How to fix a slow metabolic rate: excessive hunger, and low energy

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sometimes diet alone doesn't work. Although I do believe in CICO, some people just suffer excessively from hunger if they cut calories just a smidgen. In this article, I discuss why that can be.

Don

Sometimes diet alone doesn't work. Although I do believe in CICO, some people just suffer excessively from hunger if they cut calories just a smidgen. In this article, I discuss why that can be.

Ill check this out, thanks

SamYo123

But isnt excessive hunger a thing when the metabolism is high since it needs to burn more food?

shanny

Forum Supporter
This does not seem very Peaty to me, and seems rather dangerous to suggest, actually. I've been a long time follower on this forum, and have read Peat's work multiple times, as well as listened to every podcast I can....usually multiple times. I'm not professing to even begin to have a grasp on his knowledge, or level of intelligence, but I have a hard time thinking that someone in desperate need of help would rely on information like this. Someone that is suffering from severe hunger is HUNGRY. Whether they are overweight or not, their cells are not getting energy. What is happening at the level of their mitochondria? What is their mineral status? Do they have excessive endotoxin? Too much iron? Peat addresses things based on energy production. If you have low energy, but excessive hunger, I would imagine this is due to an imbalance that has starved your mitochondria from the correct substrates. Peat's responses are usually to get more calcium, try the carrot salad/mushrooms, reduce estrogen/increase progesterone, eat a small does of liver or oysters, reduce gut infections with a low does antibiotic, or drink more OJ.

I have just seen over and over on this forum people take a deep dive into misinformation when the answer is usually really simple. Peat's solutions are always really simple, and would not do any harm. I'm confused.......

Frostee

You're confused because you haven't actually tried calorie deficit dieting for a period of time. You realize your hunger vastly outweighs your calorie maintenance after dieting, and then you overeat for months/years causing fat regain + some. This is so common there are studies showing that 95% of diets don't work in the long term for this reason.

Peating will work if you are starting out as a baby you won't be fat growing up and probably won't have to diet, but when you are already fat you will have to consciously cut calories/restrict eating eventually. Thyroid will only take you so far.

Peatful

You recommend gold and CBD to override your intelligent body’s signal for excessive hunger?

I believe your desire is to help people (and, naturally, grow your business).
I find several of your posts misguided.

To address this above client: here is my general intervention for the issue of a hungry, low metabolic male (once gathering past medical hx, etc).

Incredibly rudimentary cliff notes version:

•This client needs to eat. His body is telling him, with hunger cues and being hypometabolic, that he is in an energy deficit.
•He will gain weight.
•He will become full and no longer have hunger.
•He will have more energy.
•He will continue to eat to satiety.
•His thyroid is recovering and his cortisol lowers.
•His appetite naturally decreases as he moves to wellness.
•The excess weight drops off effortlessly.
•He is well again.

No supplements. No tricking the body.

Im tagging @charlie here for accountability.
Im not here to cause any trouble.
Nor am I stating I have the answers and am 100 percent correct.
But seeing your influence on so many users- being tagged as an expert- I want to offer a really really different approach.

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

You're confused because you haven't actually tried calorie deficit dieting for a period of time. You realize your hunger vastly outweighs your calorie maintenance after dieting, and then you overeat for months/years causing fat regain + some. This is so common there are studies showing that 95% of diets don't work in the long term for this reason.

Peating will work if you are starting out as a baby you won't be fat growing up and probably won't have to diet, but when you are already fat you will have to consciously cut calories/restrict eating eventually. Thyroid will only take you so far.
Hi,you can « peat »eat as much as your intuitions tell you too,and loose fat,conciously cutting calories isn’t a necessity

Nomane Euger

@Peatful hi free to you to give your perspective
On hans post.why do you make misguiding absolutism claims such as the ones from your cliff notes,as if just eating as much as your body tell you will in all or most cases get you to a healthy/energetic state,when for a significant amount of peoples just eating as much as their body tell me does not make them healthy and energetic,quite the opposite?

Nomane Euger

Technically this is possible. I don't see your point as this is clearly not the norm
Hi,you made an absolutist claim,I added a nuance,because it depend on which foods you eat,you don’t have to start as a baby to loose fat or not gain fat while « peating »

Frostee

Hi,you made an absolutist claim,I added a nuance,because it depend on which foods you eat,you don’t have to start as a baby to loose fat or not gain fat while « peating »
I was explaining the normal dieting experience people undergo. There were no absolutist claims in my posts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals