How to fix extremely bad / slow digestion?

Motif

I have this since my early childhood.
very high doses of hcl betaine help.
Ox bile too.
Encymes high dosed too a little.

I never took that stuff for a longer time.
Maybe the digestion issues cause my low copper and zinc?

I got Gilbert syndrome too btw.

is there another way than taking 10 pills to each meal ?

Edit: @ursidae how could histidine help with this? I got some unopened bottle here. How should this be taken?

i read different stuff about it. Some say to avoid it with histamine issues other say it helps histamine issues.

@redsun your take on histidine ?

Last edited:

Jhi66

Do you eat a lot of hard cheeses?

Cara

Fixing metabolism helps speed things up. I also struggle with very slow gut motility. For now, I take one capsule of cascara sagrada at night and it works everytime. Cannabis tinctures also help greatly. Hope this helps!

ursidae

Ox bile too.

Edit: @ursidae how could histidine help with this? I got some unopened bottle here. How should this be taken?

i read different stuff about it. Some say to avoid it with histamine issues other say it helps histamine issues.

Unless the benefit you got was from the betaine part of the supplement, if hcl supplementation has helped you, histidine as a precursor for histamine will stimulate stomach acid production too. I got this from redsun, he instructed to take 2 g of it with 30 mg zinc gluconate.

Things that have been pro motility for me are ginger, Taurine, B1, walking. I recently experimented with dairy and it worsened
my gut motility/starch tolerance/body and stool odour/gas build up/bloating. I believe it was due to the casomorphins effect on my intestines. If the stomach acid isn’t strong enough to hydrolyse them, the enzyme DPP-4 is what breaks down the opioid peptides. There are DPP IV supplements out there but a lot of them are derived from aspergillus mold.

OP
M

Motif

Doesn’t matter. I was dairy free for a long time. No diet fixed it.

OP
M

Motif

Unless the benefit you got was from the betaine part of the supplement, if hcl supplementation has helped you, histidine as a precursor for histamine will stimulate stomach acid production too. I got this from redsun, he instructed to take 2 g of it with 30 mg zinc gluconate.

Things that have been pro motility for me are ginger, Taurine, B1, walking. I recently experimented with dairy and it worsened
my gut motility/starch tolerance/body and stool odour/gas build up/bloating. I believe it was due to the casomorphins effect on my intestines. If the stomach acid isn’t strong enough to hydrolyse them, the enzyme DPP-4 is what breaks down the opioid peptides. There are DPP IV supplements out there but a lot of them are derived from aspergillus mold.

I‘m just scared that histidine worsens my histamine issues.
Lemon water helps a lot with digestion, but I’m worried about my teeth and I think it Gives me histamine issues (@redsun Lemon water or not? What do you think ? Could it be beneficial in the long run?)

i think i need as much support as possible. What drinks could I add for this?

Would stretching and massaging the stomach area help with this maybe too?

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

W
I‘m just scared that histidine worsens my histamine issues.
Lemon water helps a lot with digestion, but I’m worried about my teeth and I think it Gives me histamine issues (@redsun Lemon water or not? What do you think ? Could it be beneficial in the long run?)

i think i need as much support as possible. What drinks could I add for this?

Would stretching and massaging the stomach area help with this maybe too?
what are your histamines issues?

youngsinatra

Have you tried magnesium supplementation? If you can‘t tolerate magnesium, take some salt water with it to balance the sodium:magnesium or drink a glass of fresh OJ with some salt to take the magnesium.
This should keep things moving - titrate the dose until things move smoothly.

Other than that slow gut motility is a sign of hypometabolism. Maybe low ceruloplasmin, low retinol or low magnesium or low sodium.

Have you tried the RCP for your specific problems? I‘ve seen many post from you about your copper problems.
Maybe try it - I‘ve found great relief by incorporating things into my regimen - although I still take vitamin D and don‘t condemn calcium. :D

Take the best, leave the rest.

Peace man!

OP
M

Motif

Have you tried magnesium supplementation? If you can‘t tolerate magnesium, take some salt water with it to balance the sodium:magnesium or drink a glass of fresh OJ with some salt to take the magnesium.
This should keep things moving - titrate the dose until things move smoothly.

Other than that slow gut motility is a sign of hypometabolism. Maybe low ceruloplasmin, low retinol or low magnesium or low sodium.

Have you tried the RCP for your specific problems? I‘ve seen many post from you about your copper problems.
Maybe try it - I‘ve found great relief by incorporating things into my regimen - although I still take vitamin D and don‘t condemn calcium. :D

Take the best, leave the rest.

Peace man!
Magnesium wouldn’t help absorbing more if it’s really low stomach acid and bile related I guess ?
I already take some magnesium.

OP
M

Motif

Any drinks I could add for this purpose ?

tea‘s , drops , or whatever?

mostlylurking

Ox bile too.

For your consideration:
article: When SIBO & IBS-Constipation are just unrecognized thiamine deficiency

a snippet:
"In the stomach, thiamine deficiency inhibits the release of hydrochloric acid from gastric cells [3] and leads to hypochlorydria (low stomach acid). The rate of gastric motility and emptying also grinds down to a halt, producing delayed emptying, upper GI bloating, GERD/reflux and nausea [4]. This also reduces one’s ability to digest proteins. Due to its low pH, gastric acid is also a potent antimicrobial agent against acid-sensitive microorganisms. Hypochlorydria is considered a key risk factor for the development of bacterial overgrowth."

OP
M

Motif

For your consideration:
article: When SIBO & IBS-Constipation are just unrecognized thiamine deficiency

a snippet:
"In the stomach, thiamine deficiency inhibits the release of hydrochloric acid from gastric cells [3] and leads to hypochlorydria (low stomach acid). The rate of gastric motility and emptying also grinds down to a halt, producing delayed emptying, upper GI bloating, GERD/reflux and nausea [4]. This also reduces one’s ability to digest proteins. Due to its low pH, gastric acid is also a potent antimicrobial agent against acid-sensitive microorganisms. Hypochlorydria is considered a key risk factor for the development of bacterial overgrowth."
Interesting. I started a b complex about ten days ago

mostlylurking

Interesting. I started a b complex about ten days ago
I've had a history of low stomach acid for at least 25 years. I am much improved since taking high dose thiamine. I am taking 2 grams of thiamine hcl/day now and can digest meat again. You might consider learning more about thiamine supplementation if you are having digestive issues.

OP
M

Motif

How long til you felt improvement ?
You don’t take other stuff to help digestion?

were you really deficient in it and what foods are high in it ?