How To Feel Phenibut High All The Time?

cyclops

Seriously, this stuff is sunshine in a bottle! But unfortunately you can't take it all the time or it will lose effect.

Is there any way to mimic this daily? What would be the best combo of things to try and mimic its effects? I know it effects GABA. Really nothing I've tried comes even close unfortunately...

Pointless

If you need it all the time, you have a problem. You'll have a lot more success using caffeine and working on gut health and thyroid to stabilize mood and balance catecholamines.

Try coffee and aspirin.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

If you need it all the time, you have a problem. You'll have a lot more success using caffeine and working on gut health and thyroid to stabilize mood and balance catecholamines.

Try coffee and aspirin.

Well, I don't NEED it, so there is not a problem. Have you ever tried it?

Thyroid, caffeine, aspirin to do not mimic effects.

Pointless

Yes I've used phenibut. I don't use it every day, though.

I get the same anxiety reduction from aspirin, T4, progesterone, 1 g niacinamide. It doesn't make me into a disinhibited loon like phenibut, GHB, alcohol, etc., but I can do without that.

For the euphoria, you can try Panquinone but nothing will last forever.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Yes I've used phenibut. I don't use it every day, though.

I get the same anxiety reduction from aspirin, T4, progesterone, 1 g niacinamide. It doesn't make me into a disinhibited loon like phenibut, GHB, alcohol, etc., but I can do without that.

For the euphoria, you can try Panquinone but nothing will last forever.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. How much aspirin, T4, progesterone do you use to get similar effects if you dont mind me asking?

Terma

I don't think you can emulate Phenibut entirely for very long, only partially.

Phenibut is at least 2 different effects combined, a Lyrica-like voltage-gated calcium channel inhibition plus a GABAB agonist (maybe even GABAA) at higher doses. It's the most dose-dependent drug I know, too: lower doses <500mg one effect, medium 1g-2g another, 3g+ another.

Its biggest known issue is too long half-life which is specifically why your question will most likely not pan out because that's what everyone agrees is its Achilles heel. Baclofen GABAB agonist half-life is very short and can be used more physiologically, but is also not as euphoric. GHB is also much shorter half-life and is euphoric; even MDMA is not as long [note for some of these I was referring to the half-life of the main pharmacological effects, not the drug elimination half-life]. Then consider Oxycodone which by most accounts is a better high of not entirely dissimilar nature. Other people's experiences are saying you can only make the effect [the "high" part, or even anti-depressive/anti-anxiety] sustainable by cycling. And the odds of emulating that 12 hours a day with anything else [sustainably] are infinitesimal, unless they acted completely differently on the receptors. Sometimes a very-very high dose of Magnesium gave me very temporary europhic high. Only topical MgCl in gel formulation (Amigel specifically) did this and very short-lived. That's the most "natural" emulation I found, but it's really nowhere near.

I'm guessing you're trying to compare Phenibut to the "natural high" that comes up in those Ray Peat quotes, but they are probably of different magnitudes.

Last edited:

Pointless

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. How much aspirin, T4, progesterone do you use to get similar effects if you dont mind me asking?

325 mg aspirin
1/4 grain NDT
1 drop progest-e

Are enough for an anti-anxiety effect, but it's not on the same magnitude as phenibut. It's more functional and homeostatic.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

If I've said it one, I've said it a million times...phenibut is amazing!

Last edited:

lampofred

Phenibut increases GABAB activity and dopamine activity. Estrogen decreases dopamine (and increases serotonin and acetylcholine) and increases glutamate while reducing GABA and destroying GABAB receptors. Low estrogen with high androgens, high progesterone, and high CO2 should be what Phenibut feels like. CO2 also increases GABA and dopamine activity while decreasing serotonin, glutamate, and acetylcholine.

Sunny Jack

Write down how you feel when you are on a Phenibut high, about things that normally would bother or incapacitate you. Try to capture that feeling and your GABA-enhanced reasoning behind it, and write it down for your future, back-to-normal, self. When you are in a non-high state, re-read those thoughts and study them until they are ingrained into your subconscious. In any challenging situation, ask "how would I respond to this if i was on a Pheni-high?" and eventually you will retrain your neural pathways to mimic the thought patterns of the high even when you have no trace of Phenibut in your system. Combine this process with a pro-metabolic diet that, as Peat says, allows you to choose to feel however you wish to feel about things, and you'll have all the benefits of Phenibut without any of the tiredness or comedowns. It will be a more consistent natural high, that can be enhanced with legitimate energy boosters like coffee throughout the day.

Lolinaa

Hi Cyclop, how do you take phenibut? I took a bit less than 280mg at around 7h30 and slept almost all day. I thought it would enhance my motivation, I felt very tired, at 4 pm couldn't anymore and went to bed. I slept till 8h30 pm, woke up, eat a bit and back to bed again. I was in a great mood the day after though.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Write down how you feel when you are on a Phenibut high, about things that normally would bother or incapacitate you. Try to capture that feeling and your GABA-enhanced reasoning behind it, and write it down for your future, back-to-normal, self. When you are in a non-high state, re-read those thoughts and study them until they are ingrained into your subconscious. In any challenging situation, ask "how would I respond to this if i was on a Pheni-high?" and eventually you will retrain your neural pathways to mimic the thought patterns of the high even when you have no trace of Phenibut in your system. Combine this process with a pro-metabolic diet that, as Peat says, allows you to choose to feel however you wish to feel about things, and you'll have all the benefits of Phenibut without any of the tiredness or comedowns. It will be a more consistent natural high, that can be enhanced with legitimate energy boosters like coffee throughout the day.

This is pretty cool advice, but I doubt it would work. Sounds like positive thinking which is great, but the substance counts to0.

Hi Cyclop, how do you take phenibut? I took a bit less than 280mg at around 7h30 and slept almost all day. I thought it would enhance my motivation, I felt very tired, at 4 pm couldn't anymore and went to bed. I slept till 8h30 pm, woke up, eat a bit and back to bed again. I was in a great mood the day after though.

2 grams on an empty stomach and the effects come on 3-7 hours later.

ilikecats

I overdosed on phenibut once in my formative years and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. And I had problems with motor skills and significant cognitive impairment for one month after the overdose. Disgusting stuff. Yes I’ve had some really good experiences with it too. But I don’t think the high is really as good as you think it is... once you get to the point where you can feel a low level of euphoria all the time all drugs seem kinda not that great... even unenjoyable in some ways.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I overdosed on phenibut once in my formative years and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life. And I had problems with motor skills and significant cognitive impairment for one month after the overdose. Disgusting stuff. Yes I’ve had some really good experiences with it too. But the high really isn’t as good as you think it is... once you get to the point where you can feel a low level of euphoria all the time all drugs seem kinda not that great... even unenjoyable in some ways.

How much did you take?

lampofred

This is pretty cool advice, but I doubt it would work. Sounds like positive thinking which is great, but the substance counts to0.

2 grams on an empty stomach and the effects come on 3-7 hours later.

Don't underestimate how powerful positive/negative thinking can be in determining your hormone balance and whether you operate mostly using the sympathetic nervous system or the parasympathetic nervous system...

ilikecats

@cyclops oh jeeez I have no clue I went on like a 2 weekish phenibut bender (I had previously used it once every 2 weeks). I went through like half a kilo during that time. I experienced withdrawals during that time too... the rate of dependency developement was simply amazing. I went maybe 12 hours without dosing like a week in and my hands were shaking violently (I could barely get the phenibut into the glass of soda I was going to use to take it) and I had an incredible sense of impending doom. That’s actually when kind of led to the overdose... I got that feeling of impending doom and thought I hadn’t taken enough so I just kept dosing... what followed was nothing short of a nightmare. But I seem to recall I was dosing 10g at a time but this was a long time ago so it’s hard to remember but I do remember I went start to finish on a 500g jar During that run

Lolinaa

I think 2g is too much and can make you dependent.

I am thin and won't go above 300mg. I took it last week to test and will take it next Sunday as Monday I have a big presentation.

I am not looking for high but to be peaceful, confident while in a good mood. To manage anxiety and fear of public speaking.

They warn on reddit to not go over 1g.

ilikecats

Phenibut such a unique feeling drug It can be very euphoric... lyrica (pregablin), gabepentin (neurotin) and phenibut all feel very similar to me. Phenibut always felt dirty than lyrica but it maybe had more potential for euphoria but they’re both potent euphoriants. Phenibut has more nasty side effects at higher doses- micro sleeping or more like just complete loss of consciousness for one second intervals and a feeling that one needs to jump out of ones own skin. Can be very uncomfortable. Gabepentin feels the cleanest with the least side effects but it has dose dependent bioavailability ie the more you take the less you absorb. My degenerate self got around that by dosing every hour (the highs very long so it kinda just builds up)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals