How to fix gum disease for <$100

Hey guys,
My teeth today feel the best they've ever felt, even considering the days that I've just left the dental hygienist, so I did a quick write-up of some recent information I came across + a practice I employed which gave great results.

#############

---> How to fix gum disease for less than $100 <---

THINGS NEEDED:

1. Toothbrush
  2. Toothpaste, tooth powder, or mouth-safe bar soap (like Dr. Bronner's)
  3. Floss
  4. Supplemental iodine
  5. Saltwater solution (64 ounces)
  6. Water flosser (like a Waterpik)
*Optional: Q-tips as an alternative to a toothbrush for iodine application

1. Brush teeth like normal
  2. Floss teeth like normal
  3. Apply iodine to brush or Q-tip
  4. Spread iodine liberally all over gumline and in between teeth until well-covered
  5. Use water flosser with saltwater solution to diligently pressure wash the collar of each tooth

Note: the saltwater solution is 14 teaspoons of salt mixed into 64 ounces of water.

>90% of the American population has gum disease. (1)

>Gum disease is marked by sensitive gums, bleeding gums, soft gums, and essentially creates a 'loose seal' around the tooth which allows unwanted bacteria to sit in the cleft where the gumline meets with the tooth.

>The gumline is 3mm deep, however, swishing water and normal brushing only penetrate 0.5mm, thus the necessity of a water flosser to reach the entire 3mm.

>Supplemental iodine and saltwater are both selectively antibacterial to remove the "moving organisms" (as David Kennedy refers to them) which are the root issue of the gum disease problem.

+Also, iodine (not iodide) is the solution to internal removal of stored fluoride. They fit into the same spaces in the body. When iodine comes to a place where fluoride is, the iodine will deject the fluoride.

+As an honorary mention, David Kennedy recommends a Rotadent for those who have a large amount of tartar/calculus (hardened plaque) buildup. A Rotadent is basically a professional-grade electric toothbrush.

>David Kennedy, DDS addressing gum disease, fluoride, mercury, implants... Why these topics are all bad news and ways to resolve their damage (1hr, 58m):
(1)

+I'll add that although Kennedy repeatedly mentions the (basically impossible to get) compound of Emeramide being a miracle cure-all for mercury removal, there are other compounds which remove mercury well, in the efficacy order of: broken cell wall chlorella, modified citrus pectin, and activated charcoal.

A high quality chlorella I've had a great experience with:
Amazon product ASIN B00JBCGE8U
Modified citrus pectin:
Amazon product ASIN B000H8BL9Y
>A video showing how a saltwater stream shrinks an amoeba on a tooth under a microscope (2m 8s):

>A very quick (about 100 pages) & useful guide to holistic tooth care by Nadine Artemis:
Holistic Dental Care

Ben.

Thank you so much for posting this.

I wonder if calcium therapy can be used supplemental to this.

OP
Twohandsondeck
I wonder if calcium therapy can be used supplemental to this.
Yeah, the calcium bit is 1/3rd of the tooth equation imo.

As in - hygiene is 1/3rd (outlined here),
Gut bacteria of the small intestine is 1/3rd,
And calcium is the other 1/3rd.

My thousand-foot understanding of the calcium bit is:
Teeth are bones we can see.
Calcium can either be directed to the soft tissues or the bones.
The status of vitamin A (as retinol), vitamin K2 (found in high quality animal fat), and vitamin D are what determine if calcium gets put in the right place.

So like... Liver, egg yolks, raw milk, and raw cheese are probably a calcium therapy on their own. Honorable mention to zinc because it plays a role in vitamin A metabolism.

Inaut

I agree hamster. Both are great and easy to do.

Sumbody

Ive had good experience with the dr ellie reccomendations as well
I have been doing her protocol for about a year now and it has been a game changer for my oral health. I had plenty of gum bleeding prior, even with regular brushing.

About a little over a week after starting her recommendations, no more bleeding gums, and I haven't seen a drop of blood since.

Many might question the use of the fluoride products in this protocol, but personally I haven't noticed any unwanted health effects, only cleaner and perhaps stronger feeling teeth.

In my opinion the amount in the products is small enough to have a positive effect on the teeth, but perhaps not enough to create widespread problems as any excess absorbed into the tissues is eventually removed from the body.

Many have been using these products for decades, but I do feel there are folks out there who may have greater sensitivity to fluoride than others.

yerrag

I sure hope at least one of these work. I mean, truly work in the long run.

I mean, it would more likely work as a preventive to periodontal disease, but on the question of eliminating periodontal pathogens on people already with periodontal disease I am not so sure.

I have one extraction after another and after each time I would say that's the last time, as I would conscientiously take care of flossing, waterpicking, and brushing my teeth and even do oil pulling while at the shower. Alas, there's no end to the bacteria claiming one tooth after another as the bacteria manages to survive under the gum and goes on to destroy teeth. This is why often by the time they are in their twiilight, a lot of people have little teeth left. I thought about that in taking care of my parents who in their old age had lost plenty of teeth. I told myself it wouldn't happen to me but here I am with 5 less teeth.

I'm trying Dr. Manhart's calcium therapy but he makes it sound so simple and I have a hard time just using his very simple method. And he says it will take care of existing periodontal issues. Bold claims are sometimes true though, but more often not. But I'm giving his method a try, but I still take SSKI and k2-mk7 as I think it will not hurt. The little flakes of calcium that I stick in between teeth don't seem to scare bacteria, but hey I should at least give it a try.

I have a gingival abscess that's been with me for 5 months and it won't go away. I didn't want to go to the dentist as he's talking pulling out the loose tooth and then doing some cleaning that's out of the ordinary. I doubt he's got the answer for it, and he's already a good biological dentist, and not just another dentist. I've lost 2 additional teeth under him where he gave me no indication I would expect to lose more teeth (the first 3 were under him as well, but man those teeth really deserve to be pulled out because there were bacterial colonies under them), and now I don't want more teeth to go. I think he's failed in that aspect of it. And so I'm glad I can try Dr. Manhart's calcium therapy.

I guess continuing to have patients' teeth extracted is a continuing source of income for dentists, conventional or biological or what not. Now my attitude towards dentists is the same as my attitude towards doctors. It makes no difference whether they're conventional or naturopathic. Not all of them, but most aren't capable of solving many of my issues. I have to find the solutions myself.

Last edited:
I have been doing her protocol for about a year now and it has been a game changer for my oral health. I had plenty of gum bleeding prior, even with regular brushing.

About a little over a week after starting her recommendations, no more bleeding gums, and I haven't seen a drop of blood since.

Many might question the use of the fluoride products in this protocol, but personally I haven't noticed any unwanted health effects, only cleaner and perhaps stronger feeling teeth.

In my opinion the amount in the products is small enough to have a positive effect on the teeth, but perhaps not enough to create widespread problems as any excess absorbed into the tissues is eventually removed from the body.

Many have been using these products for decades, but I do feel there are folks out there who may have greater sensitivity to fluoride than others.
Dr Peat has spoken well of topical fluoride o teeth sometimes if I remember correctly.

Fairykiller

I sure hope at least one of these work. I mean, truly work in the long run.

I mean, it would more likely work as a preventive to periodontal disease, but on the question of eliminating periodontal pathogens on people already with periodontal disease I am not so sure.

I have one extraction after another and after each time I would say that's the last time, as I would conscientiously take care of flossing, waterpicking, and brushing my teeth and even do oil pulling while at the shower. Alas, there's no end to the bacteria claiming one tooth after another as the bacteria manages to survive under the gum and goes on to destroy teeth. This is why often by the time they are in their twiilight, a lot of people have little teeth left. I thought about that in taking care of my parents who in their old age had lost plenty of teeth. I told myself it wouldn't happen to me but here I am with 5 less teeth.

I'm trying Dr. Manhart's calcium therapy but he makes it sound so simple and I have a hard time just using his very simple method. And he says it will take care of existing periodontal issues. Bold claims are sometimes true though, but more often not. But I'm giving his method a try, but I still take SSKI and k2-mk7 as I think it will not hurt. The little flakes of calcium that I stick in between teeth don't seem to scare bacteria, but hey I should at least give it a try.

I have a gingival abscess that's been with me for 5 months and it won't go away. I didn't want to go to the dentist as he's talking pulling out the loose tooth and then doing some cleaning that's out of the ordinary. I doubt he's got the answer for it, and he's already a good biological dentist, and not just another dentist. I've lost 2 additional teeth under him where he gave me no indication I would expect to lose more teeth (the first 3 were under him as well, but man those teeth really deserve to be pulled out because there were bacterial colonies under them), and now I don't want more teeth to go. I think he's failed in that aspect of it. And so I'm glad I can try Dr. Manhart's calcium therapy.

I guess continuing to have patients' teeth extracted is a continuing source of income for dentists, conventional or biological or what not. Now my attitude towards dentists is the same as my attitude towards doctors. It makes no difference whether they're conventional or naturopathic. Not all of them, but most aren't capable of solving many of my issues. I have to find the solutions myself.
You might want to check out askthedentist and Stephen lin. Are you mouth breathing?

amd

The only toothpaste without fluoride, glycerin, baking soda, silica, silicon dioxide, or clay, was OregaFresh (recommended here). And it was the same as other alternative toothpastes (with baking soda), I developed teeth sensitivity.

There was a toothpaste in a jar with MCT, coconut oil, orange extract, etc., which need to track down again (recommended here, too), but for now still using Crest.

cedric

Enamel has the highest content of boron in the body.
Salivary glands depend on vitamin K2 and iodin.

DrJ

If you use a glycine solution in the waterpik it will do even better since it's shown to breakup biofilms.

Missenger

What's being recommended exactly, SSKI or Lugols? Some people here were saying SSKI was safer to avoid thyroid damage from oversupplementation.

Ben.

1. Toothbrush
  2. Toothpaste, tooth powder, or mouth-safe bar soap (like Dr. Bronner's)
  3. Floss
  4. Supplemental iodine
  5. Saltwater solution (64 ounces)
  6. Water flosser (like a Waterpik)

Sorry for asking a perhaps stupid question ... for dental application/mouthwashes i've read that Povidone-iodine (PVP-I), also known as iodopovidone is used. Or could a regular lugol's iodine solution work just as well which would contain both the regular potassium iodide and elemental iodine?

For salt water i guess basic sea or mountain salt should work fine.

Man sorry for your troubles, going trough gum receeding myself atm and i seem to have a "wave" again where it is worse, cant close my jaw properly either for a while now. Agree on the doctor part. Like Hair or eyes or other chornic health issues ... everything nowadays is supposedly uncureable.

Neither oil pulling with coconut oil nor cdl or grapefrutiseed extracts mouthwashes seem to help. Havent tried methylene blue yet, not sure where to get it. I also dont like that it is a cell staining tool but desperate times require desperate measures?

I don't understand what is in dr manharts products. What form of calcium/zinc? calcium carbonate? So i could just make mouthwashes/pastes myself? Can't find infos in that regard. In one video he just says it is basic calcium, magnesium and zinc.

Could a calcium powder from algea/corals work too? There is this company that claims their Lithothamnion superpositum based supplement is better than conventional supplements and even promises bone growth ... i haven't looked further into it but since im not knolwedgeable enough i have no idea what form absorbs best trough the oral mucosa. And calcium seems to have this wierd relationship with the fat soluble vitamins that i cant make enough sense of yet.

I don't think adding the calcium therapy outlined by dr manhart is problematic so might aswell add it to the regular cleaning.

Using basic calcium carbonate in water and applying it to teeth or swish it around makes my teeth and jaw do wierd cracking sounds oddly :sweatsmile: But i feel better afterwards so maybe placeboe is a friend here.

michael94

Sorry for asking a perhaps stupid question ... for dental application/mouthwashes i've read that Povidone-iodine (PVP-I), also known as iodopovidone is used. Or could a regular lugol's iodine solution work just as well which would contain both the regular potassium iodide and elemental iodine?

Man sorry for your troubles, going trough gum receeding myself atm and i seem to have a "wave" again where it is worse, cant close my jaw properly either for a while now. Agree on the doctor part. Like Hair or eyes or other chornic health issues ... everything nowadays is supposedly uncureable.

Neither oil pulling with coconut oil nor cdl or grapefrutiseed extracts mouthwashes seem to help. Havent tried methylene blue yet, not sure where to get it. I also dont like that it is a cell staining tool but desperate times require desperate measures?

I don't understand what is in dr manharts products. What form of calcium/zinc? calcium carbonate? So i could just make mouthwashes/pastes myself? Can't find infos in that regard. In one video he just says it is basic calcium, magnesium and zinc.

Could a calcium powder from algea/corals work too? There is this company that claims their Lithothamnion superpositum based supplement is better than conventional supplements and even promises bone growth ... i haven't looked further into it but since im not knolwedgeable enough i have no idea what form absorbs best trough the oral mucosa. And calcium seems to have this wierd relationship with the fat soluble vitamins that i cant make enough sense of yet.

I don't think adding the calcium therapy outlined by dr manhart is problematic so might aswell add it to the regular cleaning.

Using basic calcium carbonate in water and applying it to teeth or swish it around makes my teeth and jaw do wierd cracking sounds oddly :sweatsmile: But i feel better afterwards so maybe placeboe is a friend here.
Only thing is I think Calcium Therapy Inst. products have a lot of Zinc which can throw things out of balance. In the acute term its very effective though ( the Zinc part ).

Purely rational approaches to oral health seem to help temporarily but rarely address the root cause ( pun unintended ).

OP
Twohandsondeck
What's being recommended exactly, SSKI or Lugols? Some people here were saying SSKI was safer to avoid thyroid damage from oversupplementation.
Kennedy recommends Lugol's in his interview there.

Frankly, for as many times as I've heard someone reference Bragg's for apple cider vinegar, that's the same number of times that I've heard someone reference Lugol's.

For whatever it's worth, I forked out an extra coin for this "Detoxadine" product and I'm really satisfied with the quality and effect. It's dark & thick compared to the watery iodine I last purchased years ago:

Amazon product ASIN B01KYK675C

For the purpose of clearing bacterial population in the gumline, my guess is that any kind of iodine would do the trick... but with regard to the safety of the thyroid in relation to repeated supplementation, that must certainly vary.

Generally speaking, any time I've mentioned salt in the past I've always been quick to recommend against table salt, but for the sake of making a mouthwash formula, it's probably not that big of a deal what kind of salt is used.

With a potential caveat being that if chloride has an antibacterial effect of it's own, then a traditional salt should be used instead of a pure-sodium product like Morton's canning & pickling salt.

akgrrrl

My father lost all his teeth due to peridontal disease at 40, my mom who was a freakin NURSE for oral surgeons lost all of hers at 50. At 67 I still confound my dentist and hygienist because I refuse commercial toothpaste and do not floss.
Perfect checkup, have all my teeth.
Baking soda brushing morning and night with 2drops of THERAPEAUTIC GRADE cloves oil. Unless they let you see the test results, its prob not therapeutic essential oil. $16 from YoungLiving lasts for months. Most potent antioxident on planet earth ORAC scale off the charts compared to anything else, and all those invasive tools and chemicals

cdg

Dr. Blaylocks Newsletter that discusses the gum disease. Although I don't particularly like using iodine based stuff as it might affect the thyroid in a negative way...

Attachments

• blaylock_Nov09BWR_65sm.pdf
    845.7 KB · Views: 70

Jam

I'm in the same boat as @yerrag, except that I've lost 6 teeth (all molars, and not including wisdom teeth, which are all gone), roughly a tooth per year since it started. I have not lost any, though, in the last 3 years or so, since I started upping the iodine (Lugol's and SSKI, anywhere from 150-750mg), k2 mk-4, and various quinones. I didn't start with the latter substances until 2019, iirc. But I did do a full 2 years on 300-750mg of SSKI daily. While I have not lost any more teeth, I have had a couple of gum abscesses flare up during these past 3 years, but they responded extremely well to topical SSKI, and more recently, lapodin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom