How To Fix Your Liver Guide

How did you find this article?

• Great, I learned a lot and understood it well

• Good, but it was too complicated and boring

• Not my cup of tea

Results are only viewable after voting.

brocktoon

@Hans
I Have used Milk Thistle in the Past (2016-2017). Also Drinking Three Cups of Coffee, using 2g Choline Bitartate as well as 2-3g of Ginger Daily and Vitamin E. Can say for sure, that these Things work for the Liver....
When you say these things "work for the liver" what do you mean in particular? I'm specifically interested in resolving fatty liver. I've been taking choline bitartrate for awhile, but only at 550mg/day. Thoughts on choline?

pepsi

How would one know if they have a fatty liver if they dont go to a doc for a scan or labs?

Dr Peat mentioned in poor countries they have the patient drink some coffee and if they
cant tolerate it, then they have liver issues.

Any at home tests, other then being able to tolerate coffee, to see if one has fatty liver?
Or is it only diagnosable by a physician?

Attakai

Just go get a liver ultra sound. Super easy.
If you don't have insurance you can go to a local urgent care that has one and tell them you feel discomfort under your right rib cage and want an ultra sound.
Will probably cost you 200-300 though.

brocktoon

...Any at home tests, other then being able to tolerate coffee, to see if one has fatty liver?Or is it only diagnosable by a physician?
The coffee tolerance thing isn't reliable for all; I can drink a couple big coffees and not have a stress reaction despite a fatty liver.

Agree that an ultrasound is a fairly easy test for diagnosis, although not as revelatory as a (more expensive) MRI.

David90

When you say these things "work for the liver" what do you mean in particular? I'm specifically interested in resolving fatty liver. I've been taking choline bitartrate for awhile, but only at 550mg/day. Thoughts on choline?
In my First Blood Test, back in 2016, my Cortisol was Higher than Usual as well as High SHBG and Low DHT. On the Former Anabolicmen Forum they thought that i had elevated Liver Enzymes. So i tried Milk Thistle out. Because a Sign of a Burdend Liver is Pain on the Side where the Liver is. And also Fatigue/Tiredness if i‘m Not Mistaking.... (?)
Also that was the Time that i was slowly Reading into Peat‘s Work....

Choline helps surely against Fatty Liver. Also it helps to tolerate Higher Fructose Intake better, without increasing Risk of getting NAFLD....

Last edited:

jzeno

@Mossy

Coffee enemas. Dirt cheap and anyone can do them themselves at home.

I'm surprised they aren't more popular.

Mossy

@Mossy

Coffee enemas. Dirt cheap and anyone can do them themselves at home.

I'm surprised they aren't more popular.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tend to not do well on large amounts of caffeine, but I will look into this.

Markus

Thank you for the suggestion. I tend to not do well on large amounts of caffeine, but I will look into this.
Start with half a tablespoon and only steep it for 5 minutes to begin with. You can then increase gradually to two tablespoons steeped for up to 15 minutes depending on your tolerance.

Mossy

Start with half a tablespoon and only steep it for 5 minutes to begin with. You can then increase gradually to two tablespoons steeped for up to 15 minutes depending on your tolerance.
I appreciate the added detail.

jzeno

Their effect: "Coffee enemas support liver function; they dilute bile, dilate blood vessels, reduce inflammation of the intestines, and enhance gluthianone S transferase, thus facilitating the phase 2 liver detoxification pathway. While sometimes ridiculed by the uninformed, coffee enemas were until recently included in the bible of medicine, the Merck Manual Coffee (Gonzalez & Issacs, 1999)."

Demystifying Coffee Enemas. What are the Benefits? - Dr. Leslie Korn

Look up an video on YouTube on how to do one. They aren't that big of deal. Just have all the supplies. Enema kit. Lubricant (butter, petroleum jelly is popular). Fluid (coffee or water, whatever you're using) at the right temp (as close to body temperature as possible is best). Towels to lie on in case you make a mess and because the ground is hard. Spot to relax on the ground close to your toilet. Timer. Something to do (book, phone).

You can get an enema kit for as little as $10 or so on Amazon and other places. Make sure it's big enough for the amount you want to try and get one from materials you don't mind. Stainless, rubber, glass options exist. At body temp, rubber is probably fine.

Best buy kit: https://www.amazon.com/Flents-Combi...child=1&keywords=enema&qid=1585430138&sr=8-20

I have a bunch of soap on hand and rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle for the clean up. Hot water with soap in the bathroom sink. Spray down with rubbing alcohol and spray alcohol into all the parts and tubes and enema container. Rinse. Air dry. Put it away. Wash towels if you make a mess. Done.

Official Gerson recipe: https://gerson.org/gerpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Coffee-Enema-Resource-Guide.pdf

I started with a full strength enema, but you do you.

laleto12

Their effect: "Coffee enemas support liver function; they dilute bile, dilate blood vessels, reduce inflammation of the intestines, and enhance gluthianone S transferase, thus facilitating the phase 2 liver detoxification pathway. While sometimes ridiculed by the uninformed, coffee enemas were until recently included in the bible of medicine, the Merck Manual Coffee (Gonzalez & Issacs, 1999)."

Look up an video on YouTube on how to do one. They aren't that big of deal. Just have all the supplies. Enema kit. Lubricant (butter, petroleum jelly is popular). Fluid (coffee or water, whatever you're using) at the right temp (as close to body temperature as possible is best). Towels to lie on in case you make a mess and because the ground is hard. Spot to relax on the ground close to your toilet. Timer. Something to do (book, phone).

You can get an enema kit for as little as $10 or so on Amazon and other places. Make sure it's big enough for the amount you want to try and get one from materials you don't mind. Stainless, rubber, glass options exist. At body temp, rubber is probably fine.

Best buy kit: https://www.amazon.com/Flents-Combi...child=1&keywords=enema&qid=1585430138&sr=8-20

I have a bunch of soap on hand and rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle for the clean up. Hot water with soap in the bathroom sink. Spray down with rubbing alcohol and spray alcohol into all the parts and tubes and enema container. Rinse. Air dry. Put it away. Wash towels if you make a mess. Done.

Official Gerson recipe: https://gerson.org/gerpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Coffee-Enema-Resource-Guide.pdf

2 days ago I did my first coffee enema and it was horrible. Bloating, sh***ing blood, feeling stressed for whole day. Im not sure what the problem was but it was pretty harsh me lol :D

redsun

2 days ago I did my first coffee enema and it was horrible. Bloating, sh***ing blood, feeling stressed for whole day. Im not sure what the problem was but it was pretty harsh me lol :D

Coffee doesn't belong in your colon. Who knew.

Mossy

Great detail--thank you.

@Inaut
Still taking the Gentian root? is it tincture??
On your reply could you list your top 5 consumed herbs, thanks

How did your enquiries go regarding mushroom powder?

Inaut

Yes, I still take gentian root. Currently powder but for simplicity tincture is probably the way I’d go with next purchase. All you need is to stimulate vagus nerve with a couple of drops

Top 5 herbs for me would be:
Gentian
Pau D’arco
Tribulus
Ginger
Nettle leaf

Never actually inquired regarding mushroom powder as I just make a batch of mushrooms weekly

FitnessMike

how about taking both tudca and taurine?

Healthseeker

I like this article a lot. But I wish there was more about the copper and how copper influences iron and under what conditions and combinations to bring iron out.