How to get out of a hyper-serotonergic state (gut focused)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you both! Suddenly makes sense. So it would also be beneficial to keep portions smaller to avoid excess distension of the gut?
I don't think it's necessary to do enemas to optimize gut or liver function. If you were already feeling good, no need to add extreme things.

AlaskaJono

I had a strange experience. In the recent weeks I managed to get a good metabolism, was happy, hungry, horny, with a (balanced) euphoria and optimism which I did not experience for a long time. Then I decided to do a coffee enema with organic green unroasted coffee, and found myself crying and ruminating again in the evening. Brain fog and irritability with a bit of fatigue on the next day. Clearly something with serotonin happened there. I don’t understand because i don’t think an enema could irritate my gut lining? Or was it maybe a detox reaction because my liver felt different afterwards. Mysterious.
Unroasted Coffee Enema?! Dude... you angered the coffee gods. This is not for human consumption. I have roasted my own coffee for years, but never.... would I .... o my.... Back years ago in India at a yoga ashram, I learned to fast, and during a longer fasts enemas were recommended, DIY, and a cup of coffee in the enema bag was also recommended if one is new to fasting. This is because the intestines may "keep" biofilm shards in the intestinal folds. Plaque basically. I have not done these for years, but would recommend warm salt water is the best and basic cleansing fluid, and if you need a shock then by all means add a shot of espresso.

Of gut biome importance: Also years ago I had a N.D. help me greatly with some digestive issues. Dr. Norman Easley in Portland Oregon. (He moved to Hawaii and elsewhere and is now deceased). He had a product that was unlabelled and not marketed at that time which was a pond scum looking half gallon jug. Filled with probiotics. He got it from a man on the mountain who healed people. This is literally what he told me. This man healed people by giving them capsules. Capsules he made from his (compost) pit. So this Dr. Easley gave me a concoction of maybe 30 different probiotics. He said that the "natural biome" changes from continent to continent, and differs in individuals also. But that if one does not get it from the soil, via food grown in that soil, then ... it ain't gonna happen. He had a table of free veggies in his waiting room from his own organic garden. This is in the mid '80s mind you. That product helped my greatly, and I have not had any gut issues since.
(except for that time I ate in a 'Chinese restaurant' in Mississippi with my Dad -his choice- and the oil made me sick for 3 weeks. Never Again!! probably cottonseed oil - or worse....)

If one has had antibiotics given many times during childhood, and is 'high energy' - stressed on or off - then your sympathetic innervation to the gut is what help makes it more serotonergic in my opinion. Food grown in healthy soil has minerals and beneficial aspects as such from the earth. When one eats food void of these positive health factors, then how can you get it? Food for thought... . Happy eating.

RealNeat

I have those same questions. Stress played a big role in the food sensitivities and symptoms I got. Eliminating certain food helped a lot. Restoring the metabolic rate also helped. But still, I seem to be sensitive to certain starches and food toxins (nightshade, lectins, etc.) regardless of how great my metabolism is now. I avoid pesticides and other toxins, yet the sensitivities remain. However, when I look back, I actually almost always had nasal congestion and nasal drip growing up and I never connected it to the food I ate. So it would seem that I always had some sensitivities growing up and it was just worsened by long periods of stress.
I'm not sure why people retain certain sensitivities (Peat are still sensitive to nightshade for example) even though their diet and lifestyle are "perfect". Could be an epi/genetic modification/trait. Perhaps even persistent dormant bacteria/fungus that flare up when certain foods are eaten, such as starch, lectins, nightshade, etc, which then causes problems.
I think previous cultures used to know how to protect themselves from plant toxins better by involved processes. It's also possible the plants were less toxic if less stressed.

Broken man

Something about the whole microbiome always confuses me.

Even clinical experts tell us its the diet that trumps pro/pre-biotics. So how is it then that the biome got messed up in the first place? A course of the wrong antibiotics? Pesticides? In that case there maybe strains that went extinct within a person that have yet to be discovered?

Maybe it is a fallacy i fall into but how would diet fix the issue? What makes the diet/supplement shift of the biome resolve anything but temporary relief on a subscription basis? Because once the diet reverts back to w/e the person wants it to be, how do we make sure issues dont come back?

I dont know about others but imo a healthy person is/should be robust enough to handle food without getting all these awful issues. Perhaps this is a little OT but i have yet to find health advice that actually wants to or manages to restore proper baseline health without requiring a person to adjust his/her entire life around a diet, supplements or medication on a day to day basis.

However i did not know about the aronia berries so thanks for that.
The thing is that alot of people are weak till birth now. Immunity and detoxification are making us strong. You are not eating just food but also tons of chemicals with it. I saw study where they found that even small babies had like 200 chemicals in their bloodstream which should not be there. I improved my digestion with methylene blue (20 mg+), low dose naltrexone and dihydrotestosterone. Thyroid, progesterone and other peaty stuff did nothing for me.

NodeCerebri

I don't think it's necessary to do enemas to optimize gut or liver function. If you were already feeling good, no need to add extreme things.
You’re right, seems like I had to learn it this way. Thanks for all your valuable contributions!

Broken man

I had a strange experience. In the recent weeks I managed to get a good metabolism, was happy, hungry, horny, with a (balanced) euphoria and optimism which I did not experience for a long time. Then I decided to do a coffee enema with organic green unroasted coffee, and found myself crying and ruminating again in the evening. Brain fog and irritability with a bit of fatigue on the next day. Clearly something with serotonin happened there. I don’t understand because i don’t think an enema could irritate my gut lining? Or was it maybe a detox reaction because my liver felt different afterwards. Mysterious.
Could be herx reaction from die off :)

Broken man

Often I wonder if good health makes one more or less sensitive to digestive disturbances. Someone I know who went through chemo, who now basically has 0 immune system, never reacts to any foods because the immune system isn't even strong enough to muster an inflammatory response. So on the other end of that spectrum maybe a very strong immune system makes one more sensitive to miniscule things. Pretty sure I saw a study that showed those with autoimmune issues (overactive immune system) have less cancer, although I would have to go look for it again. Most likely being right in the middle is probably best, too much and too little sensitivity are problems.
Androgens make immunity less reactive, estrogens opposite.

Ben.

I have those same questions. Stress played a big role in the food sensitivities and symptoms I got. Eliminating certain food helped a lot. Restoring the metabolic rate also helped. But still, I seem to be sensitive to certain starches and food toxins (nightshade, lectins, etc.) regardless of how great my metabolism is now. I avoid pesticides and other toxins, yet the sensitivities remain. However, when I look back, I actually almost always had nasal congestion and nasal drip growing up and I never connected it to the food I ate. So it would seem that I always had some sensitivities growing up and it was just worsened by long periods of stress.
I'm not sure why people retain certain sensitivities (Peat are still sensitive to nightshade for example) even though their diet and lifestyle are "perfect". Could be an epi/genetic modification/trait. Perhaps even persistent dormant bacteria/fungus that flare up when certain foods are eaten, such as starch, lectins, nightshade, etc, which then causes problems.

Stress seems to worsen everything a person suffers from, maybe even inducing issues that haven't been present before. The sensitivity retainment might be either a sort of memory or a reaction to a byproduct (perhaps from bacteria, fungi, parasites maybe) associated with the food in question.

Most food allergies at least are brought on by vaccines. Depending on in what culture it has been grown, it will become attacked by the immune system. Eggs, sea allergies, peanuts etc. All have common vaccine source of hypersensitivity.
Interesting thought. I wonder how easily this could be verified. Crossreferencing allergies with the vaccines (batches) the people have had. Obviously this woudln't be 100% precice proof but it could show a strong correlation.

Obviously the established medicine and the regular population discards this as conspiracy theory and wouldn't want to bother checking it.

The thing is that alot of people are weak till birth now. Immunity and detoxification are making us strong. You are not eating just food but also tons of chemicals with it. I saw study where they found that even small babies had like 200 chemicals in their bloodstream which should not be there. I improved my digestion with methylene blue (20 mg+), low dose naltrexone and dihydrotestosterone. Thyroid, progesterone and other peaty stuff did nothing for me.
You are right. The thing is they find this stuff in the umbilical cord during pregnancy already. Meaning the person is subjected to so much ***t before its even born, followed by a triple dose inoculation containing god knows what after birth.
The general population however has the attitude of "a little pesticides or a little plastic or chemicals hasn't killed anyone". They apply the "dont be a baby" attitude to something that they don't realize might have been the very cause to his or her lifelong issues/discomforts. Or they repeat the corporation excuses they've been fed such as "how else do we feed the world?".

Idealy, before, during and after pregnancy the woman is prepared health wise properly. How many people do we know who are/have been born under ideal conditions? Something one would assume should be doable in this day and age but ironicly is undoubtfully hard in a never ending manmade polluted world.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Curious, how much DHT did you use and how did you take it?

rei

Stress seems to worsen everything a person suffers from, maybe even inducing issues that haven't been present before. The sensitivity retainment might be either a sort of memory or a reaction to a byproduct (perhaps from bacteria, fungi, parasites maybe) associated with the food in question.

Interesting thought. I wonder how easily this could be verified. Crossreferencing allergies with the vaccines (batches) the people have had. Obviously this woudln't be 100% precice proof but it could show a strong correlation.

Obviously the established medicine and the regular population discards this as conspiracy theory and wouldn't want to bother checking it.

You are right. The thing is they find this stuff in the umbilical cord during pregnancy already. Meaning the person is subjected to so much ***t before its even born, followed by a triple dose inoculation containing god knows what after birth.
The general population however has the attitude of "a little pesticides or a little plastic or chemicals hasn't killed anyone". They apply the "dont be a baby" attitude to something that they don't realize might have been the very cause to his or her lifelong issues/discomforts. Or they repeat the corporation excuses they've been fed such as "how else do we feed the world?".

Idealy, before, during and after pregnancy the woman is prepared health wise properly. How many people do we know who are/have been born under ideal conditions? Something one would assume should be doable in this day and age but ironicly is undoubtfully hard in a never ending manmade polluted world.
It's quite easy and the data is available. Find a society where for instance egg grown vaccines have not been administered, and no egg allergy exists.

Broken man

Curious, how much DHT did you use and how did you take it?
I was taking 15-20 mg daily under my tongue. THe thing is that I was taking letrozole before for my high estrogen that went down from 170 to 80 and my T went from 400 to 900 but my estrogen is still higher. I also have very feminine looking body. I never experienced low estrogen side effect and was taking that amount of DHT for around 3 months. What I can say is that DHT brutally increased my strength, my eyebrows started to grow and my thighs are smaller. I had "knee joint pain" from the start but it went away and my knee is smaller also, it was like my knees were swollen. The only downside for DHT is drowsiness sometimes.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was taking 15-20 mg daily under my tongue. THe thing is that I was taking letrozole before for my high estrogen that went down from 170 to 80 and my T went from 400 to 900 but my estrogen is still higher. I also have very feminine looking body. I never experienced low estrogen side effect and was taking that amount of DHT for around 3 months. What I can say is that DHT brutally increased my strength, my eyebrows started to grow and my thighs are smaller. I had "knee joint pain" from the start but it went away and my knee is smaller also, it was like my knees were swollen. The only downside for DHT is drowsiness sometimes.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

tankasnowgod

So how is it then that the biome got messed up in the first place?

Easy. High amounts of PUFA from "Vegetable Oils," and iron from Iron Fortification. Just to name the two major ones. I'm sure things like increased carragenan and glyphosate can also have a big impact.

gaze

Androgens make immunity less reactive, estrogens opposite.
so why do children often have severe allergies that they grow out of? most old people i know arnt having histamine reactions or acne or autoimmune conditions. they deal more with weak immune stimulation which allows bacteria and cancers to grow silently until it completely over takes them

Last edited:

gaze

Easy. High amounts of PUFA from "Vegetable Oils," and iron from Iron Fortification. Just to name the two major ones. I'm sure things like increased carragenan and glyphosate can also have a big impact.
is removal of inflammatory foods enough? thoughts on probiotics ?

Broken man

so why do children often have severe allergies that they grow out of? most old people i know arnt having histamine reactions or acne or autoimmune conditions. they deal more with weak immune stimulation which allows bacteria and cancers to grow silently until it completely over takes them
Dont understand your point.

gaze

Dont understand your point.
you said estrogen makes peoples immune system more reactive, but as people age (and get higher estrogen) they become less reactive compared to young kids and teens. it's much more common for young people to have food sensitivity for example

Broken man

you said estrogen makes peoples immune system more reactive, but as people age (and get higher estrogen) they become less reactive compared to young kids and teens. it's much more common for young people to have food sensitivity for example
Childs are growing and sensitive, most people get autoimmune diseases later in life :).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals