How to get out of a hyper-serotonergic state (gut focused)

bluefish

If I’m not mistaken, cyproheptadine works good also as a supplement. I use it to lower serotonin

golder

Does ondansetron lower seratonin more or less than cyproheptadine? Thanks!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does ondansetron lower seratonin more or less than cyproheptadine? Thanks!
Its common/main mechanism is via 5-HT3 antagonist, whereas serotonin antagonizes a lot of other serotonin receptors as well. On the other hand, I haven't seen evidence that cypro is also a 5-HT3 antagonist.

golder

Its common/main mechanism is via 5-HT3 antagonist, whereas serotonin antagonizes a lot of other serotonin receptors as well. On the other hand, I haven't seen evidence that cypro is also a 5-HT3 antagonist.
In your option what would be the most comprehensive way of antagonising all seratonin receptors with the least side effects?

Sam321

I know this is primarily focused on the gut and I think it is worth the effort for sure.
But I really think more than anything else, having new positive experience do more than nearly anything in reducing learned helplessness.
I'm saying this after having to dig myself out of that state over the past half year and having tired most gut protocols. Everything in my body works better and smoother when I am having fun with my friends, not in isolation with all the bad things that have happened to me throughout my life.

Godspeed!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I know this is primarily focused on the gut and I think it is worth the effort for sure.
But I really think more than anything else, having new positive experience do more than nearly anything in reducing learned helplessness.
I'm saying this after having to dig myself out of that state over the past half year and having tired most gut protocols. Everything in my body works better and smoother when I am having fun with my friends, not in isolation with all the bad things that have happened to me throughout my life.

Godspeed!
For sure haha. Isolation is stressful, which in turn has a negative effect on the gut and almost everything else.