn from organic corn with coconut oil.

Things like that, it is hard to recall because i try to eat different things.
i extremely rarely experienced acne in my life,the extremely rare times i experienced it is when i did eat certain foods,specifically foods richs in red/purple colorfull pigments such as red watermelon,bloody peaches and acessory way to much foods with oranges pigments such as carrots and oranges watermelon,coconut products,honey comb(the comb specifically when i swallowed it,not the honey)the acne accessory came with other estrogenic symptoms to varying degree,and the acne could worsen from foods like dairy meat eggs if i kept consuming these acne triggering foods,removing these acne triggering foods mostly resolved the acne even while still consuming meat/Eggs/dairy,the lonely exeption is since a high consumption of red watermelon for a month period in 2021,i am way more vulnerable to acne.all these foods i mentionned in theories can impair Vitamine A function and or DHT production,even at some moments of my life where i ate a ton of commun popular foods at restaurants i did not get acne even if i felt terrible,as long as i didnt consume these acne triggering foods that i listed.do you eat grass fed grass finished tasty liver sometimes?

Peachy

Sorry if I missed this in a comment but are you eating liver and oysters regularly? Vitamin A and zinc are critical. Pulsing a good vitamin E like Unique E? I've heard this can bring out acne for a while and then it subsides.

Dandelion root tea has a cleansing effect on the liver so this also increases acne for a week or so, then skin can look better than before. I've done a dandelion decoction - tea, but instead of steeping you simmer one teaspoon of the root per cup of water for 30 min. I'd drink two cups per day for a week or so.

Acceptance of where you are and self-love is important.

Matestube

I eat buckwheat bread, gluten free oats, healthy home cooked meals with meat and veggies, nuts, all kinds of dried berries and bananas.

Any other ideas? Thanks.
Well, here is your first clue: you just made a list of foods you eat that are anything but healing your gut, they are tearing it apart. What's with all this fiber?

You want to heal your acne:
- meat
- organs
- dairy
- eggs
- seafood
- orange juice

Do not eat anything that is not in this list.

Cooper

Well, here is your first clue: you just made a list of foods you eat that are anything but healing your gut, they are tearing it apart. What's with all this fiber?

You want to heal your acne:
- meat
- organs
- dairy
- eggs
- seafood
- orange juice

Do not eat anything that is not in this list.
Why would you say that those things are destryoing my gut? Im focusing on fiber because fiber is essential for a healthy gut\ leaky gut. And my gut microbiome test showed very low levels of Akkermansia which can be colonized with fiber and pre- biotics. Why do you think the other stuff that i mentioned would damage my gut? Due to lectin or saponin content or something? Or maybe fructose?

I can try your recommendation though but it is a very strict diet and im trying to gain some weight after my water fast right now, and trying to fix my gut. I don't think dairy is a good idea btw. I did good on carnivore before but it was non sustainable especially considering the meat prices in here now.

Nomane Euger

Why would you say that those things are destryoing my gut? Im focusing on fiber because fiber is essential for a healthy gut\ leaky gut. And my gut microbiome test showed very low levels of Akkermansia which can be colonized with fiber and pre- biotics. Why do you think the other stuff that i mentioned would damage my gut? Due to lectin or saponin content or something? Or maybe fructose?

I can try your recommendation though but it is a very strict diet and im trying to gain some weight after my water fast right now, and trying to fix my gut. I don't think dairy is a good idea btw. I did good on carnivore before but it was non sustainable especially considering the meat prices in here now.
Hey Cooper, I suggest you don't add a ton of different things, experience things one by one, pay attention to your feelings over several days, and see how it influences you, to eliminate co-founding factors and identify precisely and meticulously the impact that these different things have. it is possible that in some cases certain things that are a little more exotic help people, often going back to basics can allow people to solve their problem. are there any things that you have consumed quite often since your acne started, are there things that you have consumed quite infrequently since your acne started? what did you consume during the periods when you no longer had acne, and what did you not consume during periods when you had no more acne? (includes all foods, supplements, life factors, even when you think they are beneficial to you)

Cooper

Hey Cooper, I suggest you don't add a ton of different things, experience things one by one, pay attention to your feelings over several days, and see how it influences you, to eliminate co-founding factors and identify precisely and meticulously the impact that these different things have. it is possible that in some cases certain things that are a little more exotic help people, often going back to basics can allow people to solve their problem. are there any things that you have consumed quite often since your acne started, are there things that you have consumed quite infrequently since your acne started? what did you consume during the periods when you no longer had acne, and what did you not consume during periods when you had no more acne? (includes all foods, supplements, life factors, even when you think they are beneficial to you)
Thanks for the feedback. Well i can't say anything about your questions because everything seems so inconsistent when i look back. My acne is pretty much random i would say. I didn't take care of my body after the age of 16, and started drinking alcohol, regularly on the weekends. But that doesn't affect my acne that much. I quit alcohol for months before and i would still break out.

Did it improve your acne?
Yeah it did. My face was pretty clear on carnivore. But i still eat healthy like gluten and artifical sugar free and still break out. Im not sure what is really going on with me.
I just want to fix my sexual symptoms and my acne, that is all i want from life as a gift- reward. I had very bad times due these issues, very dark times, it was hard to cope while i was still kid with Post Accutane Syndrome.

I took Accutane for just few days when i was 16 and still have side effects from it like shrinked and numb genitals. While i was like 10 days in with the water fast my scrotum fullness came back. And it is still good than before, but not 100% back to normal.
My flaccid penis hangs normal and with more vascularity now. I think my issue might be gut inflammation\ secret leaky gut causing pelvic floor dyfsunction, causing pinched vessels and nerves on my lower body and causing prostate inflammation...

My Dr. said that my prostate was enlarged and had ''edemas''. Also it is also numb. I feel zero pleasure from orgasms, sex is almost pointless for me, although i can get very good looking, hot girls... Sad.

I tried 8 weeks of Testosterone Cyp, 150- 200mg a week with HCG, HCG solo, Proviron, Clomid, HGH, things like that in the past and none of them worked out for me. I also don't have classic low T symptoms, no mental issues except i have the memory of a 70 year old man. I still have good libido with my numb genitals. Like i can feel my brain reacts still ok to visual stimuli, just lacks the phsyical support of it.

I think 8 weeks of TRT trial was long enough to see a reaction. But some people say i need to use more to see the Androgen Receptor reaction to it maybe. But i wouldn't think that would be a good idea for a permanent cure. Besides i believe the issue is not about hormones. (My issues are PC floor dysfunction, numb prostate and genitals and genital shrinkage with vascularity issues. But i don't have ED, it is just smaller and softer %60)

Only Progesterone 50mg Subq injected for 3 months (Which can reduce gut inflammation and fix leaky gut. I shared a study about it in Raypeat.) worked out and i was regaining some genital sensitivity and erection size but then it also stopped to work. And strangely i didn't get this scrotum fullness back on Progesterone that only happened on water fast. And water fasting didn't improve my sensitivity as much as Progesterone did. (Idk if it was due to alcohol and sex i had with my EX. I did quit alcohol for 6 months before that. And started again around summer time.)

I may try Mifepristone now which i bought already from good source to see if i have HPA dysfunction... HPA axis also affects the gut microbiome so there might be something to it...

If you have any ideas you can share.

Last edited:

Korven

Hello, a little update from me. Not good news.

I did 15 days of waterfast (Yes 15 days, only water.) with 3 days of Keto beforehand. And then i switched to 0 sugar, 0 Gluten, limited diary (Diary does not cause acne for me, experimented in the past.) diet. Started taking many supplements and probiotics which heal the gut and i still eat healthy.

My acne didn't went away. Im going to lose my mind and faith. I just had a break out yesterday and my face is even worse than before. I am eating healthy carbs with lean protein and veggies. Taking the best fruits and berries for my gut along with high doses of L- Glutamine and Pro- Pre- Biotics, Berberine- Anti Microbials etc.

Although my sexual issues improved with water fasting my face didn't. What the hell is going on? Im on Gluten free diet for 2 weeks now, for a month if we count the water fasting.

This is not fair.

This. Is. Not. Fair.

Im doing everything i can, changing my pillow sheets EVERY DAY, eating god damn healthy, taking the most expensive probiotics on market, using benzoyl peroxide. I even bought the Tretinoin cream today, and applied but hesistant to use it more as i crashed horribly from Accutane in the past. Some say Tretinoin passes into blood stream thru skin.

And i still have acne on my face like a teenager, which then leaves me scarred afterwards. (Yes i tend to pop the whiteheads if they are not painful to pop, im not going out with a whitehead on my face, no sir.)

I have no idea what to try now. Will try your recommendations, like drinking that tea maybe. Btw, whats up with clearing nasal cavity? How that would help with my face?

Oh and i tested for SIBO etc., all clear, i just have clinically low levels of Prevotella and Akkermansia bacteria which im trying to correct with probiotics and fiber rich diet. My doc. made a plan for that.

Yea I can relate to what you're going through. There have been many times where I've seriously thought I was going to go insane over constant skin infections on my face.

I'm now at a point where I consistently have 100% clear skin and am able to eat more or less what I want.

Try this for a few weeks, I think you will be very pleased with the results:

*Get either activated charcoal or clay. Take 1-2 teaspoons (or more) in 0.5 liter of water or some other drink morning and night, or separated by 12 hours. If you want you can do even more, for instance with every meal.

When skin has cleared up you can reduce frequency of the binders/sequestrants to only a few times per week or month.

For me topical tretinoin was 4 months of torture with endless purging and I think it gave me semi-permanent dry eyes. So I wouldn't recommend it.

I would have to ask more questions about your specific situation but Demodex overgrowth could also be a problem. But first I'd try just the charcoal or clay, and if necessary for 100% clear skin, an anti-demodectic topical treatment such as ZZ cream or ivermectin. (Most adult acne is Demodex related).

You got this brother!

IT'S OVER

i have a similar problem, but my acne is moderate not very bad, the only foods that dont cause are meat and eggs. on carnivore i also have the best sleep of my life, but its not sustainable long term, i only did it for 6 months. i eated a lot of liver back then and it did nothing.
Get either activated charcoal or clay. Take 1-2 teaspoons (or more) in 0.5 liter of water or some other drink morning and night, or separated by 12 hours. If you want you can do even more, for instance with every meal.
i think i will try it next, can the water be hot?

I would give accutane a shot. I had really bad acne in high school that went away completely after just several months of treatment. Despite all the notoriety I never had any adverse effects. I haven't used it in decades but today at 41 years old I only very rarely get breakouts. I'll use topical tretinoin in that case.

Korven

i have a similar problem, but my acne is moderate not very bad, the only foods that dont cause are meat and eggs. on carnivore i also have the best sleep of my life, but its not sustainable long term, i only did it for 6 months. i eated a lot of liver back then and it did nothing.

i think i will try it next, can the water be hot?

Yeah or just warm water is fine. Activated charcoal is more powerful than clay IME. I should also give credit where credit is due, it was @EvanHinkle who gave me the idea to megadose charcoal for skin issues.

TurboTime

Acne is your body purging fluoride. Elimination diet doesn't work because it's in the water. You can't pin it down because water is in everything.

@Cooper
Here is your gift, bro. I've got the answer. Cut out the tea, it's full of fluoride. I have personally been able to correlate tea drinkers with acne or bone problems. Carnivore would have worked because you cut out stuff like cereals, pasta, rice that are cooked in water. I also personally believe that the ability to push fluoride out through your skin indicates relative health. When the body gives up on that you're left with arthritis, diabetes, balding, dementia, etc. Or maybe it was just lack of calcium.

@Hans
Same as above, I think you've said you cut out starches to help your acne. Were you cooking them in fluoridated water? Also I believe the milk correlation with acne is due to calcium keeping/ pushing fluoride out of bones. I know someone who can't tolerate milk and they have what I believe to be fluoride induced bone problems. I have personally experienced nausea, headaches, and vomiting when taking substances known to push out fluoride so it makes sense to me why dairy didn't sit well with him.

On the bright side, you might be less likely to get arthritis or dementia since you were purging some fluoride through your skin or maybe the main problem was way too much fluoride.

Number one supplement for acne is therefore Magnesium. Magnesium 400mg+, selenium 200mcg, natural vitamin C. All shown in studies to be great for acne. Guess what? They are the companion nutrients for the "iodine protocol" (thyroid fluoride detox) along with NaCl.

Ray Peat diet is ideal too. Orange juice for Mg and C. Milk for calcium. Liver to fix your liver (and low vitamin A is a marker both for acne and fluoride toxicity). Ray Peat diet helped me crack it since for a while I got most of my liquids from milk and OJ until lockdowns ended and sport returned, meaning much more water and acne went way up again.

IT'S OVER

Acne is your body purging fluoride. Elimination diet doesn't work because it's in the water. You can't pin it down because water is in everything.

@Cooper
Here is your gift, bro. I've got the answer. Cut out the tea, it's full of fluoride. I have personally been able to correlate tea drinkers with acne or bone problems. Carnivore would have worked because you cut out stuff like cereals, pasta, rice that are cooked in water. I also personally believe that the ability to push fluoride out through your skin indicates relative health. When the body gives up on that you're left with arthritis, diabetes, balding, dementia, etc. Or maybe it was just lack of calcium.

@Hans
Same as above, I think you've said you cut out starches to help your acne. Were you cooking them in fluoridated water? Also I believe the milk correlation with acne is due to calcium keeping/ pushing fluoride out of bones. I know someone who can't tolerate milk and they have what I believe to be fluoride induced bone problems. I have personally experienced nausea, headaches, and vomiting when taking substances known to push out fluoride so it makes sense to me why dairy didn't sit well with him.
it depends, it can be the gut as well, i dont drink fluoride water, and for 3 months ( when i was working) didint even cook in it, and still had acne, when i was carnivore i got 0, even if drinking tap fluoridated water, if i ate any slice of cheese or plant food i got acne a few hours latter ( always).

But i dont doubt it can be fluoride as well, i think the dosage they use to treat the water varies from country to country. it may be worth giving it a try.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals