How To Get Enough Manganese And Folates?

Parsifal

Hey guys,

My diet is quite good according to Cronometer but I'm always efficient in these nutrients, despite eating a lot of fruits regarding the folates.

I wondered if you knew a good and clean way to get enough of these nutrients? Because I don't see how for now.

tara

Good question.
I just used nutrition data to search for veges, fruit, meat with manganese and folate. Of their list, i eat the following from time to time, and don't know if I get enough:
Spinach, leeks, mushrooms, kale, capsicum, sweet potato, garlic, beet greens.
Pineapple, raspberries
Lambs fry

mt_dreams

i get my manganese from fruits like cherimoya, watermelon, cherries, apples, and from maple syrup which about 25% a tablespoon.

For folate I use chicken liver, oj, & beet juice

schultz

Folate:::
Orange Juice, Papaya, Beef Liver. Pastured eggs are supposed to have more folate, but it obviously depends on the diet of the chicken.

RDA % of Manganese in 100 Calories of...
Wild blueberries: 288%
Pineapple Juice: 71%
Maple Syrup: 50%
White Rice: 16%
Potato: 9%

Coffee has manganese. I get 40% manganese from coffee. Most fruits have 5-10% a serving.

jellog

Tea is often pretty high in manganese:
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-muc ... -too-much/

Matcha tea is another one that's high in this element. I've seen studies where green tea consumption lowers estrogen.

Although, I suppose matcha also has anti-folate properties, aluminum / fluoride could be a concern, and hibiscus might be high in iron. You could always pop a multi-vitamin.

schultz said:
Coffee has manganese. I get 40% manganese from coffee. Most fruits have 5-10% a serving.
:raypeatcoffee

BibleBeliever

Ginger powder, anti-serotonin, boosts metabolism and one of the best sources of manganese:

Spices, ginger, ground Nutrition Facts & Calories

5 grams has 70%

Ginger - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

"Ginger, via its actions as a serotonin receptor antagonist, can increase insulin release from INS-1 cells, a research cell line for pancreatic beta-cells.[13]

Ginger has actions as a serotonin receptor antagonist, of which many are located in the intestines. These effects seem to be mediated through gingerols and their metabolites.[50]

Oral treatment of ginger (as juice) has been shown in rats to negate the hyperglycemia induced by serotonin;[14] this hyperglycemia normally occurs as serotonin suppresses insulin secretion, and inhibiting this reaction causes a relative reduction in blood glucose."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals