How to fix a slow metabolic rate: excessive hunger, and low energy

Peatful

@Peatful hi free to you to giveYour perspective
On hans post.why do you yourself make misguiding absolutism claims such as the ones from your cliff notes,as if just eating as much as your body tell you will in all or most cases get you to a healthy/energetic state,when for a significant amount of peoples just eating as much as their body tell me does not make them healthy and energetic,quite the opposite?
Hi.

Im at work so I need to be brief

It’s a complex situation- hence pmhx is important. There is a myriad of possibilities.

Many people are stuck in pseudo recovery; that’s why “overeating” or “refeeding” is a great option for a person with excessive hunger. Al a Matt Stone (although I have never read his published research or work).
Btw: Even Jordan Peterson who is admired on this forum addresses this.

To recommend gold to an excessively hungry person is a difficult one to reconcile.

Nomane Euger

I was explaining the normal dieting experience people undergo. There were no absolutist claims in my posts.
« Peating will work if you are starting out as a baby you won't be fat growing up and probably won't have to diet, but when you are already fat you will have to consciously cut calories/restrict eating eventually. Thyroid will only take you so far. »this is claim with no nuances,no context,you said if you eat « peaty » and you are not a baby,you MUST cut calories and foods conscienciously to loose fat,you didn’t implied any other alternative

Frostee

« Peating will work if you are starting out as a baby you won't be fat growing up and probably won't have to diet, but when you are already fat you will have to consciously cut calories/restrict eating eventually. Thyroid will only take you so far. »this is claim with no nuances,no context,you said if you eat « peaty » and you are not a baby,you MUST cut calories and foods conscienciously to loose fat,you didn’t implied any other alternative
I said "probably won't have to diet" as in if you are in a good state losing weight can be easy. I was implying that being fat in the first place has its own set of problems that need to be fixed. My post was a response to someone thinking that naturally eating will solve many things and I was responding that supplements can have a place in certain scenarios. My post was not an end all be all on dieting. It's a forum post dude not a scientific paper, don't be overly critical of how people talk in the real world

Nomane Euger

Hi.

Im at work so I need to be brief

It’s a complex situation- hence pmhx is important. There is a myriad of possibilities.

Many people are stuck in pseudo recovery; that’s why “overeating” or “refeeding” is a great option for a person with excessive hunger. Al a Matt Stone (although I have never read his published research or work).
Btw: Even Jordan Peterson who is admired on this forum addresses this.

To recommend gold to an excessively hungry person is a difficult one to reconcile.

To recommand peoples that they should eat as much as their hunger tell them independently of other factors is misguiding,And dangerous.hans claims that gold cut hunger is less misguiding if not not misguiding at all, he bases his claims on studies he provided,so he only claimed something from a study he did read and considered coherent,if you have anything to critic him on,it is the design of the study or his interpretation of the study if you don’t agree with it.but as far as missguiding is concern,you have provided no evidences that eating as much as your body tell you will make you healthy and energetic,I don’t see most peoples that do that being healthy and energetic

Last edited:

Peatful

To recommand peoples that they should eat as much as their hunger tell them independently of other factors is misguiding,And dangerous.hans claims that gold cut hunger is less misguiding if not misguiding at all, he bases his claims on studies he provided,so he only claimed something from a study he did read and consider coherent,if you have anything to critic him on,it is the design of the study or his interpretation of the study if you don’t agree with it.but as far as missguiding is concern,you have provided no evidences that eating as much as your body tell you will make you healthy and energetic,I don’t see most peoples that do that being healthy and energetic
Ok
Not here to convince anybody of anything
Thx

Dave Clark

They checked very high dose of gold for a very long time, with no sides.
Unless I missed it, how do you use gold, in a colloidal gold form? That is the only oral form of gold I recall seeing that one can buy. Or, is there some kind of food that may be high in gold, etc. I really don't want to have to start chewing on my gold bar stack, lol.

Nomane Euger

Ok
Not here to convince anybody of anything
Thx
one of your intentions in your comments on this post is to convince peoples,and thats the most legit reason to comment,nothing wrong with that if you believe what you claim can be helpfull to them

redsun

You recommend gold and CBD to override your intelligent body’s signal for excessive hunger?

I believe your desire is to help people (and, naturally, grow your business).
I find several of your posts misguided.

To address this above client: here is my general intervention for the issue of a hungry, low metabolic male (once gathering past medical hx, etc).

Incredibly rudimentary cliff notes version:

•This client needs to eat. His body is telling him, with hunger cues and being hypometabolic, that he is in an energy deficit.
•He will gain weight.
•He will become full and no longer have hunger.
•He will have more energy.
•He will continue to eat to satiety.
•His thyroid is recovering and his cortisol lowers.
•His appetite naturally decreases as he moves to wellness.
•The excess weight drops off effortlessly.
•He is well again.

No supplements. No tricking the body.

Im tagging @charlie here for accountability.
Im not here to cause any trouble.
Nor am I stating I have the answers and am 100 percent correct.
But seeing your influence on so many users- being tagged as an expert- I want to offer a really really different approach.
This is wrong and does not work. Many here as well as Matt stoner followers have all eaten themselves to the point of becoming overweight/obese. If you have been fat for awhile and are dealing with excess hunger that is making it difficult for you to lose body fat and making it too easy for you to further gain weight, your hormonal signalling (leptin and histamine) is working against you. The other issue is your diet is way too low in quality animal proteins especially meat.

You will be ravenously hungry when you do not meet your protein needs and it wont go away until you do. Protein is the most satiating macronutrient because it tells the body there is enough energy. Amino acids stimulate the metabolism and the nervous system and promote satiety. This involves histidine, glutamine, tyrosine, all other major AAs necessary to synthesize neurotransmitters and agonize glutamate receptors that directly or indirectly promote satiety. Carbs are 2nd for this and fat is 3rd. A high carb high fat diet of eat whatever that often ends up skimping on the protein promotes obesity. This will never not be the case.

Peatful

This is wrong and does not work. Many here as well as Matt stoner followers have all eaten themselves to the point of becoming overweight/obese. If you have been fat for awhile and are dealing with excess hunger that is making it difficult for you to lose body fat and making it too easy for you to further gain weight, your hormonal signalling (leptin and histamine) is working against you. The other issue is your diet is way too low in quality animal proteins especially meat.

You will be ravenously hungry when you do not meet your protein needs and it wont go away until you do. Protein is the most satiating macronutrient because it tells the body there is enough energy. Amino acids stimulate the metabolism and the nervous system and promote satiety. This involves histidine, glutamine, tyrosine, all other major AAs necessary to synthesize neurotransmitters and agonize glutamate receptors that directly or indirectly promote satiety. Carbs are 2nd for this and fat is 3rd. A high carb high fat diet of eat whatever that often ends up skimping on the protein promotes obesity. This will never not be the case.
Thx for the detailed response

Again- im at work

And I don’t know Matt Stones work as stated above

I absolutely agree a diet needs to be 40/30/30 C/P/F

Would love to hear your tx options for excessive hunger and low metabolism
Thx

Sefton10

A high carb high fat diet of eat whatever that often ends up skimping on the protein promotes obesity. This will never not be the case.

I’m not trying to lose weight, but this is since dropping protein from 140-160g a day (which I’ve eaten for years) to 70-85g a day. Carbs mainly from oats and fruit, fat mainly from cocoa butter.

EDIT: I should also add hunger is less with what feels like less of a blood sugar drop from protein.

9F47AD56-BDE8-48FC-B646-95DAAA8BAF69.jpeg

JamesGatz

When I first posted the thread/study of the benefits of Gold/precious metals - this forum CLOWNED me - now hopefully people start to wake up to the benefits of precious/conductive metals and my theories are taken more seriously

shanny

Forum Supporter
You're confused because you haven't actually tried calorie deficit dieting for a period of time. You realize your hunger vastly outweighs your calorie maintenance after dieting, and then you overeat for months/years causing fat regain + some. This is so common there are studies showing that 95% of diets don't work in the long term for this reason.

Peating will work if you are starting out as a baby you won't be fat growing up and probably won't have to diet, but when you are already fat you will have to consciously cut calories/restrict eating eventually. Thyroid will only take you so far.
hahahah. That's just laughable. You know nothing about me and this just exemplifies your ignorance.

I'm not confused anymore. Peatful laid it out much better than I could. There are people out there that are very metabolically compromised and this kind of information is dangerous to their health and definitely not in line with Peat principles at all.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
You recommend gold and CBD to override your intelligent body’s signal for excessive hunger?
When satiety signals are broken, you're not overriding hunger, you're fixing it.
This client needs to eat. His body is telling him, with hunger cues and being hypometabolic, that he is in an energy deficit.
If someone is gaining weight, they are 99% of the time not in a deficit and they don't need to eat. Most people are doing bored eating and not really listening to their bodies.
He will become full and no longer have hunger.
I'll have to disagree here since satiety signals are broken in the first place.
He will have more energy.
Not if the neurotransmitters and receptors are restored. Very often this is not done with diet alone. Exercise, sunlight, proper sleep, etc, play very important roles here.
His thyroid is recovering and his cortisol lowers.
Inflammation, light deficiency, stress, inactivity, poor sleep, etc., are much bigger drivers of excess cortisol compared to a low carb diet. If the mitochondria are dysfunctional for example, shoving more glucose and fat down its throat is not going to do it any favors.

I understand your approach. I've been on this forum for quite a while and have seen the "eat more" advice backfire most of the time, unless someone has been undereating for too long, which is rarely the case.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
If your cells can't produce energy effectively or things like the H1-AMPK pathway have been damaged, then more food isn't going to help. Most people don't need to eat 4k calories to "optimize their metabolism". If someone is zinc deficient, have them eat oysters or red meat. Low zinc causes excess hunger. Should you just eat tons of pizzas, noodles, etc, when you have a zinc deficiency? No, the solution needs to be specific.
If something like gold can help to solve a problem when the diet doesn't, why not?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Unless I missed it, how do you use gold, in a colloidal gold form? That is the only oral form of gold I recall seeing that one can buy. Or, is there some kind of food that may be high in gold, etc. I really don't want to have to start chewing on my gold bar stack, lol.
Haha yes, colloidal, which is nanogold. The study used 3nm size gold dust. The gold in your food will depend on the gold in the soil. So no way to know for sure.

Peater

When I first posted the thread/study of the benefits of Gold/precious metals - this forum CLOWNED me - now hopefully people start to wake up to the benefits of precious/conductive metals and my theories are taken more seriously

I searched but there were so many results...do you have a link to your posts on this please?

Edit: Found it!

Last edited:

LLight

Hi Hans,
I've tried the link of your first message but I got a 404 error. Has the link changed or did you remove this article from your website?

Thanks.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans,
I've tried the link of your first message but I got a 404 error. Has the link changed or did you remove this article from your website?

Thanks.
It should work now.

LLight

I don't know if others had the same experience than me, or if there are confounding factors at play, but colloidal gold rather seems to induce hyperphagia than reducing hunger, for me.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals