How To Get Rid Of A Cold Now

encerent

I've had a cold since about a week with all the symptoms... sore throat, cough, nasal congestion, aches, tiredness, running nose etc.

The problem is this all is making it harder to sleep and drawing out the symptoms even more. Any ideas to nuke this thing?

I was thinking a large dose of MBlue as it is anti-viral and anti-bacterial.

OP
encerent

encerent

Here are some more things I'm thinking of trying: Thyroid (synthetic T3/T4 1:2 ratio), coffee or regular enemas. Haven't done anything yet...

theLaw

Personally, I've had great luck with a combo of Carrot salad + Penicilin + Activated Charcoal (4 Tbsp).

I haven't been able to catch a cold of any kind in well over a year with people around me getting sick.:D

I've tried the MB approach, and found it to be less effective for these issues.

Just my $.02:cool:

tara

You know what I'm going to say, right? :)

Tape or chin strap at night.
Might not instantly stop the cold, but it's got a good chance of ameliorating it and hastening recovery.
If you can get past that suffocating feeling for the first minute or two.

Queequeg

I think something to completely clean out your bowels like magnesium or castor oil. recent post on coffee enema would work

tara

In addition to keeping the mouth closed, last time I had one I added garlic to my carrot salad for a few days. Don't think Peat would recommend that though.

redlight

Lol... Whats the purpose of your comment?

If you really must know because its the truth and maybe the OP noticed an increase in colds when peating as well and other that view this.... I could probably find many post of yours that have no use.

redlight

I guess it was a pointless post, but hey my mind is in and out of reality most of time

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've had a cold since about a week with all the symptoms... sore throat, cough, nasal congestion, aches, tiredness, running nose etc.

The problem is this all is making it harder to sleep and drawing out the symptoms even more. Any ideas to nuke this thing?

I was thinking a large dose of MBlue as it is anti-viral and anti-bacterial.

Anti-serotonin drugs seem to be able to stop actual viral replication for most viruses including the flu. If the "flu" is viral instead of endotoxin reaction, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, cholesterol, MB, magnesium, vitamin E, theanine, vitamin A, vitamin A, emodin, etc all have been shown to have potent antiviral effects and many of the trials were in humans too. A recent news piece was about progesterone. Google "progesterone protects from flu".

OP
encerent

encerent

You know what I'm going to say, right? :)

Tape or chin strap at night.
Might not instantly stop the cold, but it's got a good chance of ameliorating it and hastening recovery.
If you can get past that suffocating feeling for the first minute or two.

I've taped my mouth a few times and it feels good. But then i get huge rashes from the adhesive. I dunno if a chin strap would work. Wouldn't it pull your chin (and whole mandible) back and give you a recessed chin over time (thus giving you less of a airway and more breathing problems?

tara

I've taped my mouth a few times and it feels good. But then i get huge rashes from the adhesive. I dunno if a chin strap would work. Wouldn't it pull your chin (and whole mandible) back and give you a recessed chin over time (thus giving you less of a airway and more breathing problems?
For the tape, I've used a very light tape, and smeared my lips with grease (eg cocoa butter or butter) first to make it easy to get off in the morning. I did that for more than a year with only occasional mild skin trouble.
I've only used a chin strap a few times, and didn't feel bad afterwards, but I don't have much personal experience of that to go on. My hunch is that because it doesn't require very much pressure, and most of it is upwards (pulls towards the tiop-back of the head) it probably wouldn't be a problem. But I imagine you'd feel it after a while if it was messing with your jaw?

burtlancast

There are well known remedies for colds: a mix of
- 1 lemon juice ( add the same water quantity)
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger

dissolve it all on low heat and drink while hot over 3 minutes

For general symptoms, magnesium chloride, which will double or triple the activity of your white blood cells and thus boost immunity.

If you still can't abort the cold, then eat a few cloves of raw garlic. The taste is revolting, but the effects superior in my own experience to anything i wrote above.

This garlic remedy is so easy and efficient compared to my other solutions it's completely unfair.

Garlic also kills cold-associated headaches :mad:

Last edited:
OP
encerent

encerent

Anti-serotonin drugs seem to be able to stop actual viral replication for most viruses including the flu. If the "flu" is viral instead of endotoxin reaction, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, cholesterol, MB, magnesium, vitamin E, theanine, vitamin A, vitamin A, emodin, etc all have been shown to have potent antiviral effects and many of the trials were in humans too. A recent news piece was about progesterone. Google "progesterone protects from flu".

Oh and Diamox is the best decongestion in existence. Wonder why no one is using it that way though

Art Vandelay

There are well known remedies for colds: a mix of
- 1 lemon juice ( add the same water quantity)
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger

dissolve it all on low heat and drink while hot over 3 minutes

For general symptoms, magnesium chloride, which will double or triple the activity of your white blood cells and thus boost immunity.

If you still can't abort the cold, then eat a few cloves of raw garlic. The taste is revolting, but the effects superior in my own experience to anything i wrote above.

This garlic remedy is so easy and efficient compared to my other solutions it's completely unfair.

Garlic also kills cold-associated headaches :mad:

+1 for good ol' garlic. I felt a cold coming on earlier this week, had a half a bulb of garlic when I got home...Next day I felt like a million bucks! I wouldn't recommend eating it on an empty stomach though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals