How To Get Ahold Of Low Dose Pure Dht

Cameron

Any idea on legal ways to obtain pure dht low dose drops. or is there any idea on if dht May become available for research purpose? Had no luck with 11keto. @haidut any new dht supplements yet to come?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any idea on legal ways to obtain pure dht low dose drops. or is there any idea on if dht May become available for research purpose? Had no luck with 11keto. @haidut any new dht supplements yet to come?

I wish, but DHT is still highly illegal. I actually expect 11-keto to also get banned once enough athletes start to (ab)use it and WADA bans it for good.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I wish, but DHT is still highly illegal. I actually expect 11-keto to also get banned once enough athletes start to (ab)use it and WADA bans it for good.
Such a shame dht seems to be very worth using in all aspects especially since it’s stimulates itself. Would low dose andersterone be next best thing for young males raising androgens? Maybe 2 mgs preg 2 mgs andro topically I have low pregnenolone levels last I checked before peating @haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such a shame dht seems to be very worth using in all aspects especially since it’s stimulates itself. Would low dose andersterone be next best thing for young males raising androgens? Maybe 2 mgs preg 2 mgs andro topically I have low pregnenolone levels last I checked before peating @haidut

Yes, androsterone should also be able to raise DHT not only because it is a precursor but because it competes with DHT for the 3a-HSD enzyme. That enzyme degrades DHT, so by taking androsterone you basically prevent it from degrading DHT. So, androsterone has a dual DHT-boosting effect which is probably shared by other steroids like 5a-DHP and even allopregnanolone but those are less effective as DHT precursors so androsterone is the top choice. I think 5mg androsterone should produce noticeable effect and up to 10mg daily should be OK if you combine it with some pregnenolone and/or DHEA.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’ve included raw milk and 12-18 raw eggs a day since my labs so maybe more precursors @haidut

The eggs are fine and may help with precursors. I would do a test for pregnenolone again in a few weeks and if it is still low then you may need to supplement with it directly due to poor conversion of cholesterol.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

And I will this month I use your energin and estroban @haidut ! Great stuff with lots of good sugar finally have morning wood again

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut could andro topically to beard area stimulate 5ar locally for androgenic hair growth?

I would rather use it in a way to have systemic androgenic effect and this should help with beard growth as well.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I would rather use it in a way to have systemic androgenic effect and this should help with beard growth as well.
You’ve been using andro for a few years at this point correct? With great results?

Ulysses

The eggs are fine and may help with precursors. I would do a test for pregnenolone again in a few weeks and if it is still low then you may need to supplement with it directly due to poor conversion of cholesterol.
Do you know off hand what modifiable factors might predispose a person to poor cholesterol conversion?

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Raw milk and raw eggs sugar brought my morning woods back fat souable vitamins and glucose are crucial

Ulysses

Lack of sugar? And vitamin a?
Here's a paper I had forgotten about:

Inhibiting COX-2 In Senescent Rat Leydig Cells Restores Testosterone Synthesis

<<Although multiple factors have been reported to be involved in the age-associated decrease in blood testosterone (1, 2, 9), it appears that the primary site for this decrease is testosterone biosynthesis in aging Leydig cells (1, 10). The rate-limiting step in testosterone biosynthesis is the transfer of the substrate cholesterol to the mitochondrial inner membrane, thereby initiating the steroidogenic process (11). We previously demonstrated that the steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein plays a critical function in this step by facilitating cholesterol transfer to the mitochondrial inner membrane (12–14). However, StAR protein also declines during Leydig cell aging, and the process of mitochondrial cholesterol transfer in aged Leydig cells is defective (15–17). Therefore, the mechanism regulating the age-related decline in StAR gene expression becomes an important consideration in elucidating the decline in testosterone biosynthesis during male aging.

...In summary, our results indicate that a COX2-dependent tonic inhibition of StAR gene expression is involved in the regulation of the steroidogenic sensitivity of Leydig cells to LH or cAMP stimulation.>>​

The StAR protein transfers cholesterol into the Leydig cells where it can be synthesized into steroids. So, inhibiting COX2, by increasing the expression of StAR, should also increase the amount of PREG produced in the testis. Following this logic it would seem that even a temporary course of high-dose aspirin can be useful for stabilizing the organism in times of acute stress, since the interruption of steroidogenesis can cause a vicious cycle.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Here's a paper I had forgotten about:

Inhibiting COX-2 In Senescent Rat Leydig Cells Restores Testosterone Synthesis

<<Although multiple factors have been reported to be involved in the age-associated decrease in blood testosterone (1, 2, 9), it appears that the primary site for this decrease is testosterone biosynthesis in aging Leydig cells (1, 10). The rate-limiting step in testosterone biosynthesis is the transfer of the substrate cholesterol to the mitochondrial inner membrane, thereby initiating the steroidogenic process (11). We previously demonstrated that the steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein plays a critical function in this step by facilitating cholesterol transfer to the mitochondrial inner membrane (12–14). However, StAR protein also declines during Leydig cell aging, and the process of mitochondrial cholesterol transfer in aged Leydig cells is defective (15–17). Therefore, the mechanism regulating the age-related decline in StAR gene expression becomes an important consideration in elucidating the decline in testosterone biosynthesis during male aging.

...In summary, our results indicate that a COX2-dependent tonic inhibition of StAR gene expression is involved in the regulation of the steroidogenic sensitivity of Leydig cells to LH or cAMP stimulation.>>​

The StAR protein transfers cholesterol into the Leydig cells where it can be synthesized into steroids. So, inhibiting COX2, by increasing the expression of StAR, should also increase the amount of PREG produced in the testis. Following this logic it would seem that even a temporary course of high-dose aspirin can be useful for stabilizing the organism in times of acute stress, since the interruption of steroidogenesis can cause a vicious cycle.
Wonder the most effective way to increase StAR is? In humans lol

Ulysses

Wonder the most effective way to increase StAR is? In humans lol
Aspirin is a COX2 inhibitor. Sorry, I should have spelled that out. There are other, pharmaceutical drugs with a more specific action on COX2 but I've never tried any of them.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

do you use aspirin at the moment ? So up in the air on aspirin studies
Aspirin is a COX2 inhibitor. Sorry, I should have spelled that out. There are other, pharmaceutical drugs with a more specific action on COX2 but I've never tried any of them.[/QUOTE
Aspirin is a COX2 inhibitor. Sorry, I should have spelled that out. There are other, pharmaceutical drugs with a more specific action on COX2 but I've never tried any of them.
do you use aspirin at the moment ? So up in the are on aspirin studies

Nebula

Haidut, do you think DHT has any advantages over androsterone? I don't notice anything reliable with androsterone, so I'm wondering if its worth it to seek out DHT.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, do you think DHT has any advantages over androsterone? I don't notice anything reliable with androsterone, so I'm wondering if its worth it to seek out DHT.

I think it has quicker onset of mental benefits but largely the same effects on physique if androsterone is taken in doses say twice higher than DHT. However, after a day or two androsterone seems to achieve largely the same effects and I think androsterone actually leads to DHT build up not only as a precursor but because androsterone competes with DHT for the enzyme 3a-HSD (which degrades DHT). So, by taking androsterone not only does it raise DHT as a precursor but also by preventing DHT degradation by 3a-HSD.